Page 367 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467867 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 16020

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1221579782.htm

welp, thats a lot of bike for seven grand. I don't want it but still. Ohlins forks and shock...
    I could well be wrong (hardly the first time), but I'm doubting they're Ohlins forks. Too dear for such a high KM one anyway...

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I could well be wrong (hardly the first time), but I'm doubting they're Ohlins forks. Too dear for such a high KM one anyway...
    Entirely possible it's got Ohlins internals, but those do look a heap like TL1000R forks. I reckon my Aprilia would piss all over that and it sure didn't cost anywhere near that much.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Entirely possible it's got Ohlins internals, but those do look a heap like TL1000R forks. .
    Yeah. But Ohlins internals and Ohlins forks are very different things. I actually LOVE TL1000R's..but not that one for that price.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    He turned down a 5k offer...

Should have taken the money n ran like hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Yo momma
    Fully sic Bro!
    Dumbarse turned down $5k.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1221579782.htm

welp, thats a lot of bike for seven grand. I don't want it but still. Ohlins forks and shock...
    Let's not tell the shop that the R has less poke than the S

Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Entirely possible it's got Ohlins internals, but those do look a heap like TL1000R forks. I reckon my Aprilia would piss all over that and it sure didn't cost anywhere near that much.
    I'm confident the TLR is a far better bike with the rear shock done.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

I subscribe to Performance Bikes and they do project bikes. They did a TL1000R over about a year. rebuilt the motor (moar power and a Nova gearbox) , complete front end swap (a BPF GSXR1000 front end complete), Ohlins or Nitron rear shock, and some fairly radical weight saving. I hate the big bulbous arse ends on these (and SRAD GSXR's too) and just putting a different tail on it shed 20kg (visually anyway). If I was doing it it would end up owing me $25k but it turned into what Suzuki could have built if they kept developing it.

I am sort of keen because i have got the SR400* out of my system and am currently thinking seriously about a VTR1000SP1 or 2.

*I like, but 500km is enough to make me certain I dont want to keep it. Gonna cost me some money but oh well....its been a good year.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries

It would be interesting to see all right. The TLR has identical HP and torque, but it's 12kgs heavier. That would have to be a great shock, because the Sachs in the Aprilia is not a bad shock, and the Ohlins model is even better.

And I always thought the TL-s had 125HP and the TL-R had 135HP... must be that extra pork on the R that kills the poke.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    I always liked the tlr, I had an RSVR with full Harris system and twin cans but reckon the tl sounded better. A mate had the s and that thing was scary when pushed on challenging roads, very easy to completely loose it. Would still like to own the a tlr but that thing looks well weathered and to be fair, out of its time now,especially for that money

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    I always liked the tlr, I had an RSVR with full Harris system and twin cans but reckon the tl sounded better. A mate had the s and that thing was scary when pushed on challenging roads, very easy to completely loose it. Would still like to own the a tlr but that thing looks well weathered and to be fair, out of its time now,especially for that money
    Once followed a chap on one who was pushing a TL on the Akaroa GP, was bloody scary watching the way it took a corner, was relatively easy to sit behind him on my GIXXER 600 thinking "Fuck I am glad I am not riding that bike" That said the rider could just have been shit.

I do have a hankering for a big twin, been debating a SV1000 for many moons as a 2 up bike for me and the Mrs to float about on.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Once followed a chap on one who was pushing a TL on the Akaroa GP, was bloody scary watching the way it took a corner, was relatively easy to sit behind him on my GIXXER 600 thinking "Fuck I am glad I am not riding that bike" That said the rider could just have been shit.

I do have a hankering for a big twin, been debating a SV1000 for many moons as a 2 up bike for me and the Mrs to float about on.
    Ha he was probably a good rider, my old mate was fucking smooth on anything and could leave me for dead most of the time.....not on the tl s though. I could chill behind him watching it squirm all over the road.

Can't beat a v twin in for me, good for all occasions. had jap zx7r r1 gixerk1 even a bandit but once I got on the aprilia rsv that was me sold. Always wanted a duc 916, rode my mates back in the day and it was so much smoother than the aprilia but I was a orangutan on the thing. Built for the little people unfortunately

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I reckon both the riders mentioned must be fucken useless.

They get out of shape a bit on the track a bit after a couple laps, but nothing ya can't keep a handle on.

Bike
    Get with it mate! Just like saying come fuck me and you'll get herpes. So bad...it's good! Both leave a lasting lasting impression too.
    At least buy me a drink first mother fawker!

No doubting it's fun, but if something with springs and shocks handles the same as something without then there has been a horrible mistake somewhere along the line I would think

Bike
    suzuki
    I reckon both the riders mentioned must be fucken useless.

They get out of shape a bit on the track a bit after a couple laps, but nothing ya can't keep a handle on.
    i brought a one of the first tl1000 in the country for brian bernard to race in a deal direct with suzuki nz, tony ress was given one and shelved it after the first meeting and went back to his gsr750, from memory we got some good suspension in from aussie and a power commander or similar too. dunno whether tony got that though.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i brought a one of the first tl1000 in the country for brian bernard to race in a deal direct with suzuki nz, tony ress was given one and shelved it after the first meeting and went back to his gsr750, from memory we got some good suspension in from aussie and a power commander or similar too. dunno whether tony got that though.
    As a serious race bike they were lacking, off the shelf. Though, Bernard fucken owned F1 at Wanganui on an Ohlins equipped R.

But as a road bike, they're fucken fine.

Thread Information