Page 473 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573973 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 16087

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    If it's a period correct Vetter Windjammer for the GL and the luggage is the same brand you're probably sitting on a few dollars worth of bits
    Yeah, nah... I just had a look and the memories are flooding back now. It's a Windjammer V but been dropped heavily, broken quite badly. Repairable but missing left indicator and headlight mounts. And mounting frame. When I put it away in the far corner of the shed I must have had more shed space than bin space... sigh
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Yeah, nah... I just had a look and the memories are flooding back now. It's a Windjammer V but been dropped heavily, broken quite badly. Repairable but missing left indicator and headlight mounts. And mounting frame. When I put it away in the far corner of the shed I must have had more shed space than bin space... sigh
    Bugger!
    But hey at least it isn't one of these I reckon these would take the title for Ugly

Bates "Clipper"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    This guy is happy to keep his. At 10500, I've no doubt that's what he'll be doing. Expensive exhaust...but 10500? Nope.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1378053462.htm
    that's the listing I posted lastnight

$10.5k is almost what they were when 1st released here $10995 then they came down to $9995

That pipe when I was looking was roughly $3.5k NZD to buy in Japan then the price of getting it here just made it stupid money

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Idle curiosity...: how do Americans live with themselves, having a bike like that in such a big country... with so few miles!
    And on what scale was it the "fastest production bike 1982"? I thought Laverda and Ducati were still scrapping it out at the top of the list back then?

Mind you, I saw my old "76 Wing on the top of some list once, to my amusement, though I can't remember what for. Possibly the "fastest bike that's heavier than a small truck with a frame that flexes more than an old man's dick"
    Wonder what came second...?
    Erm. . .that's a 4v. The mercans had GSXs badged as GS still. So yeah fast bike for the time.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Bugger!
    But hey at least it isn't one of these I reckon these would take the title for Ugly

Bates "Clipper"
    (shudder)

Ohhh... I feel a bit crook...

There's no real excuses for that. Not when people like Laverda were making fairings back then that were both stylish and worked!
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    (shudder)

Ohhh... I feel a bit crook...

There's no real excuses for that. Not when people like Laverda were making fairings back then that were both stylish and worked!
    it's got a boot but yeah still nauseating
    The Laverda SFC750 & 500 Montjuich fairings of the same era were nice but the 1200 Mirage Ltd fairing was a bit banana box front on, they got things right with the RGA & RGS corsa fairings and a SFC1000 is just

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Bugger!

Bates "Clipper"

Its a Harley Bat Wing fairing except before the nose job.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    it's got a boot but yeah still nauseating
    The Laverda SFC750 & 500 Montjuich fairings of the same era were nice but the 1200 Mirage Ltd fairing was a bit banana box front on, they got things right with the RGA & RGS corsa fairings and a SFC1000 is just
    If you want to toss your lunch, google "Cropredy Liberator" to see what a couple of Welshmen could do to a poor Laverda...

Bike
    Various things
    that's the listing I posted lastnight

$10.5k is almost what they were when 1st released here $10995 then they came down to $9995

That pipe when I was looking was roughly $3.5k NZD to buy in Japan then the price of getting it here just made it stupid money
    Hahahaha...I've always been a bit slow mate...

I've thought about getting one of dem pipes for my Katana, but my wallet says fuck off. Mind you, I'm stupid enough to have paid $2300.00 for a fuel tank for a dirt bike, so...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    $10.5k

From memory, not always reliable, those SS were only $9999 new.

I wouldn't pay extra for the exhaust. My bike has a $6,000 full system and that doesn't effect the resale value so...

And now I've seen T.W.R's post so my memory wasn't too bad.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Yo momma
    Idle curiosity...: how do Americans live with themselves, having a bike like that in such a big country... with so few miles!
    And on what scale was it the "fastest production bike 1982"? I thought Laverda and Ducati were still scrapping it out at the top of the list back then?

Mind you, I saw my old "76 Wing on the top of some list once, to my amusement, though I can't remember what for. Possibly the "fastest bike that's heavier than a small truck with a frame that flexes more than an old man's dick"
    Wonder what came second...?
    Fuck mate it is not like they said some old hardley was the fastest in 1982. You should get out a bit more.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Its a Harley Bat Wing fairing except before the nose job.
    The 70s produced some weird aftermarket shit for bikes then again acid & PCP were drugs of choice for many so there had to be a flow-on effect

The 50s weren't to healthy either though....Ariel Leader & Vincent Black Prince got a fair thrashing from the ugly stick too

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If you want to toss your lunch, google "Cropredy Liberator" to see what a couple of Welshmen could do to a poor Laverda...
    Yeah I dunno.....it doesn't look too bad TBH, but I like seeing that mighty big block sitting out on display

Though a Formula 120 is better

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Hahahaha...I've always been a bit slow mate...

I've thought about getting one of dem pipes for my Katana, but my wallet says fuck off. Mind you, I'm stupid enough to have paid $2300.00 for a fuel tank for a dirt bike, so...
    Dunno about that......I just managed to get a quote going before you dropped your post

Ha when I first investigated the price of one of those pipes.....It was just ya friggin kidding, my wallet clammed up tighter than a nuns snatch
    There's fair bit of difference between a pipe to make something a bit special to buying an item to complete something that is already special

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    From memory, not always reliable, those SS were only $9999 new.

I wouldn't pay extra for the exhaust. My bike has a $6,000 full system and that doesn't effect the resale value so...

And now I've seen T.W.R's post so my memory wasn't too bad.
    I was Just lucky I had a reference of having the KiwiRider mags with the preview reports & full tests when the GS1200ss was 1st released with the sales ads etc, even got the issue where they got hold of one in Japan with the analog dials not digital/analog mix

The Yoshi I had on my GS was one of my johnny on the spot scores and managed to get it for $300 after the guy had it fitted to his bike but didn't like it, it was on for less than a week & he paid over $2k

Thread Information