Page 524 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 244244745145225235245255265345746241024 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 16061

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You can probably buy that album new. I agonise sometimes when buying music now. First preference is vinyl, but if I get it from iTunes I can burn a CD to play in the car, put it in my iPod/iPad or whatever.

On the strength of that I think I'll wind up the turntable.
    you definitely can. I was trawling thru JB Hi Fi and it is there (with most of the classic Floyd catalogue).

What surprised me was the Sex Pistols "Spunk" album, pressed on vinyl and on sale for $25
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Hey good news, if this listing is any guide my Speed Triple has appreciated in value!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1436069192.htm

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    From what I’ve read, for an album to be worth anything it needs to be rare. Of course. A very low number, a rare cover, whatever.

There was a Beatles album issued with a cover that was deemed bad taste so was reissued with a different cover. The original release has some value.

There may be something special about that Pink Floyd album but...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    From what I’ve read, for an album to be worth anything it needs to be rare. Of course. A very low number, a rare cover, whatever.

There was a Beatles album issued with a cover that was deemed bad taste so was reissued with a different cover. The original release has some value.

There may be something special about that Pink Floyd album but...
    you never knew you needed this site in your life, until now.

https://www.discogs.com/search/

The album you're talking about is the Beatles "Yesterday and Today" original cover: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...cover-20160620

Oh, another example you might have heard of: the original pressings of Diamond Dogs by Saint David featured the hybrid dog/Bowie character "anatomically correct" http://riffraf.typepad.com/riffraf/2...mond-dogs.html

I recently bought a 1971 copy of this album because it had the zip and the cover was mostly intact. The album inside was present but fucked .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLZPqWVisvY but who doesnt have Sticky Fingers anyway.

Then theres the even more esoteric world of bootlegs and "new" pressings. I am excited for the upcoming Bowie Glass Spider tour boots.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Talking of the beetles, and we almost were, talentless skiffle band that they were, I was posting somewhere, shit ihope it was here, anyhoo I was in the packnslave when the played pawl mchacknys Silly love songs. I thought I was going to have to injure myself it just kept going on & on. Fuckn dreadful. I was thinking about that chap who put Jon Lemon out of our misery and thinking of shaking him screaming YOU LEFT ONE BEHIND!!!

I remember importing UK pressings of Stranglers albums in the belief they were better quality. Maybe only because mine were worn and you struggled to get No more Heroes or x.cert
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Right then, more bike than toy I guess but $12k?
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1431283775.htm
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Right then, more bike than toy I guess but $12k?
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1431283775.htm
    DREAMING

105 ks top speed. 20 kms range.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    This must be the new model of Boattail!
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...-919108680.htm
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    you never knew you needed this site in your life, until now.

https://www.discogs.com/search/
    Why did you have to do that

Anyway, much like this thread it proves that just because it's old, it doesn't mean it's worth anything.

Could probably get groceries for a month on a couple of picture sleeve singles gathering dust in the cupboard though.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Talking of the beetles, and we almost were, talentless skiffle band that they were, I was posting somewhere, shit ihope it was here, anyhoo I was in the packnslave when the played pawl mchacknys Silly love songs. I thought I was going to have to injure myself it just kept going on & on. Fuckn dreadful. I was thinking about that chap who put Jon Lemon out of our misery and thinking of shaking him screaming YOU LEFT ONE BEHIND!!!

I remember importing UK pressings of Stranglers albums in the belief they were better quality. Maybe only because mine were worn and you struggled to get No more Heroes or x.cert
    When I "went digital" in the early 90's and sold off the bulk of my record collection* those were two I regretted selling. I have vinyl copies of both again and the Live X Cert is a UK import. It plays well but I can hardly hear over the middle age hearing degeneration and tinnitus in any event.

Nice trollage about the beatles by the way. I'll just leave this here: one of my Mum's favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE_JaJE-vbw

*fucking stupid decision that. I did keep 200 or so which form the bulk of my "new" record collection

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Why did you have to do that

Anyway, much like this thread it proves that just because it's old, it doesn't mean it's worth anything.

Could probably get groceries for a month on a couple of picture sleeve singles gathering dust in the cupboard though.....
    what are they? just curious

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    DREAMING

105 ks top speed. 20 kms range.
    Theres a guy with a pushbike electric conversion who got some phenomenal speed out of it: like 80kph. He put the setup into one of those cargo bikes and happily strops around town with his kids in the front..... CB1100R guy just wasnt trying hard enough.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    You can probably buy that album new. I agonise sometimes when buying music now. First preference is vinyl, but if I get it from iTunes I can burn a CD to play in the car, put it in my iPod/iPad or whatever.

On the strength of that I think I'll wind up the turntable.

...it was pretty simple back in the vinyl days...buy a new record every week, an LP cost about 2 or 3 bucks then, and hope like fuck nobody with ham fists or too drunk played them while you were not around to protect them...I thought I was high tech back then when I backed them up on tape, hahaha...I still have 80% of my original vinyl and so much on tape that I reckon a cubic meter of space in my shed is taken up with them...I have a pressing of Jimi Hendrix from the era that has been out of it's sleeve about four times in it's lifespan, and some other shit from then that have not had a stylus waved near them more than a few times...I have a fairly big collection of seventies LPs of Kiwi bands on vinyl, I wasn't into a lot of it, so they could be in very good nick too...I only bought them to support the local industry...maybe it's time to pursue the money option?...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Sgt Peppers and Abbey road picture discs unplayed in packet bought about 1980 from the States and a fold out round cover Ogdens Nut Gone Flake paid a days apprentice wages for it in the early 80's. My Jay Car turntable lasted about 2 hours before it clapped out...the replacement not much longer.
    There was a good doc on Prime on Sgt Peppers....clever productions but not as durable as Revolver, the best Beatles album.

Would that electric Honda have no rego costs being electric?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...it was pretty simple back in the vinyl days...buy a new record every week, an LP cost about 2 or 3 bucks then, and hope like fuck nobody with ham fists or too drunk played them while you were not around to protect them...I thought I was high tech back then when I backed them up on tape, hahaha...I still have 80% of my original vinyl and so much on tape that I reckon a cubic meter of space in my shed is taken up with them...I have a pressing of Jimi Hendrix from the era that has been out of it's sleeve about four times in it's lifespan, and some other shit from then that have not had a stylus waved near them more than a few times...I have a fairly big collection of seventies LPs of Kiwi bands on vinyl, I wasn't into a lot of it, so they could be in very good nick too...I only bought them to support the local industry...maybe it's time to pursue the money option?...
    some of that Kiwi stuff IS worth money. At least so I am told. Things like Dragon and so forth. And that terrible band that Don McGlashan and co did the cover of? Back to Nature or something? Probably worth some money. Trawl on tardme and maybe take them to Penny Lane (but if you do, email Real Groovy in Auckland with photos and a list and ask them too - Penny Lane are good, but because they are literally the only game in town in Chur chur they have no competition in buy price and their sell prices are fucking out there.

always tard me too. useful for asking prices confirmation.

Also: don't wait too long: your audience for this stuff is the audience for your old motorbikes i.e. you. There has been a well documented slide in the value of Elvis memorabilia recently, basically caused by the fact that his fans are dying/moving into rest homes/getting dementia, and so not spending the big bux on collectables any more.

Thread Information