Page 548 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 484484985385465475485495505585986481048 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 16087

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Its the basis of my F.Spencer AMA Superbike replica.
    Could well be! having seen it pop up on TM over the last ten yrs the owner who had it when it was living in Dunedin (about 3 owners back) took it out to near 1000cc & was running smooth bores on it

A good mate owned in the late 80s, he brought it from Whitings at which time it'd supposedly just had a full top end refurb etc. 1st weekend he had we did a long block run to Greymouth 2up and blew the head gasket coming back over Arthur's, so it was back to Whitings the following week
    But over the next few years spent many kms either chasing or being chased by it or seeing Matt do some of the most spectacular shit I've seen done on bikes on the old rolla dor
    If I wasn't in the throws of sorting my property out for selling & running on a tight budget I'd buy it just for the memories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	West Coast.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	492.4 KB 
ID:	333852  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Everyone has clipped the ticket and I want to do the same.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...5ec7766c5de7df

These things were a money sinkhole from new. Don't expect this to have gotten better with age.
    Still kinda cool but I'd want the man looking after my fleet to be riding behind with my next choice so can swap and he can call up a van.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Lot of bike for the money

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b3cc1dbd3a91f3
    So much so when I first rode one (actually maybe the 1300) I thought the tyres were flat. Off the side stand was a major effort.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well there has been a few first model GSXR750s at that or a bit less. They must be worth collecting or as a rider considerable more potent. So less than that.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ive spent a lot on this so want every cent back on my lukewarm retro

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...39471d6dd23a56

Really! Can you think of a better place for 10k to go? And how many milliseconds did that take?
    And how much was left over for the obligatorily Blow&Hookers?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Surprised this old girl hasn't sold yet It's had a few bits n pieces added and removed over the years but still looks pretty much how it did 30yrs ago though she was sporting a Sagar 4-1 back then ]
    Well if you're identifying it as ex Dunedin - and i recognise the pipe - it's probably the one Kevin Orr and I picked up on the way back from a Burt a few years back. That had a Wiseco big bore, 1100 cams and 33CR's with a Dyna 2000 ignition plus a spare one too...He bought it for the ignitions and the carbs. I put a set of 31CR's on it and pulled it down to sort a gearbox problem. We ran it once at a CAMS meeting - and very competent it was too. Much better with 31's than 33's. He sold it to a guy in Auck who wanted to go pre 82 racing. We heard back it was too fast for owner...
    My guess is someone's got the good engine....

The really funny bit was that it was a case of take everything the seller had - heaps of old pipes, centerstands, damaged cosmetics - mainly useless stuff. There was a wheelie bin left out from the property opposite, it got filled with what we didn't want....Kev didn't exactly get good trademe feedback for that, LOL.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Everyone has clipped the ticket and I want to do the same.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...5ec7766c5de7df

These things were a money sinkhole from new. Don't expect this to have gotten better with age.
    Still kinda cool but I'd want the man looking after my fleet to be riding behind with my next choice so can swap and he can call up a van.

Interesting. So a bike that has sat for so long - I'm thinking a potential lot of issues once fired up and being used - gaskets pissing oil once heated etc.

But man oh man when on song with a rowdy 3-1 exhaust these sound so sweet. A chap down road had one he thrashed down my street when I was 10 or so. Left a lasting memory.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ive spent a lot on this so want every cent back on my lukewarm retro

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...39471d6dd23a56

Really! Can you think of a better place for 10k to go? And how many milliseconds did that take?
    And how much was left over for the obligatorily Blow&Hookers?
    Way too expensive and I find it odd that so much has been done to a basically indestructible Kawasaki (those old school oil/air cooled ones last forever) - reckon it sat abandoned for a while?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Lot of bike for the money

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b3cc1dbd3a91f3
    So much so when I first rode one (actually maybe the 1300) I thought the tyres were flat. Off the side stand was a major effort.
    I want you to buy that and then I want you to strip all that touring shit off it, put a decent front end in it (CBR1000 or RVT1000) with clipons and a single round headlight then a smaller tank, tidy up the aesthetics, single seat (XR750 style, or TZ750 or classic cafe racer hump). Then you'll need to sell it to me for $3500 with 12 months rego and a new WOF and new tyres.

sort of like this:

http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-motus-mst-r-fuller-moto
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well if you're identifying it as ex Dunedin - and i recognise the pipe - it's probably the one Kevin Orr and I picked up on the way back from a Burt a few years back. That had a Wiseco big bore, 1100 cams and 33CR's with a Dyna 2000 ignition plus a spare one too...He bought it for the ignitions and the carbs. I put a set of 31CR's on it and pulled it down to sort a gearbox problem. We ran it once at a CAMS meeting - and very competent it was too. Much better with 31's than 33's. He sold it to a guy in Auck who wanted to go pre 82 racing. We heard back it was too fast for owner...
    My guess is someone's got the good engine....

The really funny bit was that it was a case of take everything the seller had - heaps of old pipes, centerstands, damaged cosmetics - mainly useless stuff. There was a wheelie bin left out from the property opposite, it got filled with what we didn't want....Kev didn't exactly get good trademe feedback for that, LOL.
    I exchanged a few emails with a seller about 5yrs or so back about it, he told me he'd got it ex Dunedin juiced-up to buggery and it was too potent for him so tamed it down. I told him a bit of what I knew about the old girl as I recognised the number plate (77HKO) in the ad, but it's had later model front brakes fitted as well as braided lines etc. I sure the kms shown are suspect as it had nearly 60k on it when Matt brought it and we all covered some massive kms in those years.
    When Matt had it it definitely got all of what it had to offer well used It used to do regular sub 1hr runs to Akers back in the day and lunatic shit around town.
    The pic I put up it's sporting a CRC handy can lid aroldited to the timing cover as the nib got ground off when it was shoved under the back end of a ute one winter morning at the Moorhouse Ave/Lincoln Rd lights. It lived amongst us for a few years and if it could talk it'd tell some hellish stories

Found a pic taken at Little river on a nut run to akers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	333859  

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    I exchanged a few emails with a seller about 5yrs or so back about it, he told me he'd got it ex Dunedin juiced-up to buggery and it was too potent for him so tamed it down. I told him a bit of what I knew about the old girl as I recognised the number plate (77HKO) in the ad, but it's had later model front brakes fitted as well as braided lines etc. I sure the kms shown are suspect as it had nearly 60k on it when Matt brought it and we all covered some massive kms in those years.
    When Matt had it it definitely got all of what it had to offer well used It used to do regular sub 1hr runs to Akers back in the day and lunatic shit around town.
    The pic I put up it's sporting a CRC handy can lid aroldited to the timing cover as the nib got ground off when it was shoved under the back end of a ute one winter morning at the Moorhouse Ave/Lincoln Rd lights. It lived amongst us for a few years and if it could talk it'd tell some hellish stories

Found a pic taken at Little river on a nut run to akers
    Thats fantastic. I have similar memories of my GPz750. Good to see the uniform of jeans and unarmoured leather jacket and mullet held sway. I havent got enough hair to rock a mullet these days
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thats fantastic. I have similar memories of my GPz750. Good to see the uniform of jeans and unarmoured leather jacket and mullet held sway. I havent got enough hair to rock a mullet these days
    Back then anything starting with GPZ was the bizz. Mmmmmm GPZ900R

Bike
    Ha, only a couple of us had leather jackets at that time, Matt had one of those Belstaff waxed cotton replica jackets that came out of Whanganui (Armstar if I remember right) and a mix of Puma & PRO helmets He ended up with hair almost halfway down his back and now is pretty much bald
    Though I've never ridden with some one who had so much natural ability, could be a right friggin lunatic but fuckin fast!! He ended up doing 8yrs over in London 7 of which he spent as a motorcycle courier; that used to make me laugh as he had naff all navigational skills

Thread Information