Page 654 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 16073

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Weird advertising - no starting problems with this one. Do they have a rep for starting issues? Unlikely on a modern EFI ride from Japan.
    They are kick start only and while it is straightforward, it does take some learning.

The problem is when they get going, they move at only a glacial pace - you're more likely to be overtaken by global warming (and everything else on the road including a fat bitch in an ageing Ford Falcon). A great bike that needs more horsepowers.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    and listening to Mudshovel
    Geez life can be cool.
    Mate did you try streaming 929online?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Ask him what color powerband and if the left side kerfuffler valve has been reconditioned.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    So I have potentially been offered this fully restored and in pristine condition KWAKA Z900 A4 for around $9,000 (he might want a bit more). It's a client's that I have know for years and he now needs to free up some cash. He has owned it for close to 18 years and I estimate that he has spent a lot more than $9k on it. I have ridden it and she runs pretty sweetly. 1977 brakes don't quite have the same feel as modern ones, but she feels well planted and corners well. The engine sound is quite beautiful, with no hint of the modern 'sewing machine' whine that you get on new bikes. I really like it, but have no idea as to the right sort of value.

Does anyone know this bike well, from a riding/fault/reliability perspective?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	337197  

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    The last of the 900's before the 1000 then.

My gut says for a clean one that's good buying. But I may be wrong!

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    The last of the 900's before the 1000 then.

My gut says for a clean one that's good buying. But I may be wrong!
    Yes Allan, I was thinking it should have been the 1000 motor. It's very nice indeed. If it is worth around $10-12K then I would buy it, but if someone says it's worth $20k, I'll tell him to advertise it. I like the guy and don't want to rip him off.

Bike
    Exercycle
    It's a dilemma. If he needs the cash urgent, buy it now. In theory it probably is worth a bit more but his urgent need can overcome that.

If it was rougher, someone like Croz would buy it for 1-2 thou less and ask 30 plus once restored..

The twin discs are a good upgrade - but if they're not up to modern standards, the M/C is the wrong size. For std calipers twinned, use a 14mm bore M/C.
    Soft organic pads are needed too. I've got customers racing on that combo.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    So I have potentially been offered this fully restored and in pristine condition KWAKA Z900 A4 for around $9,000 (he might want a bit more). It's a client's that I have know for years and he now needs to free up some cash. He has owned it for close to 18 years and I estimate that he has spent a lot more than $9k on it. I have ridden it and she runs pretty sweetly. 1977 brakes don't quite have the same feel as modern ones, but she feels well planted and corners well. The engine sound is quite beautiful, with no hint of the modern 'sewing machine' whine that you get on new bikes. I really like it, but have no idea as to the right sort of value.

At 9K and in that condition... Just buy it... Not shit - I'd give you $9K for it in a blink. Stonking bike for 9K and it will get attention everywhere you go. Poor bugger selling it must be gutted... I mean 9K? WTF else would you get for that? A 10yr old 1st generation Bonnie... Gleep...

Classic Bike did a big piece on Z900's a while back. Yeah its NOT a Z1 but it feels like one and its one you can actually use.

Bike
    suzuki

quite simply the cost savings on rego add a lot of value to bikes of this era, people can afford to register them all year round so don't suffer from the opportunities to ride but their bikes on hold.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    I think that old bikes are often overpriced just because they're "classic". Old bikes have all the inherent problems of any old machinery, and should be priced accordingly. Parts become harder to find and more expensive, and less people are around who know about a particular models quirks. Because of that often a classic bike ends up sitting in the garage for extended periods because the owner doesn't want to put too many miles on it. I reckon that's a bit of a shame.
    Still, that looks like a really nice machine. And if that's the going price then grab it and enjoy it
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    Street Triple R

buy it or I want it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    I think that old bikes are often overpriced just because they're "classic". Old bikes have all the inherent problems of any old machinery, and should be priced accordingly. Parts become harder to find and more expensive, and less people are around who know about a particular models quirks. Because of that often a classic bike ends up sitting in the garage for extended periods because the owner doesn't want to put too many miles on it. I reckon that's a bit of a shame.
    Still, that looks like a really nice machine. And if that's the going price then grab it and enjoy it
    They generally only sell for what people are prepared to pay.
    If I was in the market for a 70's 4 cylinder kwaka I'd say that one is a bargain.
    Depends on the "Classic" I can get most parts for a Norton Commando or 70's BMW in days. Learning how old vehicles work is part of the fun, however once they become 'collectable ' and not used as much parts will dry up and no one will bother making them for a reasonable cost.
    Check out VW Kombi pricing if you think bikes are expensive.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Geez these things are common as muck now, and no more desirable.

Ticks all the cliche.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...cb58fb085b81ae
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    First line was virtually verboten from my thoughts.

Check this beauty out. . .

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...cb58fb085b81ae
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information