Page 669 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 16018

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    4 grand for that TRX, sort the suspension (say $2500) and brakes (say $500) assuming the motor is good you would have a pile of fun.
    or just buy a Ducati for 7K and not have to go on about Yamaha's forgotten fauxcati.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    4 grand for that TRX, sort the suspension (say $2500) and brakes (say $500) assuming the motor is good you would have a pile of fun.
    TM is flooded with VTR1000 at that price range. They are crying out for those mods and will dick a TRX all day. Aftermarket regulator and manual camchain tensioner for not much and they will keep going. Maybe race fairing/ tailpiece could sexy them up a bit . And hopefully disguise the fact that it's a Honda.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    TM is flooded with VTR1000 at that price range. They are crying out for those mods and will dick a TRX all day. Aftermarket regulator and manual camchain tensioner for not much and they will keep going. Maybe race fairing/ tailpiece could sexy them up a bit . And hopefully disguise the fact that it's a Honda.
    One of the bikes I will own before I die is an RVT1000R (but you can stick your VTR1000 up your bum)
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    Someone has seriously devalued this but somehow thinks it is worth more as non std. Like way more than the RZ.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...c0d68f56a58422
    this model has very little value anyway, old SOHC outdated bland model that wasn't in any class of it's day, ie not 1000 750 or 550....

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    One of the bikes I will own before I die is an RVT1000R (but you can stick your VTR1000 up your bum)
    ^^ They're also valled VTR's over here. There are VTR Firestorms which are the semi naked sports tourer-esque ones and then the VTR SP1 and SP2 which are the kickarse ones from WSBK and Suzuka etc. There's one which races in my town. Sounds AMAZING!

Apparently it's an RC51 if you ask a 'Murrican.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but you won't find one for 4 grand. My comparison to the TRX stands.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    ^^ They're also valled VTR's over here. There are VTR Firestorms which are the semi naked sports tourer-esque ones and then the VTR SP1 and SP2 which are the kickarse ones from WSBK and Suzuka etc. There's one which races in my town. Sounds AMAZING!

Apparently it's an RC51 if you ask a 'Murrican.
    I didn't recognise HDC's description, that may be the American version, but SP1 and SP2 I understand.

The RC thing is a standard Honda code for any racing model. The 250cc 6 cyl was RC166. RC211V referred to the racing, twenty first century, first model, V engine. The current GP bikes are designated RC213V.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Ridden it twice. I mean what sort of dork does that?

Given he's swapped out the front end for no apparent reason maybe he stacked it on the first or second ride.....

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Yeah but you won't find one for 4 grand. My comparison to the TRX stands.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1bdc81bea326a8

true.

I turned down a minter a couple years ago (when I think they were at their nadir value-wise) and I think they are creeping a bit.

There was one in Queenstown and by the time I had the money together in a pile he had sold it - fair nuff.

I am sort of dithering about this one - I think it is too expensive for what it is. I suspect potentially ex race bike but dont know.

this one looks pretty fucking tasty though.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I partly recall the BIKE comment from back in the day. Along the lines of, "Fully committed. If you're not, leave it."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I partly recall the BIKE comment from back in the day. Along the lines of, "Fully committed. If you're not, leave it."
    they had bad fueling and snatchy AF at low throttle openings (PC3) and need a suspension rebuild. Tend to run hot too (like an RC30).

Ive always loved the look of them.. Great for a Sunday afternoon thrash I reckon. Or trackdays. 120hp not 190!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    In a different league to a poxy FartStorm, but also in price. Never ridden one, and as an ex YZF750SP owner I'm more Yamaha wsb biased. Hence my difficulties before suggesting the humble VTR was better than any Yam.

Bike
    moped

true.

I turned down a minter a couple years ago (when I think they were at their nadir value-wise) and I think they are creeping a bit.

There was one in Queenstown and by the time I had the money together in a pile he had sold it - fair nuff.

I am sort of dithering about this one - I think it is too expensive for what it is. I suspect potentially ex race bike but dont know.

Always been a yamaha man, but the RC51 is one of the nicest and most comfortable sports bikes i have ever ridden, they handle like they are on rails, amazing torque and the sound is something else with the right pipes on, smile factor all the way. Some of the early VTR's 1000 had to small fuel tank and no range, i think the RC51 was better. That one in Porirua looks bloody mint and set up nice as well, id have that if i had some room.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    they had bad fueling and snatchy AF at low throttle openings (PC3) and need a suspension rebuild. Tend to run hot too (like an RC30).

Ive always loved the look of them.. Great for a Sunday afternoon thrash I reckon. Or trackdays. 120hp not 190!
    They are nothing special at all. Good looking bike though.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    They are nothing special at all. Good looking bike though.
    You're a hard man to please Drew.

Thread Information