Page 705 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755805 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 16087

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i had a darmah, bevel drive duke, time consuming to shim the closing rocker, i don't know why they just didn't have an ecentric pin through it that could be rotated to provide endles quick adjustment.
    Because the closing cam timing would be out of synch with the opening cam....Bang !

The trouble with eccentric rockers - a'la CB350 twins - is that as you move the rocker centerline you change the cam timing.
    Bastard CB350's should have their cam timing finally set at running clearances...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Because the closing cam timing would be out of synch with the opening cam....Bang !

The trouble with eccentric rockers - a'la CB350 twins - is that as you move the rocker centerline you change the cam timing.
    Bastard CB350's should have their cam timing finally set at running clearances...
    that's why i'm an electrician and you're a wizard at what you do... how was the swapmeet, had planned to get there till yesterday morning price check on flights hurt a bit too much....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    You mean like a 1960's BSA?
    yeah , seems simple enough, i know ducati wouldn't have cared but wondered why there wasn't something aftermarket, but Grumphy man has the answer.

Bike
    husaberg
    yeah , seems simple enough, i know ducati wouldn't have cared but wondered why there wasn't something aftermarket, but Grumphy man has the answer.
    have a read of this.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...-desmo-valves/

Id hazzard a guess he wss more concerned out the weight as to why they were not put in.
    "The Japanese motorcycle companies want to make an easy car," he said. "I want to make a difficult bicycle."
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Only to a closed mind.
    My dirt bike has a better spread of power than a mates WR450. Thick cunts that don't know what they are talking about always think of small engines and say all 2 strokes are peaky. Bullshit.
    Edited for accuracy.

Bike
    Exercycle
    thaqt's why i'm an electrician and you're a wizard at what you do... how was the swapmeet, had planned to get there till yesterday morning price check on flights hurt a bit too much....
    About as big now as John wants it to get. Bigger than the last couple of years anyway. Lot of Norton twin and Triumph stuff there, less 80's jap stuff than usual. Any good rare vintage stuff was changing hands behind parked cars with lookouts posted....
    Oh - and the first 350 manx barrel I've ever seen off a complete motor...Doubt if anyone wants it either.
    I came close to buying a 197 Villiers barrel but thought better of it....A mate was having a clearout so I came home with a couple of non Villiers freebies anyway.
    Hot and dry...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I thought they may have dumped the Desmo heads on the new V4. Figured given the departure to a new format that changing the valves etc would not have upset too much. I was of course wrong.

I fail to see that there would be loss of sales by dropping the desmo gear as the die-hard fans of it probably don't buy modern Ducatis anyway. Look at BMW's success in going to a most excellent inline 4 - the old school twin buffs won't buy them but people previously loyal to Japanese makers etc have flocked to them.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Always good to have a Unique Selling Point. Like Yams 5V heads. Or Crossplane.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Always good to have a Unique Selling Point. Like Yams 5V heads. Or Crossplane.
    Interesting you say that as I was thinking how many years did Yammy carry on with the 5 valve heads - quite a while before they admitted 4 were the correct number. Crossplane they are grabbing - shit I am sure they apply the term to one of their twins now. The fours do sound nice though.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ride an R1 M. It will make anything else seem a bit sterile. But too spastic for the road.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    No issues with the Brembo disks yet ..... I probably don't ride hard enough. I notice they are thinner from standard than the Honda ones - obsession with making things lighter?
    Yeah, I've got a little bit of shudder with my front brakes. The only problem is I'm too anal about trying to keep it original and it's pretty hard to find Brembo Snowflakes over here within my meager budget
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Yeah, I've got a little bit of shudder with my front brakes. The only problem is I'm too anal about trying to keep it original and it's pretty hard to find Brembo Snowflakes over here within my meager budget
    The best way to fix that is to find out where the shudder is (i.e. the high point and then put a big (at least 24 inch crescent spanner on the high point and give it a wee tap with a hammer to flatten out the high spot. You need to be fairly precise so you will need to start witha medium size hammer then go up in steps till it fixes it. Remember, a hammer is a precision instrument.

Works like a charm*..... and free!

*never do this
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Fuck me, it's another silly fat wheeled thing!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...63afbe3d39ae09

The words "Custom Built" and "Bali" really shouldn't be said in the same sentence with such pride.

Bet it handles like a sack of shit with god knows what USDs on it (hyosungs maybe?), longer swing arm and stoopid fat tyres.
    Its worth 2k tops if you can find someone that likes ugly bikes that don't handle.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Try giving them a good clean on both sides with a clean rag and brake clean. Don't be stingy on the cleaner and give them a couple complete cleans. I picked up a small shudder on a Honda some years back and cleaned the disks down - fixed. I just regularly clean them now as a maintenance thing. My theory is a slightly uneven build up of dust in the cooling holes.

Worth a go - costs sweet F-all and may at least reduce any shudder.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Of course just spinning the wheel with a ruler or anything held securely against the forks will show you if there is any disc run out as you move it close enough to just about drag on the disc.

Thread Information