Page 719 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 219619669709717718719720721729769819 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 16020

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    I like the classy oil catch bottle mounted where the mirror should be. A lot of thought has gone into that.
    or maybe that is the communication tube to the engine room! "Full speed ahead!"
    I thought it was a bong.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I thought it was a bong.
    Some form of Hipster remote fueling monitoring system, with gas soon to be $3.00 you don't want to leave it in the tank.

Early ride by air throttle system seems to have been employed ( note surplus cables)
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I did. Doubt that will have much affect on the viability of the project. Jeez man. 3K. What planet for that scabby junker? A fine $300 beach bike maybe.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Tired old 360
    Spent too much time at the Cafe thinking about a Racer
    My brother in-law is a lawyer - I gave him a rattle can and he painted it. He is a professional lawyer....
    New to the bike - got them cheap off TM
    Major work - for some reason the new front tyre won't hold air
    You'll feel proud that your massive arse looks small when sitting on that seat (the seat cannot be unseen)
    Should be $300
    That brake pedal is a crime against humanity and needs to be reported under the relevant Geneva Convention.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Blog Entries
    You mean: standard, but with no resting stop on it. I'd like to think that would be a wof fail but there probably isn't a catch all for lazy incompetence.

So chances that there is an air correction kit for those CVs with the airbox removed?

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I had a 470cc CB360 in Perth running open CVs off an early Kawasaki 450 LTD. Perfect carburation and went like a cut cat. Unlike similar vintage Hondas it had a big clutch and a real sweet 6 speed gearbox. Lots of fun around Wanneroo.
    $3000? I don't think so. Mine had GPz1100 brakes, 18" wheels(it was a while ago) and was at least as quick as the local shop Yoshimura GPz500/4. I sold it to bubbles for $100

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So hardly std and you've got a shit ton of experience jetting bikes. Most of these dicks just remove the airbox and maybe fit a dreadful k&n copy, the cheap ones are particularly useless.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    ... fit a dreadful k&n copy, the cheap ones are particularly useless.
    Malcolm was telling me that back to back dyno runs showed a drop in power when fitting those terrible conical mesh style filters.

They look the business though, so I guess that makes up for it.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Malcolm was telling me that back to back dyno runs showed a drop in power when fitting those terrible conical mesh style filters.

They look the business though, so I guess that makes up for it.
    Yep, I recall lab tests done in the US on aftermarket filters for common models of cars. They tested flow, particulate reduction and life expectancy for every major filter available.

In every case the OE filter was a better filter, lasted longer and in most cases they actually flowed better too, the summary was basically a lecture on the power of advertising.

Unbelievably, it turns out that Mr AC Delco actually had a few clues.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Yep, I recall lab tests done in the US on aftermarket filters for common models of cars. They tested flow, particulate reduction and life expectancy for every major filter available.

In every case the OE filter was a better filter, lasted longer and in most cases they actually flowed better too, the summary was basically a lecture on the power of advertising.

Unbelievably, it turns out that Mr AC Delco actually had a few clues.
    I always educated my apprentices that while you are employed to fix cars, other people are employed to sell parts or tools, regardless of wether said parts or tools work or not.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There's a Youtube item examining why the new 900cc Triump is so gutless. In the item he mentions they fitted the Triumph Vance and Hines optional extra exhaust system, fifteen hundred quids worth, and a dyno run showed 1bhp gain. Nearly three thousand of our Pacific pesos for one solitary hp.

Still, some years ago BIKE tested aftermarket cans and some of them produced less than standard.

The Youtube clip is here if you've got a lazy twenty minutes or so:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRk6...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    There's a Youtube item examining why the new 900cc Triump is so gutless. In the item he mentions they fitted the Triumph Vance and Hines optional extra exhaust system, fifteen hundred quids worth, and a dyno run showed 1bhp gain. Nearly three thousand of our Pacific pesos for one solitary hp.
    of course no ones ever fitted an aftermarket pipe for the sound and it's cheaper than oem to replace....

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I'll admit that I don't know a lot about old Kwakkas but even though it's an H2A and they're quite desirable, I struggle to see $20k in this condition..

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...4ea54f94149907
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    77 XL250
    That Kawa has been on Tardme for 1000 years and gradually climbs in asking price.
    I suspect it is the equivalent of the 'Nigerian Prince' scheme. "You only need one sucker with money".
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Yes that's the weirdest listing, literally getting more expensive the longer it takes to sell. It has been listed for AT LEAST the last 3 years, possibly much longer.

As an H2 it definitely has some value....but no not $20k in that state.

Thread Information