Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 736 of 840 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786836 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,040 of 12594

Thread: Optimistic sellers

  1. #11026
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    No, you compared it to a modern 250 or 300 to justify thinking it wasn't worth that. That was incorrect and showed you had no idea.
    Gotta agree with Drew here Oats (not a common thing).
    Good buying at 5k. Will be worth the original asking price in the not too distant future too, the change in LAMS laws decreased the value of the 250 smokers a tad but they are still very desirable and collectable.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  2. #11027
    Join Date
    1st June 2014 - 21:23
    Bike
    Ducati 748R
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    179
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/lis.../listing?rfm=1

    Wow... It has finally happened, I thought the 125 was bad.
    I have to agree with the others.. The tzr is good value for money, and if I didn't have little people feed I would buy that!

  3. #11028
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,469
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I bought a tidy '08 250 Vespa recently, which would leave $22,500 to get it painted like that, or in any style I liked before it owed me 25k.
    A brand new 300GTS with ABS is around the 10k mark, leaving 15k for "improvements"
    If you see another I am thinking of buying one.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  4. #11029
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Gotta agree with Drew here Oats (not a common thing).
    Good buying at 5k. Will be worth the original asking price in the not too distant future too, the change in LAMS laws decreased the value of the 250 smokers a tad but they are still very desirable and collectable.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    The December edition of Classic Motorcycle Mechanics is going to cover the SP and RS versions of the 3XV TZR. That one I think they worked out is cooking model or some issues so dropped the price.

    I'd still rather push one of those that have a LAMEs gpx300 or whatever.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  5. #11030
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by layton View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/lis.../listing?rfm=1

    Wow... It has finally happened, I thought the 125 was bad.
    I have to agree with the others.. The tzr is good value for money, and if I didn't have little people feed I would buy that!
    I cant see the attraction... is there an advantage this would have over an MT09?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  6. #11031
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    The December edition of Classic Motorcycle Mechanics is going to cover the SP and RS versions of the 3XV TZR. That one I think they worked out is cooking model or some issues so dropped the price.

    I'd still rather push one of those that have a LAMEs gpx300 or whatever.
    My bucket is a tzr chassis with a diesel fxr donk. Chassis is stable asf. Would love to ride one with the correct engine in it

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  7. #11032
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    9,083
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    I cant see the attraction... is there an advantage this would have over an MT09?

    HArd to fall off.

    Apparently more stable than two wheels in bumpy corners.

  8. #11033
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,859
    I don't think so Tim.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...9354cbf1667ba3

    And aren't those pipes' the ugliest?
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  9. #11034
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,859
    This looks good honest bike. Not too many ks. But for this price you'd want the standard exhaust and a large refund.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...205f581c50c818
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  10. #11035
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    If you see another I am thinking of buying one.
    Im bidding on another at the mo. See how it goes.

  11. #11036
    Join Date
    21st December 2017 - 11:43
    Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I don't think so Tim.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...9354cbf1667ba3

    And aren't those pipes' the ugliest?
    I get that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all like different shite.. But who looks at that and says "Yes, this is better"
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

  12. #11037
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,496
    To my mind not a bad buy, but why don't sellers get a WOF and take better photos with decent description.
    Whist the seat may be comfortable it does not exactly enhance the look.
    Is that the infamous 16" wheel?, were they really that bad?


    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1833806918
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  13. #11038
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,469
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    This looks good honest bike. Not too many ks. But for this price you'd want the standard exhaust and a large refund.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...205f581c50c818
    the standard exhaust is probably half that value. they rotted like cray cray. They all seemed to in that era...
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  14. #11039
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I don't think so Tim.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...9354cbf1667ba3

    And aren't those pipes' the ugliest?
    87000k and rude pipes. Wouldn't touch it with yours Dave.

  15. #11040
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    This looks good honest bike. Not too many ks. But for this price you'd want the standard exhaust and a large refund.

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...205f581c50c818
    I don't think those will ever be worth that sort of coin. Good bikes in their day but not a Black Piper, Katana, turbo, or ELR.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

  1. F5 Dave

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •