Page 765 of 1067 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 15996

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    So surfing the web looking at Baggers with silly large front wheels. This is true America - someone does a 21 or 23 inch wheel on a show bike so everyone must do it larger. And you end up with a front tyre measuring 140/40/30!

Anyway - found this beauty of engineering for your pleasure. Even with those huge wheels her bum still looks ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suz.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	340223  

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The hard tail is fucken awesome. The repowered 72 is just junk.
    Ah. The model is a '72'. I misunderstood.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ah. The model is a '72'. I misunderstood.
    Yeah it's one they bought out a few years back with styling harking back to 1972. Thankfully they used current running gear as you are correct - the 70's was a bad time for HD until the Alloy EVO engine arrived in what early/mid 80's? I remember the magazines being all excited about a alloy HD engine when everyone else had been using them for ...... jeepers decades?

They really should have gone bankrupt in the AMF days.

Side note I read about 115th anniversary bikes coming out this year. Fucks sake, another non event year being celebrated, the 100th was and should have been big, with a genuine reason for a collector to fork out for a anniversary bike, but now the fuckers run them out evey following 5 years.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    The other one is this Sportster 72. Nowhere near as cool (and why is that girl perched on it with the Indian headdress ?) but a modern powertrain, EFI, and at least some rear suspension. Its got the look, too.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...5fcf1006187bdd

The 72 has been for sale for a while - if $11k bought it I might be in - except my CB750 is in bits again.

And I guess too that if I want something heavy, slow, with marginal brakes and that vibrates I have the CB750 for that....

I rode a demonstrator '72 ... in 1972 it would have been my dream bike .. so I took it out for a ride ..

It was a piece of shit ... a high speed industrial vibrator ... could not take a corner at 100 klicks without bouncing all over the road .. and after 20 minutes I could feel the bones in my elbows banging together ...

Looks the part tho' ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I rode a demonstrator '72 ... in 1972 it would have been my dream bike .. so I took it out for a ride ..

It was a piece of shit ... a high speed industrial vibrator ... could not take a corner at 100 klicks without bouncing all over the road .. and after 20 minutes I could feel the bones in my elbows banging together ...

Looks the part tho' ...
    You and I must be about the same age. In my early teens I spent most of maths class drawing choppers in the back of my maths book. The paper was a grid so it was easier. They all looked like the "72"
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't decide a colour and changed my mind, then I thought maybe I'd paint some of the engine, then

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...d233993db0ee95

But I want another bike so I need this much so if. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

Side note I read about 115th anniversary bikes coming out this year. Fucks sake, another non event year being celebrated, the 100th was and should have been big, with a genuine reason for a collector to fork out for a anniversary bike, but now the fuckers run them out evey following 5 years.
    like ducati limited editions, when i had my 851 i recall half of that range were 'limited editions SP models' and the other half run of the mill. Triumph used to have royal wedding models, but not he modern company, mind you i'd buy anything with a seat knitted out of meghan markles pubic hair if it did come out.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I couldn't decide a colour and changed my mind, then I thought maybe I'd paint some of the engine, then

Needs more exhaust wrap
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    CX500

Colour scheme is beyond terrible. Improper fitted seat. Grips do not match anything on the bike and look out of place. Stock rear mudguard defeats the purpose of making a 'cafe racer'. And the creme-de-la-creme and my biggest pet-pev when people are trying to make cafes is the god damn speedo and tacho are stock and look big bulky and ugly.

4 grand. This guys on some serious crack cocaine. Stay off the crack kids.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    This poor, poor bike started life as a Suzuki TLS.. These are desirable and collectable now (over here at least)..

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...9ab361e79a3041

Poor thing!
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    bandit

Umm .. it's modified - I don't believe any modifications are allowed to get LAMS approval ..

And road lice remain road lice .
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Triumph used to have royal wedding models, but not he modern company, mind you i'd buy anything with a seat knitted out of meghan markles pubic hair if it did come out.
    And a Queen’s Silver Jubilee model etc. Hinkley still do special editions, usually to celebrate the anniversary of a model. I’ve got one but I wouldn’t buy another, they cost up to several thousand more than standard when new, but when it’s time to trade it in, it’s just a standard model.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    This poor, poor bike started life as a Suzuki TLS.. These are desirable and collectable now (over here at least)..

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...9ab361e79a3041

Poor thing!
    it's a streetfighter, a term used to descibe a bike that was smashed all over the road and the owner was too tight to bu all the parts to repair it.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Just noticed the seat, erm, I'll say unit, but jeez dude that is rude.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    And a Queen’s Silver Jubilee model etc. Hinkley still do special editions, usually to celebrate the anniversary of a model. I’ve got one but I wouldn’t buy another, they cost up to several thousand more than standard when new, but when it’s time to trade it in, it’s just a standard model.
    Like that McQueen model. Slap a badge on, olive paint ..........

Thread Information