Page 769 of 1067 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819869 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 15996

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I don't think less than 10% constitutes ownership.
    Well it would constitute 10% ownership wouldn't it. I have no idea what % the arab countries own now but they had major investments at the time of the first Gulf war. The group of companies that owned Mercedes and AEG etc were mentioned prominently. It's hard to imagine that their investments would have reduced since then.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Bugger some of that "Older styling" thing. Comfortable seats and good suspension were not developed because the old stuff was as good as it could be.

Yes - while we may remember these bikes fondly - there are reasons why we don't ride them .. like brakes, handling, comfort ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Yes - while we may remember these bikes fondly - there are reasons why we don't ride them .. like brakes, handling, comfort ...
    Nice to hear, I thought I was unusual for an old dude,not being interested in old stuff other than looking at them very briefly !
    Nah, modern stuff for me !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Nice to hear, I thought I was unusual for an old dude,not being interested in old stuff other than looking at them very briefly !
    Nah, modern stuff for me !
    Though still one of the best bikes ever built, the K6 is 13 years old now man.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    YES, maybe I should keep it ? it'll be a classic ?

(the wife says I come home smilin every time I nip out for a fang.).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    Bugger some of that "Older styling" thing. Comfortable seats and good suspension were not developed because the old stuff was as good as it could be.

I wonder if buyers also give up other modern things and start crapping in the street and looking forward to a dose of good old fashioned Typhoid.
    Bit like the car industry , BMW resurrecting the mini , Ford with the Mustang, Dodge with the Challenger, VW with the Beetle . none with the original engines whereas Royal Enfield is still a long stroke 2 valve pushrod single (probably the only true British style single available) . The market for these is the baby boomers harking back to their motorcycling days , and with low horse power allows learner licenced riders to use them. Triumph are cashing in on it too with the Bonniville and street twin, slick marketing. Now Kawasaki is reinventing the KZ900, Egli with the Vincent, Honda with their Z minibikes, BMW r nine T, Ducat scrambler, Who and what will be next.
    to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
    I do have a purpose in life , Even if it is as a warning to others

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Totally agree, it took me nearly 3 hours to remove the wheel of my 53 Tiger 100 and fit a new tyre, the 83 BMW ST I can do in under an hour.
    The latter's mono shock gives a much better ride and then there is the powerful single disc too
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tanken2 View Post
    Bit like the car industry , BMW resurrecting the mini , Ford with the Mustang, Dodge with the Challenger, VW with the Beetle . none with the original engines whereas Royal Enfield is still a long stroke 2 valve pushrod single (probably the only true British style single available) . The market for these is the baby boomers harking back to their motorcycling days , and with low horse power allows learner licenced riders to use them. Triumph are cashing in on it too with the Bonniville and street twin, slick marketing. Now Kawasaki is reinventing the KZ900, Egli with the Vincent, Honda with their Z minibikes, BMW r nine T, Ducat scrambler, Who and what will be next.
    Maybe Yamaha will have another stab at the XZ400?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Most former owners would rather have a stab at the people who designed it.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    And one of my Bandits is the same age - the other is nine years old ..

So let me tell you what is different to the old stuff I used to ride ..

Disc brakes - (two on the front, one on the rear) not an 8-inch single leading shoe drum ... or even a twin leading shoe drum

It does not have a pasta frame ...

Tyre technology is huge and the old stuff will not run the larger tyres the bandits do ...

Shock absorbers - they actually do what they are named for ..

Lights - at night you can actually see where you are going

They don't vibrate ... I would not like to have done the North Island 1600 on one of my old Brits ... (see lights above as well).

Acceleration .. my '63 T'bird (Meridan Triumph 650 for you kiddies) was good for 110mph (160kph) on a longish straight (not bad for it's day) .. my 650 Bandit has been to 185 kph and still in fifth gear, not on the red line ..

Cars are moving chicanes (on the old stuff they are obstacles) ...

Mate - riding back then was great - riding the modern stuff is just fucking fun ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    And one of my Bandits is the same age - the other is nine years old ..

So let me tell you what is different to the old stuff I used to ride ..

Disc brakes - (two on the front, one on the rear) not an 8-inch single leading shoe drum ... or even a twin leading shoe drum

It does not have a pasta frame ...

Tyre technology is huge and the old stuff will not run the larger tyres the bandits do ...

Shock absorbers - they actually do what they are named for ..

Lights - at night you can actually see where you are going

They don't vibrate ... I would not like to have done the North Island 1600 on one of my old Brits ... (see lights above as well).

Acceleration .. my '63 T'bird (Meridan Triumph 650 for you kiddies) was good for 110mph (160kph) on a longish straight (not bad for it's day) .. my 650 Bandit has been to 185 kph and still in fifth gear, not on the red line ..

Cars are moving chicanes (on the old stuff they are obstacles) ...

Mate - riding back then was great - riding the modern stuff is just fucking fun ..
    this is the difference between the origionals and retros , retros have the discs , abs, modern electrics ,fuel injection and must comply to standards to be sold in export markets. would you rather be a pillion on a Bonnieville or a Pangale or any other superbike . horses for courses.
    sure my steed can do 160mph , but wont be using 100 of it . the look and sound are enough.
    to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
    I do have a purpose in life , Even if it is as a warning to others

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Honda with their Z minibikes,
    Aand this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CB1100.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	340370  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Most former owners would rather have a stab at the people who designed it.
    I was kind of expecting Fresh Oats would get all gooey over one.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bandit
    this is the difference between the origionals and retros , retros have the discs , abs, modern electrics ,fuel injection and must comply to standards to be sold in export markets. would you rather be a pillion on a Bonnieville or a Pangale or any other superbike . horses for courses.
    sure my steed can do 160mph , but wont be using 100 of it . the look and sound are enough.

Yeah ..

I'm just still in love with speed - I thought I would have slowed down by now - but no. I'm faster on the road now than I have ever been ..

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    They could make a fucking bangin' 500 with a couple WR250 top halves.

Thread Information