Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 792 of 843 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802842 ... LastLast
Results 11,866 to 11,880 of 12643

Thread: Optimistic sellers

  1. #11866
    Join Date
    22nd October 2002 - 11:00
    Bike
    2019 KTM Duke 790
    Location
    Coromandel Harbour
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Never seen mechanical antidive using a drum brake before
    I'm pretty sure I know that bike and the guy who built it - he was a project engineer at the pulp and paper mill near Tokoroa. I remember one or two people riding it and saying how impressed they were with the anti-dive and that would have been some time in the 80s. If it's the same chap who has it up for sale, he's owned it an awful long time.

  2. #11867
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Interesting ...............
    Isnt that interesting that a Xt500 with a different tank looks better than than a SR500.



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  3. #11868
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know that bike and the guy who built it - he was a project engineer at the pulp and paper mill near Tokoroa. I remember one or two people riding it and saying how impressed they were with the anti-dive and that would have been some time in the 80s. If it's the same chap who has it up for sale, he's owned it an awful long time.
    Kawasaki did a mech antidive like that but with disk brakes.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  4. #11869
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,921
    Well lots of people did, but the answer was proper shim type valving and appropriate springs all along.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  5. #11870
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,279
    Kawasaki KR500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA-1981-Kawasaki-KR500-018-640x960.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	341142  
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  6. #11871
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,845
    Cagiva 94
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cagiva antidive about 94.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	341143
    An Old MX book i have has al sorts of antidive stuff in it from the late 70's with Drum braked Mx bikes



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  7. #11872
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,479
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...13638ca8c9fe63


    8250 start bid is up there. $15k buy it now he is dreaming. Particularly since he discloses that the tank will need repainting, and the tyres replacing before its properly roadworthy.

    I do want it but not that much. I have a lot of fond memories of a mid-80's RZ350.

    Were the frames red back in the day or is that an enhancement inflicted by the current owner? If you had asked me I would have said the frames were black.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  8. #11873
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    6,879
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...13638ca8c9fe63


    8250 start bid is up there. $15k buy it now he is dreaming. Particularly since he discloses that the tank will need repainting, and the tyres replacing before its properly roadworthy.

    I do want it but not that much. I have a lot of fond memories of a mid-80's RZ350.

    Were the frames red back in the day or is that an enhancement inflicted by the current owner? If you had asked me I would have said the frames were black.
    pretty sure they were red

  9. #11874
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    pretty sure they were red
    I googled at lunchtime and we're both right. there were red and black ones.

    I also now have the horn for a 392 kitted RZ with a modern front end and 17 inch wheels. ......
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  10. #11875
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,185
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I googled at lunchtime and we're both right. there were red and black ones.

    I also now have the horn for a 392 kitted RZ with a modern front end and 17 inch wheels. ......
    So you can have almost as good a bike as a modern 600, for at least twice the money.

  11. #11876
    Join Date
    12th September 2004 - 17:40
    Bike
    06 GSX- R1000
    Location
    Horowhenua NZ
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...13638ca8c9fe63


    8250 start bid is up there. $15k buy it now he is dreaming. Particularly since he discloses that the tank will need repainting, and the tyres replacing before its properly roadworthy.

    I do want it but not that much. I have a lot of fond memories of a mid-80's RZ350.

    Were the frames red back in the day or is that an enhancement inflicted by the current owner? If you had asked me I would have said the frames were black.
    If the owner took off the 6 grand he spent on the engine it would be closer to a price. Still not enough to entice me to ride one again (had a new 250 around 83). But they were good in their day.

    You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

  12. #11877
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,921
    I had the F2 which was black frame. How did he spend 6k on recon and paint?

    I had a horn for a 496 kitted one but it's still not come to fruition despite being in the garage.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  13. #11878
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I had the F2 which was black frame. How did he spend 6k on recon and paint?

    I had a horn for a 496 kitted one but it's still not come to fruition despite being in the garage.
    I would say to rebuild a Yam twin with new bearing and seals using OEM parts and no labour it would be 2g in parts.



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  14. #11879
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I would say to rebuild a Yam twin with new bearing and seals using OEM parts and no labour it would be 2g in parts.
    About 6 years ago I rebuilt an air cooled RD350. Parts ex the US, crank by Barry Lynch incl sleeving the center for the lab seal, boring, blasting, case paint and polishing. No change out of $2G back then. Don't know who'd do the cranks now.
    I will no longer see PM's on this a/c. If you wish to PM me, use grumphv2 a/c please - and include an email address if you require a reply.
    Thanks

  15. #11880
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    About 6 years ago I rebuilt an air cooled RD350. Parts ex the US, crank by Barry Lynch incl sleeving the center for the lab seal, boring, blasting, case paint and polishing. No change out of $2G back then. Don't know who'd do the cranks now.
    I think i got the figure from you
    Did you see that bit the other day i posted about how Suzuki and Kawaski never line bored the cases mains in one operation like Yamaha did that why they wont last to long with lab seals.
    Supposedly measured in 100's of miles with the Kawkas



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •