Page 893 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 393793843883891892893894895903943993 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 16073

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post

I too would like a look round a Messerschmitt
    I had the pleasure of working with a man, many years ago, who turned up to work in one of those, changed his shoes, good pants, shirt and tie, folded them, put them in the back seat, put his work pants, his work shirt and grey dust jacket on, had a cup of tea or two and then went to work...he was 76 and our Yorkshireman bricklayer...a true artist...

...he talked with great mirth about his wartime exploits as a DUKW driver, the Invasion and him and his whole crew being about 18 hours behind the war always, because everytime the amphibious piece of shit got wet it broke and took a day to fix...he decided he would drive a kraut machine after the war ...he reckoned their shit never broke, specially when you wished they would ...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I guess I would like a gawk around a Messerschmidt. 15min poke around would likely sate my curiosity. I'm also kinda curious to try a GT550 triple which would undoubtedly be a worse motorcycle than the R65. But I couldn't justify the $8k to own one just for a bit of a giggle.
    i wanted one of those then drove one two years ago. Lethal things, no power and didn't help being pretty much invisible in traffic on a road in chch with heavy trucks was actually frightening.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That's a shame. Always thought the appropriate venue would be semi rural and in no hurry
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    That's a shame. Always thought the appropriate venue would be semi rural and in no hurry

...have goats and sheep...will travel...

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    I don't care if you've over-capitalised this old chuffer, but that just represents bad value for money.
    Gawd I don't remember those shocks looking so dorky. One of the lasses from racing had one as a run around.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...c7486545e7-002

"Spends most of her days in the house, where it should be "
    It's a motorcycle fool, not your Filipino bride you seek to subjugate.
    Check out the Q&A, I don't think I've ever seen one so openly hostile.

$17-ish K gets you quite a lot of brand-new two wheeled fun, why not buy an Enfield 650 and fit duallies for about 3/5ths the price and just go nuts?*

* if that's your thing of course

Bike
    Blog Entries
    First ride on GS was over Haywards past golf course I was beaming. But had aftermarket shocks, fork springs, headset and CBR brakes on adaptor plates.

Only thing that spoils that bike eventually was riding with others on a mission. Didn't like past 7/10ths.

Nothing 20 years of chassis development wouldn't fix I figured.
    Bought an RF900 after that. From a chick up Haywards. Kieren or something. Think she said she had bought the engine or something off you? (Spyda) Cant remember but you came up in the conversation.

Never gelled with that bike despite many kms and continuously evolving it.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Check out the Q&A, I don't think I've ever seen one so openly hostile.

$17-ish K gets you quite a lot of brand-new two wheeled fun, why not buy an Enfield 650 and fit duallies for about 3/5ths the price and just go nuts?*

* if that's your thing of course
    Ok. Actually I don't think I will. In a bit of a love all humanity buzz at the moment. No point coming down from reality. Maybe when sober.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Ok. In a bit of a love all humanity buzz at the moment.

...that passes...generally, real quick...

...reality is always there when we wake up ...

Bike
    suzuki
    First ride on GS was over Haywards past golf course I was beaming. But had aftermarket shocks, fork springs, headset and CBR brakes on adaptor plates.

Only thing that spoils that bike eventually was riding with others on a mission. Didn't like past 7/10ths.

Nothing 20 years of chassis development wouldn't fix I figured.
    Bought an RF900 after that. From a chick up Haywards. Kieren or something. Think she said she had bought the engine or something off you? (Spyda) Cant remember but you came up in the conversation.

Never gelled with that bike despite many kms and continuously evolving it.
    my spare engine went into a road racing sidecar in gisborne, left the freight depot in palmy monday, they grafted it to the bike as it was a repower and were testing at taupo on the thursday.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    So this is what I don't understand . Why aren't people chewing their arm off to buy this sort of thing at highly inflated prices? First year model. Ok not in favoured Blue/White, but still everything is there and NZ new. They always seem to be offered at this sort of money. Yet any dick with GB500 thinks that is worth more despite being a cynical parts bin special.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...6447ae2d5e-003
    I'd buy that if I had the coin spare right now but I'm committed to a project bike. BTW it's not a NZ new model.

Funny about 'chewing their arm off', I'd buy one of these because it's the exact model I lost my arm on.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 3rd May 2020 at 12:51.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...db1981c465-003

Now only TWENTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS. Last time I clocked this I think it was $22k.

bargain!

SOrry - I really should stop looking at it but it comes up in my tardme feed and its more outlandish every day.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Ducati 748R

Now only TWENTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS. Last time I clocked this I think it was $22k.

bargain!

SOrry - I really should stop looking at it but it comes up in my tardme feed and its more outlandish every day.

That thing has been there since the beginning of time, and apparently it's worth more each time its relisted? Should really post a link to this thread I think it has featured multiple times.

The description really makes them sound like an intelligent human

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by layton View Post
    That thing has been there since the beginning of time, and apparently it's worth more each time its relisted? Should really post a link to this thread I think it has featured multiple times.

The description really makes them sound like an intelligent human
    Only has it listed cos the missus is sick of it lying around. "It's worth heaps, you'll see."
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.

bargain!

I thought it was Trademe's version of groundhog day!

Either that are some programmer has hard coded it in somewhere in the system and now left. No one can find it...their own personal joke

Bike
    A

bargain!

That's epic!

Did these come out originally in this garish purple?

Thread Information