Page 895 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 395795845885893894895896897905945995 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,425 of 16018

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    nil
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    Don't mind Drew - He's like that - his meds must be wearing off or need adjusting again...

Sounds like it

Bike
    BSA A10
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Not to mention that a brand new one is identical apart from the paint & a grand cheaper.
    ) Ooh no. You should go there and mention that! Then be prepared to leave with a big dog attached to your ass!
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    ) Ooh no. You should go there and mention that! Then be prepared to leave with a big dog attached to your ass!
    Yeah, it sounds like a super fun destination.

Bike
    motocompo
    Not optimistic, but look at the q&a
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/2621281679

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Not optimistic, but look at the q&a
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/2621281679
    That would fit my NC30! though of course with such an upgraded motor I would have to be looking for some Ohlins forks, frame bracing. wider rear tyre, and new bodywork to really do it justice.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    That would fit my NC30! though of course with such an upgraded motor I would have to be looking for some Ohlins forks, frame bracing. wider rear tyre, and new bodywork to really do it justice.
    the real question should be will the VFR750 engine fit my NC30.
    Might be cheaper and all..............than perking up the old one.

http://www.400greybike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32687

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...-750-coversion
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Street Triple R
    LOL - I've read both of those threads as it happens. Personally if you want to replicate NC30 handling with a 750 motor, I think you would almost be better off doing some measurements, setting up the motor in a jig and then building a frame round it - trellis style or hack up a Cobas style twinspar - they are common enough. Do I have the mad skills to do that? No Could I afford to pay someone to do it? Maybe. Do I want to do it? Hard no.

Rick Oliver (UK NC30 guru) has a VFR750 with a lot of bling to look like an RC30 - that would be cool to do. I saw an article back in the day but cant find it now.

Bike
    husaberg
    LOL - I've read both of those threads as it happens. Personally if you want to replicate NC30 handling with a 750 motor, I think you would almost be better off doing some measurements, setting up the motor in a jig and then building a frame round it - trellis style or hack up a Cobas style twinspar - they are common enough. Do I have the mad skills to do that? No Could I afford to pay someone to do it? Maybe. Do I want to do it? Hard no.

Rick Oliver (UK NC30 guru) has a VFR750 with a lot of bling to look like an RC30 - that would be cool to do. I saw an article back in the day but cant find it now.
    Yeah i seen something about it but he used a RC30 frame so it was kind of cheating...

here is the NC30 VFR750
    only minor mods (supposedly)

http://www.400greybike.com/forum/vie...18988&start=10
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yeah i seen something about it but he used a RC30 frame so it was kind of cheating...

here is the NC30 VFR750
    only minor mods (supposedly)

http://www.400greybike.com/forum/vie...18988&start=10

Well that sent me down a rabbit hole. the consensus there seems to be they cut the VFR750 engine mounts off the 750 frame then welded them to the NC30 frame. Tight clearances (rear rocker cover, sump plug) but it worked. I actually can't imagine it being any more restricted than it already is especially round the front cylinders. But pretty far from "minor"

I actually really like this VFR800 I stumbled on - lot of bike for $5k https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...c04e593e47-001

Plus, look at that bitchin colour. Purple is my favourite colour and thats purple metalflake like some 70's long chopper. Do want.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Well that sent me down a rabbit hole. the consensus there seems to be they cut the VFR750 engine mounts off the 750 frame then welded them to the NC30 frame. Tight clearances (rear rocker cover, sump plug) but it worked. I actually can't imagine it being any more restricted than it already is especially round the front cylinders. But pretty far from "minor"

I actually really like this VFR800 I stumbled on - lot of bike for $5k https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...c04e593e47-001

Plus, look at that bitchin colour. Purple is my favourite colour and thats purple metalflake like some 70's long chopper. Do want.
    Dunno about the truck exhaust tips though
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg

Haha its not the destination its the journey that matters
    i thought of those but for some reason they made them ugo and never cashed in on the obvious connection to the RC30 with the fame.
    i was odd it wasnt as if it would have been stealing sales of the LTD edition RC.
    Maybe it eas because because the fireblade was overdue a few years by then, as the accountants and lawyers were not willing to sell it unless it was "SAFE" they never did a sport orientted version that was affordable.
    i can't see any reason why the never tided up the VFR750F into a RC looker.
    Cause the RC45 was never going to be a big seller at the price point they were selling...........
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Haha its not the destination its the journey that matters
    i thought of those but for some reason they made them ugo and never cashed in on the obvious connection to the RC30 with the fame.
    i was odd it wasnt as if it would have been stealing sales of the LTD edition RC.
    Maybe it eas because because the fireblade was overdue a few years by then, as the accountants and lawyers were not willing to sell it unless it was "SAFE" they never did a sport orientted version that was affordable.
    i can't see any reason why the never tided up the VFR750F into a RC looker.
    Cause the RC45 was never going to be a big seller at the price point they were selling...........
    I always loved the VF1000R and I nearly bought one because a super tidy one came up in my town for five grand. What put me off was the 260 kg wet weight really and it was another great big lardy thing to push about the garage. As I've gotten older I have valued light weight, nimble motorcycles (with a decent power to weight ratio) more and more.

What I should buy is one of the Aprilia V4's .....

Bike
    Yo momma

What I should buy is one of the Aprilia V4's .....
    Here those are a true bargain. It is like a 1/2 price Ducati.
    Lets go Brandon

Thread Information