Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 927 of 939 FirstFirst ... 427827877917925926927928929937 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,905 of 14083

Thread: Optimistic sellers

  1. #13891
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    7,489
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Apparently they used the Suzuki Savage engine. .
    your autocorrect changed sewage to savage...

  2. #13892
    Join Date
    15th May 2008 - 19:13
    Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I've never seen any in NZ. I've never seen any advertising for that model either. I'm guessing they were designed and built for the Japanese local market.

    And they probably didn't sell well there. And probably why they are "Rare" in Japan ... and in NZ.

    More collectable than desirable ... at the right price. I don't think $12,000 is the right price though.
    Seems the lister is misinterpreting Rare with desirable and valuable. I see it regularly and The former doesn't always mean the latter,....

  3. #13893
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,573
    Um, I crashed this and got a bit confused putting it back together

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3026089451

    Just what is 'that' appendage?
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  4. #13894
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,847
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Seems the lister is misinterpreting Rare with desirable and valuable. I see it regularly and The former doesn't always mean the latter,....
    The XJ750 D (Fuel Injected) is another "Rare" but valueless Japanese motorcycle. Yamaha's early foray's into fuel injected engines. It went ok (I owned one at one time) but they weren't that common. Or valuable dammit.

    THEY are sometimes seen on Trademe ... and being described as "Rare". Usually not in running condition.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

  5. #13895
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,847
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    your autocorrect changed sewage to savage...
    I have ridden a savage ... it must have been Suzuki's auto-correct that caused the miss-naming ... But they sold well.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

  6. #13896
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,836
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The XJ750 D (Fuel Injected) is another "Rare" but valueless Japanese motorcycle. Yamaha's early foray's into fuel injected engines. It went ok (I owned one at one time) but they weren't that common. Or valuable dammit.

    THEY are sometimes seen on Trademe ... and being described as "Rare". Usually not in running condition.
    Sometimes "rare" means barely prepared for use
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  7. #13897
    Join Date
    28th January 2015 - 16:17
    Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Location
    Lower Hutt
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Um, I crashed this and got a bit confused putting it back together

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3026089451

    Just what is 'that' appendage?
    If it's the thing over the headlight (god damn what were they thinking? Or do you get another with the bike that you can put onto your helmet?) anyway it's part of the original fairing. Goes just under the stock headlight, it's mounted the other way up and unifies the side fairings and front fairing.

    The bike looks like it's off that TV Kung-Fu show Monkey from years ago!

  8. #13898
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,573
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  9. #13899
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    3 grand rat bike (if it runs) isnt a bad value proposition. I paid 8 grand for that one I had brand spankers and sold it after 2 months for $6k. I think I worked out that the cost per km was about the same as running my McLaren 370L
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  10. #13900
    Join Date
    3rd March 2008 - 11:55
    Bike
    0094473185
    Location
    Riding the evil flatlands
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    If it's the thing over the headlight (god damn what were they thinking? Or do you get another with the bike that you can put onto your helmet?) anyway it's part of the original fairing. Goes just under the stock headlight, it's mounted the other way up and unifies the side fairings and front fairing.

    The bike looks like it's off that TV Kung-Fu show Monkey from years ago!
    I'd go with the previous assessment of it being crashed....that's probably the only bit of the fairing that was still usable, pegs have also been replaced, and to streamline the back end they've replaced the rear light with ones that stick out further than the original

    Have never heard frame out as an expression before, how do you get the rest of the bits to stay where they are while the frame's out? Current mental image of engine and forks levitating in the corner of the garage.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

    Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

  11. #13901
    Join Date
    19th August 2003 - 15:32
    Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Location
    Over there somewhere...
    Posts
    3,944
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    "Gorgeous" ???
    What a piece of crap.
    I realise that three grand isn't a lot of money these days, but can you not be bothered to clean it, take a decent pic, get a WOF or rego it before listing?

  12. #13902
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,573
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    3 grand rat bike (if it runs) isnt a bad value proposition. I paid 8 grand for that one I had brand spankers and sold it after 2 months for $6k. I think I worked out that the cost per km was about the same as running my McLaren 370L
    I had to Google that. A 370L is apparently a Westinghouse fridge.

    Turns out I actually have a similar model!
    Twins!
    Mine is lasting quite well and I like the design layout especially the wine rack and easily movable shelves.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  13. #13903
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,573
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    I'd go with the previous assessment of it being crashed....that's probably the only bit of the fairing that was still usable, pegs have also been replaced, and to streamline the back end they've replaced the rear light with ones that stick out further than the original

    Have never heard frame out as an expression before, how do you get the rest of the bits to stay where they are while the frame's out? Current mental image of engine and forks levitating in the corner of the garage.
    Ahh you've never taken a Dookaati apart before. Lifting the frame 'off' would be a better description.

    I've only watched vicariously as the happy owner went about this ritual. Bit like sex as a spectator sport.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  14. #13904
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,573
    Jeezuz! https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3023631176


    Also like the way he undervalues your favourite welder.
    Here, I've been running this sham company shopfront for 5 years mostly cash sales but never put in a tax return. Shouldn't take an accountant 15 min do do an ird return. . .
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  15. #13905
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,573
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •