Page 933 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 4338338839239319329339349359439831033 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,995 of 16061

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    But how long before it starts sinking in value? (Serious question).
    is this a motorbike forum or an investment one?
    clearly he's seen the other one, thought that's the value you of it and aimed somewhere similar.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It's just kinda interesting. I think it was you who had raised the potential curve theory many years back. We both know at least 2 locally bought as investment but by actual motorcyclists who wanted one.
    Andrew for example admitted he know nothing about the share market but knows this will go up in value. Its a pretty safe bet.
    But for how long?
    What happens when you just can't legally have them on the road? Never happen.

. . . What about in 20 years? They'd probably lock you up for starting the lawnmower.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    It's just kinda interesting. I think it was you who had raised the potential curve theory many years back. We both know at least 2 locally bought as investment but by actual motorcyclists who wanted one.
    Andrew for example admitted he know nothing about the share market but knows this will go up in value. Its a pretty safe bet.
    But for how long?
    What happens when you just can't legally have them on the road? Never happen.

. . . What about in 20 years? They'd probably lock you up for starting the lawnmower.
    i've got a houseful of bikes that could be sidelined easily, i never brought a single bike for investment potential, many times i looked at bikes that i liked but they were beyond me because of this perceived and or actual value. in saying that that's what has resurected a lot of our old bikes over time.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i've got a houseful of bikes that could be sidelined easily, i never brought a single bike for investment potential, many times i looked at bikes that i liked but they were beyond me because of this perceived and or actual value. in saying that that's what has resurected a lot of our old bikes over time.
    Longing for one's mis-spent youth has over inflated the value of many a classic.

At the time they were just a set of wheels.
    =mjc=

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I have a boner for an RD400G but now out of my reach. Maybe I'll snag one on the way back down, with the downside that I likely won't be able to start it up for lack of suitable Dino juice. Just have to sit on it and make ding ding noises until they drag me away. Vash would be proud.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    Longing for one's mis-spent youth has over inflated the value of many a classic.

At the time they were just a set of wheels.
    not really, it's the investment value of 'high end' stuff that has pulled other stuff up, and there's a few people now who've made money at an embarrasing rate who are grabbing stuff cause they can.
    wait till all the bonus bonds money pours back into society.

Bike
    suzuki
    I have a boner for an RD400G but now out of my reach. Maybe I'll snag one on the way back down, with the downside that I likely won't be able to start it up for lack of suitable Dino juice. Just have to sit on it and make ding ding noises until they drag me away. Vash would be proud.
    there's often not a 'way back down' as the people are too scared to tell their partners they weren't right in the investment has gone bad so just hold onto them till they die

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    not really, it's the investment value of 'high end' stuff that has pulled other stuff up, and there's a few people now who've made money at an embarrasing rate who are grabbing stuff cause they can.
    wait till all the bonus bonds money pours back into society.
    Shudder - buy 'em to ride 'em, or maybe 'cos they look good. The investment market type makes me want to puke...
    =mjc=

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Amazing isn't it, my last "G' came in a box at cost ! (about $1400) The deal was assemble it myself. Raced it for a year, put the road gear on and sold it.
    I preferred those deals as a sort of sponsorship cos with my job I couldn't all the meetings in a season.
    Usually had to put new pegs on tho lol .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Blog Entries
    My, now brother in law took me for a ride on his G age 13. The slightly oversize helmet pushed back on my face and I couldn't comprehend how something could accelerate so fast. I was a motorcycle guy from that moment on.

I kinda lost track of them, but the dyno room Mike Vash had his G, and an E in it. Kindled a desire to own one.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Who wants a garage full of stuffed $200 farm bikes for 4 grand?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3068826327

Bike
    Blog Entries
    My, now brother in law took me for a ride on his G age 13. The slightly oversize helmet pushed back on my face and I couldn't comprehend how something could accelerate so fast. I was a motorcycle guy from that moment on.

I kinda lost track of them, but the dyno room Mike Vash had his G, and an E in it. Kindled a desire to own one.
    And this is why I can't afford one.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3065655863

Dreadful Pictures of only 1 side, the one with missing sidecover. Avoiding rotten pipes and corroding aluminium as much as possible. It goes but don't expect that to be the full story. At min needs a light restore and pipes which are the holy grail of 70s 2 stroke restoration.

And people are in a bidding war.
    Oh well.

Bike
    husaberg
    And this is why I can't afford one.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3065655863

Dreadful Pictures of only 1 side, the one with missing sidecover. Avoiding rotten pipes and corroding aluminium as much as possible. It goes but don't expect that to be the full story. At min needs a light restore and pipes which are the holy grail of 70s 2 stroke restoration.

And people are in a bidding war.
    Oh well.
    Holy grail you say
    with the 400 i prefer the E model 400 but for the Holly grail of Yamaha road smokers i think this is it.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3064838371

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blog Entries
    The E is most coverted it seems, some want the C. G means most to me.

TDR was unpopular at original time, why wouldn't you buy the TZR? But now a strange reversal. I'd quite like one of those.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thread Information