Thread: Michelin tyre shortage

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Michelin tyre shortage

If you've tried to buy Michelin Road 5 or 6 tyres recently, you probably know that there is a shortage and some sizes are unavailable.

I have heard that it could be months before another shipment arrives, so if you might need a new Michelin soon, it could be worth buying one now.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000
    There was a post on FB about this today, someone claiming the importer was going into receivership. Of course it's FB but still.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    If you've tried to buy Michelin Road 5 or 6 tyres recently, you probably know that there is a shortage and some sizes are unavailable.
    I have heard that it could be months before another shipment arrives, so if you might need a new Michelin soon, it could be worth buying one now.
    Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Yeah , when I got my set of Road 6's a couple of months ago, the shop said that ? (Honda Palmy Nth)

In fact they could only get two sets like mine , so they grabbed both. Magic tyre by the way.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Always gotta plan/order stuff three months ahead these days for just about anything. Globsl supply chains are still trying to find their happy place. Dont forget there’s a war on in Europe so various components/compounds maybe diverted to other use
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    GSXR1000
    A quick google shows that the distributor for Michelin motorcycle tyres in NZ is Northern Accessories Ltd. Who are now in receivership. Apparently a new distributor is being arranged.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/...ompanies/87075

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    The provincial type shops might have stock, but when I was in Cycletreads (which is as close to the import source as possible) a couple of weeks ago, several Michelin tyres I wanted were completely missing, we're talking 180/55/17 and 110/80/19, pretty common sizes...

You could get 190/55 etc, but didn't suit my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information