Page 1068 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 6856896810181058106610671068
Results 16,006 to 16,020 of 16020

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Street Triple R
    OK, so I have sort of decided that I might buy another sports bike. I want "the one that got away" back in the day - Honda RC-51 VTR1000 SP1 or SP2.

I remmebered The Bike Dealer had one and checked out his website.

He does still have his lady friend draped all over bikes as his banner. He doesnt have those pix on tardme any more. Its weird and anachronistic

Just so you know. He's sold all his RC-51's too.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    That's Costas isn't it ?

As a lawyer, you're well situated to deal with him.

The rest of us, not so much.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    That's Costas isn't it ?

The guy from Christchurch? If so, no not him (I've known a couple people come away from dealing with Costas feeling the same way).

Bike
    Street Triple R
    That's Costas isn't it ?

I bought my Ducati off of Costa a year or so back (actually 18 months... time flies). It was as advertised and as inspected. It was an interesting experience though. I responded to an ad for a bike at one price, emailed him and said I will take it, and when I want to pick it up the price had increased..... Oh, and as soon as I got it I spent some money on consumables that had been tickled but should have been replaced. Whatever I was pretty flush at the time.

But I do get where you're coming from.

The guy who had the RC-51s is this guy out of Wellington I think: https://thebikedealer.co.nz/

Costa is Motorcycle Imports Direct: https://www.motorcycleimportsdirect....bikes-for-sale really the most offputting thing for me was the memes on his noticeboard comparing Jacinda to Hitler (yes, really, in public) and Radio Christian Fascists playing on an out of tune tranny* in the showroom. He had some cool old bikes too which I got the feeling were part of his collection and not really for sale given the prices - like old mate with the $40k Kawa H2.

*as in transistor radio, not,uh, the other kind.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I bought my Ducati off of Costa a year or so back (actually 18 months... time flies). It was as advertised and as inspected. It was an interesting experience though. I responded to an ad for a bike at one price, emailed him and said I will take it, and when I want to pick it up the price had increased..... Oh, and as soon as I got it I spent some money on consumables that had been tickled but should have been replaced. Whatever I was pretty flush at the time.

But I do get where you're coming from.

The guy who had the RC-51s is this guy out of Wellington I think: https://thebikedealer.co.nz/

Costa is Motorcycle Imports Direct: https://www.motorcycleimportsdirect....bikes-for-sale really the most offputting thing for me was the memes on his noticeboard comparing Jacinda to Hitler (yes, really, in public) and Radio Christian Fascists playing on an out of tune tranny* in the showroom. He had some cool old bikes too which I got the feeling were part of his collection and not really for sale given the prices - like old mate with the $40k Kawa H2.

*as in transistor radio, not,uh, the other kind.

I went to his shop when he was in St Asaph St a few years ago, the guy is a wanker.

I was looking for a Speed Triple back then and he had the bike on the floor. I asked Costa if I could sit on it. Politely, as you do. He said 'only if you want to buy it ' in a threatening tone. Costa has been a germ on the scene for a couple of decades now.

Caveat Emptor. Stay away from this guy. I walked away too, bought a bike from somewhere else.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    I went to his shop when he was in St Asaph St a few years ago, the guy is a wanker.

I was looking for a Speed Triple back then and he had the bike on the floor. I asked Costa if I could sit on it. Politely, as you do. He said 'only if you want to buy it ' in a threatening tone. Costa has been a germ on the scene for a couple of decades now.

Caveat Emptor. Stay away from this guy. I walked away too, bought a bike from somewhere else.
    Same here...asked if me and the wife could sit on a Tiger he said the same thing...we got to sit on it with the steering locked

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    He wants $90K for his other one!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Owned for 20 years (2004ish so much after any hype). . Investor trying to cash out at peak market. Which was probably a year or two ago.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    A wire wheel From Taupo.... I thought he was banned from Trade Me as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    ES XTZ
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/4628486437

"loaded with extras" Only usefull extra's are the Tank and Seat , 2016 not the best year for gearbox circlips a few broke and carnage followed they were changed for 2017 onwards. 8k tops

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post

Tommy's Yamaha used to be in that street .I remember dodgy bike dealer new brighton in 80s

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Tommy's Yamaha used to be in that street .I remember dodgy bike dealer new brighton in 80s

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    Neither Tommy's nor the two shops that have been in Brighton are in the same class as Costa. Tommy's staff would be obliging to make a sale. Yes, it would sometimes be overpriced but he was basically honest.
    Pacific Motorcycles after the shift to Manchester st became dodgy cos of one person - working I believe on commission - who pre sold bikes which did not arrive.
    Genuine sales through the shop were backed up properly.
    Darcy Watson's shop existed only as a base for the race guys operating out of it. Stu Avant would occasionally sell someone a bike. Laid back beach side shop which I'd doubt ever made money.

Costa, I've dealt with when I was in the trade in ChCh. Always wanted something for nothing. Suspicious amounts of money in hand with no apparent income stream. If there was a repair to be done it was as cheap as possible. Then tell the customer they were new parts....

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Neither Tommy's nor the two shops that have been in Brighton are in the same class as Costa. Tommy's staff would be obliging to make a sale. Yes, it would sometimes be overpriced but he was basically honest.
    Pacific Motorcycles after the shift to Manchester st became dodgy cos of one person - working I believe on commission - who pre sold bikes which did not arrive.
    Genuine sales through the shop were backed up properly.
    Darcy Watson's shop existed only as a base for the race guys operating out of it. Stu Avant would occasionally sell someone a bike. Laid back beach side shop which I'd doubt ever made money.

Costa, I've dealt with when I was in the trade in ChCh. Always wanted something for nothing. Suspicious amounts of money in hand with no apparent income stream. If there was a repair to be done it was as cheap as possible. Then tell the customer they were new parts....
    I worked as a salesman for Tommy when he had his shop at the eastern end of St Asaph St, near Fitzgerald ave. Bob M'Cleary was there too at that time. Tommys Yamaha. 1990.

Memories. Bumped into Costa a few times , not a likeable person. I'm surprised that he's still around. Then I went to Eric Wood Suzuki. That's another story.....

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/4628486437

"loaded with extras" Only usefull extra's are the Tank and Seat , 2016 not the best year for gearbox circlips a few broke and carnage followed they were changed for 2017 onwards. 8k tops
    Wot a fukn dreamer of the top notch. I've had my eye on this market recently and he is so far off the mark it's sad, not funny.
    Even the questions say as much.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information