Page 101 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 16020

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Is that all? That'sactuallyfuckall,I'vehad25yearoltwinsthatwouldrevthathigh,theRVFasdiscussedgoeswayhigher

That's a really poor showing and if you really think 13k is a worthy rpm, you need to cast down your beige idols.
    I'm making close to 200 Bhp at 13,000 RPM and can go all the way up to 300 Kph (well, if I had the testicles to get there)
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I'm making close to 200 Bhp at 13,000 RPM and can go all the way up to 300 Kph (well, if I had the testicles to get there)
    Goodness, your false prophets really have done a number on you. Power and speed are things any configuration engine can have (what are motogp bikes running again?), but they're often simply used as abstract figures (I'm guessing it very rare you do achieve any of those three things) used to sell substandard gods...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Goodness, your false prophets really have done a number on you. Power and speed are things any configuration engine can have (what are motogp bikes running again?), but they're often simply used as abstract figures (I'm guessing it very rare you do achieve any of those three things) used to sell substandard gods...
    It gives me a raging hardon and that is good enough for me....

but the reality is that every Vtwin I have ridden, I haven't enjoyed as much as I enjoyed the comparable IL4 - nothing against Vtwins, they just aren't my thing

Bike
    Bikes!
    the reality is that every Vtwin I have ridden
    Which v-twins have you ridden?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Which v-twins have you ridden?
    Vstrom 1000,
    Honda VTR250
    Hyobag thing (it was a 250)
    a 400 CC Vtwin Loan Bike (can't remember what it was)
    Oh and an 800 CC Bonneville (okay its an Inline Twin, but Potato, Potarto)

Not a huuuuuge selection granted, but enough to know that I prefer my IL4's

Bike
    Bikes!
    Vstrom 1000,
    Honda VTR250
    Ahh, makes sense now.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Ahh, makes sense now.
    If you have any I should get my leg over that I might like - I'm always keen to try and wrangle a 'test ride' from a bike shop.

I should also put that I did enjoy some of those on my list (the Vstrom and the 400cc loan bike were both very good bikes)

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    I agree. They are nice bikes. Suited to a small rider that spends time on twisty roads. Not quite big enough to compete with a larger modern bike for most riders that could spend the same money on a newer bike at the same value.
    I have won hill climbs on both a Honda NC24 (VFR400) and a Yamaha FZR1000 and I'm 6'6. I remember I did the Admiral Road hill climb at Gladstone in the days before the cliff hanger. Other riders laughed at me as I got the FZR1000 out the back of the van - they told me "You will never get out of 2nd gear". They were right if course, did not stop me beating 2nd place by over 2 seconds on a course only 30 odd seconds long haha. Mind you I had developed a unique style from blasting big bore blasters through the Akatarawas many, many times. I called the style "Controlled Crashing"

The NC24 maybe roomier than the RVF, but I never had any issues with it size wise despite my height.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It was built to go long distance into a head wind ... a "decent" gorge ride can be done. But it is hard on the rider ... more than the bike. Especially if the suspension hasn't been upgraded.

I climb on the FJ and head for Picton for coffee ... then go home (up one coast and down the other). Try THAT on a VFR400 and see how you feel at the end of it ...
    I have done numerous 1000 km rides on both big bore IL4's and a VFR400 and I did not really notice that much difference fatigue wise - but I would still choose a big bore if push comes to shove.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    RVF and NC24 are quite similar ergonomically. I'm broken and I commuted to Wellington from Greytown on an RVF infrequently without any issues. Bit stiff in the legs to move around much with my legs bent up a bit though. Need to do more squats.

I used to ride my NC24 to and from Auckland a few times a year without issue as well, but I wasn't broken then.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Vstrom 1000,
    Honda VTR250

Not a huuuuuge selection granted, but enough to know that I prefer my IL4's
    To put it into perspective, I'd rate the VTR highest on that list for v-twin riding experience. Ride some good ones SP2 is a good start... and get back to us.

What's your V4 list like?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Derestricted RGV250 VG23. There's a good V twin.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I have done numerous 1000 km rides on both big bore IL4's and a VFR400 and I did not really notice that much difference fatigue wise - but I would still choose a big bore if push comes to shove.
    I have completed 6 Chatto Creek 1000 mile rally's ... thats 1635 km's ... within 24 hours. One on an XJ750 and five on the FJ1200. My preference would be the FJ ... definitly.

If I had the fuel range ... I could easily go from Paradise to Christchurch in top gear. That includes over the Lindis pass ... and the VFR400 might struggle in top gear all the way over that pass.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    And you need some time on a GP125. At least it will sound good. Then we`ll move you up to an RZ350 and you will find they tour in comfort, but handle better than a behemoth. and sound better and have a fun power delivery but still enough midrange.
    I tour (usually) two up with the panniers full ... and a tank bag (MY space) ... an RZ350 (or the rider) might struggle to cope ...

I did hanker for an RZ350 when they came out ... but it passed ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    If I owned one, I would go to Akaroa on my RVF for a coffee....then go home with a smile pasted all over my face....try THAT on a FJ and see how how you feel at the end of it.....
    I've been in there about a half dozen times already on the FJ ... (during both night and day times) whats the issue ... ??

There are worse bits of road south of Kaikoura ... and over the Arthurs pass. Not to mention down southern Westland ... Try those places on your RVF ...

Your point is ... ???

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I tour (usually) two up with the panniers full ... and a tank bag (MY space) ... an RZ350 (or the rider) might struggle to cope ...

I did hanker for an RZ350 when they came out ... but it passed ...
    Maybe you should buy a nice sensible car. And a onesie for comfort.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information