Page 731 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 231631681721729730731732733741781831 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 16087

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I lose my shit at the tards who think a number badge on a triple clamp means anything on a Ducati.
    It's as special as a fucking repeal blade arsehole!

That Duke is different.
    I may order a number badge for my Ducati - going to go for 001, as it's my first Ducati. Instantly add $5k to the asking price.

Amazes me the low kms on many on TM, barely ridden 10-20 year old bikes.

Redbook says that 998s was $43k new.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    yeah kiwis don't, but any bike that is ex steve mcqueen is worth about 75% more than a similar one with no names.
    Not to mention his Ferrari ( or just about anything else he owned for that matter) that was sold a while back at well over the regular price.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...812-story.html

Bike
    1989ZXR400,GSX1100 & PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    I like low k's as much as anyone else but this is just silly

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...c986207afd4b63

What is the buyer supposed to do, put it into an argon purged glass case as an object'd'wank?
    I stored this bike for the first owner, he purchased it & a truck load of really trick extras, went overseas for a number of years, was in his brothers office on display for years
    I was asked to sell it, put it on ebay & had heap of interest, but fell over as with the emission laws in the US, had to be started & run, which would ruin the patina of the bike, being possibly the only brand new example in the world, has never had a battery or fuel in it
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Steve McQueen basically had his own museum and when the bikes were auctioned off most fetched good prices. It was a mistake to think that if you had a 1927 Harley it was worth what someone paid for his. That was in the mid 70s though so inflation will have corrected that now.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CX500
    It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

It is a shame though when you see a bike that's basically not a motorbike but just an expensive piece of artwork.
    My local barber, I was noticing yesterday, has a very tidy (minus the dust) BSA in his shop. Just sitting there. Not even front and center, it's in the back corner. It irks me.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Oats View Post

It is a shame though when you see a bike that's basically not a motorbike but just an expensive piece of artwork.
    My local barber, I was noticing yesterday, has a very tidy (minus the dust) BSA in his shop. Just sitting there. Not even front and center, it's in the back corner. It irks me.
    As artwork goes, it's not very expensive.
    Compared to a print from The Warehouse maybe, but not on the grand scale.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

I guess the engine oil would mix in with the beard oil on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    As artwork goes, it's not very expensive.
    Compared to a print from The Warehouse maybe, but not on the grand scale.
    Pretty much, I have a piece of art work on my wall which was a few grand when we bought it, it's lovely and takes up a fuck tonne less space than a Ducati would. Maybe one day it may be worth similar money to the Ducati? Maybe one day it will get thrown out when we die... I don't really care as I like it so it's staying on that wall.
    I'd think long term buying normal art would be a better investment though, takes up less room and has the chance of blowing up in value if the artist gets shot or whatever.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500

That guy is a pretentious dick.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I'm not a huge fan of the Testastretta engine, I prefer my old Desmoquattro, and I prefer the fairings on the 916/996 compared to the 998. That said, if I had $30k, I'd be all over that FE. I reckon it'd be a great investment, especially with only "2" kms on it.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    That guy is a pretentious dick.
    He does oil beards for a living...
    Bet he owns a Vespa.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Steve McQueen basically had his own museum and when the bikes were auctioned off most fetched good prices. It was a mistake to think that if you had a 1927 Harley it was worth what someone paid for his. That was in the mid 70s though so inflation will have corrected that now.
    mcqueen bikes are still fetching often 80% more then similar....., that auction work the whole world up to motorcycles as investments quite simply....

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the Testastretta engine, I prefer my old Desmoquattro, and I prefer the fairings on the 916/996 compared to the 998. That said, if I had $30k, I'd be all over that FE. I reckon it'd be a great investment, especially with only "2" kms on it.
    Yeah, the better power spread sucks.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I lose my shit at the tards who think a number badge on a triple clamp means anything on a Ducati.
    It's as special as a fucking repeal blade arsehole!

That Duke is different.

I love the look of the 916s - and Dukes do sound awesome ..

But no - I doubt I will ever get one.
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I reckon it'd be a great investment, especially with only "2" kms on it.
    Fuck that

Bikes are made to be ridden...
    =mjc=

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    Fuck that

Bikes are made to be ridden...
    Yes.

I know someone with a Yamaha TZ750 (I think? top end two-stroke racebike) which was assembled from individual parts and display cased. It's never been started. In fact I don't think it's even been turned over. They love it but my reaction is just ?????? Why? Completely mystified.

Yeah I know, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, it's their money etc etc... in my world $30-ish K for a bike which basically can't be used is $30-ish K that could have gone on bikes which can. And tyres. And gas, and food on the road, and nice places to stay, and good gear to ride in... it's summer... want to get out and play.

Thread Information