Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 728 of 732 FirstFirst ... 228628678718726727728729730 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 10980

Thread: Optimistic sellers

  1. #10906
    Join Date
    17th June 2010 - 16:44
    Bike
    bandit
    Location
    Bay of Plenty
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by babysteps View Post
    It's nice - but half the price nice ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

  2. #10907
    Join Date
    29th October 2018 - 14:08
    Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSXR600
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    6
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1823612166

    So I went and had a look at this this afternoon. Long story short, avoid any bike this POS advertises.

    He wasn't there when I looked, his mrs showed me the bike and said to call him with any questions. The bike has clearly been dropped on it's right side - has damage to swing arm and a shit cover up on the frame, new brake lever (didn't replace the clutch to match..), DIY reservoir bracket, new bar ends etc. The mrs stated old mate 'does fairings on bikes' and had put the fairings on this one but wouldn't/couldn't say much more.

    So I phoned him up to ask. Didn't answer. He rings back once I've left. I asked if it's been dropped and he gives a wishy washy answer and mentions the fairings look like it may have been. 'Well your mrs just said you put the fairings on this bike'. 'Ohh ummmmm yeah actualy I did.... he says.' I gave him a mouthful and hung up.

    I'm near positive I've seen similar bikes on TM from this guy, so buyer beware..

  3. #10908
    Join Date
    3rd March 2008 - 11:55
    Bike
    0094473185
    Location
    Riding the evil flatlands
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Symahn View Post
    I'm near positive I've seen similar bikes on TM from this guy, so buyer beware..
    Same guy is also trying to sell a GN125 for $3k, it's already been pointed out in the Q&A that brand new is $2495+ORC.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

    Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

  4. #10909
    Join Date
    16th July 2018 - 02:38
    Bike
    1991, Yamaha, SRV250
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Symahn View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1823612166

    So I went and had a look at this this afternoon. Long story short, avoid any bike this POS advertises.

    He wasn't there when I looked, his mrs showed me the bike and said to call him with any questions. The bike has clearly been dropped on it's right side - has damage to swing arm and a shit cover up on the frame, new brake lever (didn't replace the clutch to match..), DIY reservoir bracket, new bar ends etc. The mrs stated old mate 'does fairings on bikes' and had put the fairings on this one but wouldn't/couldn't say much more.

    So I phoned him up to ask. Didn't answer. He rings back once I've left. I asked if it's been dropped and he gives a wishy washy answer and mentions the fairings look like it may have been. 'Well your mrs just said you put the fairings on this bike'. 'Ohh ummmmm yeah actualy I did.... he says.' I gave him a mouthful and hung up.

    I'm near positive I've seen similar bikes on TM from this guy, so buyer beware..
    Is it illegal to not disclose that sort of information?

    I'd suggest putting your 'question' on the new listing when he relists it too.

  5. #10910
    Join Date
    29th October 2018 - 14:08
    Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSXR600
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Oats View Post
    Is it illegal to not disclose that sort of information?

    I'd suggest putting your 'question' on the new listing when he relists it too.
    I'm not sure how it works being a private sale. You'd think there might be some sort of obligation to be honest though.

    Oh yeah I'm keeping an eye out for sure.

  6. #10911
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,570
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Oats View Post
    Is it illegal to not disclose that sort of information?
    Buyer beware on used goods off TM private sellers.

    A licensed dealer has all types of legalities to comply with.

  7. #10912
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,082
    I would say that unless they say "Never been dropped" in their title they don't have to mention it.
    This is why we need to check out bikes as thoroughly as possibly before purchasing. Sounds like you did that and have found it to have some questionable repairs, though a few scratches on the swing arm and a different lever aren't exactly uncommon on a motorcycle.

    Did you lowball him? I would have lol. Hate it when pricks try to lie.

  8. #10913
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,570
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

    Did you lowball him? I would have lol. Hate it when pricks try to lie.

    I was talking to a motorcycle delivery person months back by chance. He said it is always interesting watching peoples faces when he unloads their purchase - some rides are immaculate, some rubbish.

  9. #10914
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,038
    Rrrrrrrrriiiiight. This is a 19 year old bike, that wasn't anything special when it was new. What the fuck am I missing here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181110-073017_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	411.2 KB 
ID:	339431  
    Polemic....look it up

  10. #10915
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Rrrrrrrrriiiiight. This is a 19 year old bike, that wasn't anything special when it was new. What the fuck am I missing here?
    An attachment I can enlarge?

  11. #10916
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    8,900
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    An attachment I can enlarge?
    Click on it three times


    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  12. #10917
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,195
    Not a bike, but look what that car I sold you is worth now Drew.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...59250a42a10459
    I assume you still have Doug for four?

  13. #10918
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,219
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Not a bike, but look what that car I sold you is worth now Drew.
    "This car looks like it just rolled out of the factory."

    They don't roll out of the factory with headlights like that. (OK, I polished mine and now I'm a headlight snob.)
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  14. #10919
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,168
    I've got this thing for two door E30's. Ever since watching the Wellington Street race all those years ago when they dusted all the taxis. Good times - Walkinshaw Jags and the Bimmers and so forth.
    6 grand for 2 grands worth of fun. - F5 Dave

  15. #10920
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I've got this thing for two door E30's. Ever since watching the Wellington Street race all those years ago when they dusted all the taxis. Good times - Walkinshaw Jags and the Bimmers and so forth.
    When John Sax put Tony Longhurst into the wall?
    I visited Sax's E30 M3 in a paddock at a Kiwifruit orchard near Tauranga, in a bit of a sad state a few years ago.
    Still in Blue Star office products livery.
    It was a proper group A touring car version.
    I had number of serious attempts to buy it off him as it was, but was never successful.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. bmwilly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •