Page 659 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 16077

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    32 posts in 4 years here? Knocking them out.

350LC listed as bike yet Avatar looks like a K. You must be English.
    (Just wanted to use the Sherlock emoji).
    No shit Sherlock

You might have to wait a year or two for your answer

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    All seems quite realistic but who knows and you won't really know how good it is until it's used as this one has been stored not raced. I mean it's an old competition bike running on hard to get parts. I mean it's an old competition bike running on hard to get parts
    pity they don' make decent 18" slicks, or skinny 17s for that matter.
    sounds cool malcy

I wanted to buy a mates Rotax 256, but the ally frame is an 83or 84. The wheels are too small for available slicks. The ones on it were Yokohama, so hard as. We have little Bears stuff here in NI. And I could barely start it by myself. Easily done with a pusher.
    Rollers weren' that common so I decided to pass.

If I was 20 years younger and moving to chch it would be the go.
    "I mean it's an old competition bike running on hard to get parts" Everything is easily available for the Motor. Cranks, rod kits, big ends, pistons, clutch plates, gearbox gears, shafts, cylinders, seals, gaskets, heads, primary drive gears, clutch baskets. All mostly aftermarket and better than new OEM.

"won't really know how good it is until it's used" Won;t really kinow how good it is UNTIL YOU TAKE IT APART. I wouldn't bother trying to run it until it was rebuilt. Running it now it is guaranteed to do a crank. If it has been sitting for a long time, the rollers will eventually mark the big end pins. Save yourself the issue and do the crank and then at least you know. Reality is also that as a bike, this has probably had the LEAST wear of most used TZ's in the country as it just hasn't done the miles say mine has.

"What are the cases like" Err, just like air cooled RD cases with some more machining. If they are buggered , easy to fix, but mine have seen 30+ years use.....

"do you have to shell out for a nova box or attempt a shaft conversion to suit another". TZ gears are easy to get. Why would you need to replace the whole box? 2 or 3 makers off theh top of my head make replacement gears and plenty of stuff on ebay too. Hell, I have alternative ratio 1st, 2nd and top in mine!

"pity they don' make decent 18" slicks, or skinny 17s for that matter." What do you need slicks for? The current Avon AM22/23 race treaded 18's are better than all the period slicks were *(the Avons are really good), AND they work in the wet. 17's would fuck it up anyway.

Just seems like you are trying to talk yourself out of it....

Rollers. A dangerous thing.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    "I mean it's an old competition bike running on hard to get parts" Everything is easily available for the Motor. Cranks, rod kits, big ends, pistons, clutch plates, gearbox gears, shafts, cylinders, seals, gaskets, heads, primary drive gears, clutch baskets. All mostly aftermarket and better than new OEM.

"won't really know how good it is until it's used" Won;t really kinow how good it is UNTIL YOU TAKE IT APART. I wouldn't bother trying to run it until it was rebuilt. Running it now it is guaranteed to do a crank. If it has been sitting for a long time, the rollers will eventually mark the big end pins. Save yourself the issue and do the crank and then at least you know. Reality is also that as a bike, this has probably had the LEAST wear of most used TZ's in the country as it just hasn't done the miles say mine has.

"What are the cases like" Err, just like air cooled RD cases with some more machining. If they are buggered , easy to fix, but mine have seen 30+ years use.....

"do you have to shell out for a nova box or attempt a shaft conversion to suit another". TZ gears are easy to get. Why would you need to replace the whole box? 2 or 3 makers off theh top of my head make replacement gears and plenty of stuff on ebay too. Hell, I have alternative ratio 1st, 2nd and top in mine!

"pity they don' make decent 18" slicks, or skinny 17s for that matter." What do you need slicks for? The current Avon AM22/23 race treaded 18's are better than all the period slicks were *(the Avons are really good), AND they work in the wet. 17's would fuck it up anyway.

Just seems like you are trying to talk yourself out of it....

Rollers. A dangerous thing.
    Alistair do you think it is good value at $16k?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The Blue McIntosh TZ? Hasn't been ridden or raced since the early 90's.
    Guess it's not that bike then.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Alistair do you think it is good value at $16k?
    It has sold. I dropped a note to the owner over the weekend to see what sort of response he'd had and he said it had been paid for and collected!

I know the new owner.

Expect to spend 6-8k for a ground up rebuild assuming you farm out painting, crank testing and crank rebuild. And fit, new master cylinders, pads, seal kits, wheel bearings, tyres, tubes, pistons etc and possibly new ignition.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Guess it's not that bike then.
    nah, but your welding up of a TZ pipe is not unexpected and doesn't surprise me if you did one. Some of them are getting pretty old and fragile.

We've removed our original pipes (or what has remained of them) and fitted new aftermarket stuff a few years ago. One of our bikes (my brother's) became a little fragile in this space along the way and I could see that mine were going to go that way. 40 years of vibration, crashes etc , plus prior repairs take their toll.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you have a good handle on keeping them totally viable.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Yo momma
    It has sold. I dropped a note to the owner over the weekend to see what sort of response he'd had and he said it had been paid for and collected!

I know the new owner.

Expect to spend 6-8k for a ground up rebuild assuming you farm out painting, crank testing and crank rebuild. And fit, new master cylinders, pads, seal kits, wheel bearings, tyres, tubes, pistons etc and possibly new ignition.
    I think it was a good investment.
    At that money I was considering taking a run at it but too late now.

Bike
    Sounds like you have a good handle on keeping them totally viable.
    20+ years hands on, on 5 different 350's, 5 different 750's though our own garage, plus helping many owners around NZ and overseas, working with other really long term owners and fast as buggery riders, who I've learnt from myself, raced another 2 in Europe.

I've broken or buggered or seen broken just about anything you can break!

I'm now at that point I'm starting to forget the stuff that I have learned. I go back and read some of my old emails from ages ago and go "oh, that's right" .

Funny thing is that the Postie racing has been going so long now that many of us who race them now, have done far more miles on them than the original riders did "in the day"

It's also handy that there are so many in use world wide, that for example, production of replacement parts is so viable that piston manufacturers have redesigned the original piston and these are better than OEM and readily available and they have added 56mm pistons for the power valve, piston port 250's from 198 and are working on the 54mm250 cc pistons from pre 1980 and TZ750 ones as well.

Don't ask me to tell you the tooth count of the gearbox gears though, I'm not that bad!

The funniest thing is that I "retired" from racing in 1993 at 27 years old and bought a TZ in 1997 for a bit of casual fun. It sort of has a mind of it's own now...so much so my wife reckons I should have an 0900 TZHELP phone number...

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    I think Suzuki took the whole "retro resurgence" thing a bit too far....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b770a52392e37c

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    I think Suzuki tppk the whole "retro resurgence" thing a bit too far....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b770a52392e37c
    Not really sure what they are selling there

The bike says………

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So what I don' understand is this dork has had these on tm since last year, but if it' not working maybe you should try something else. Just maybe?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...21f7f3069f2bce

I'll start with the obvious. Someone might be sick enough to want a Bantam, but he is trying to find someone who wants two. I want to sell two bikes so I'll save time.

Smeghead. Start another auction, reduce the price by half (& by another larger denominator thereafter). And maybe, I mean if you can be slightly arsed, might you consider it might be more attractive with the bird crap wiped off it?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Not really sure what they are selling there

The bike says………
    I feel sure there is a nagging partner behind this advert and he really doesn't want to sell them

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Is the buy now price to cover the listing fees he's incurred over the last few years from listing this thing every two weeks?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b6a4d998d1f539

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I'm 99% sure it's a typo' but with all the other bollocks on TardMe, you never can be too sure..

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...7e19a378cbc7e0

Before it gets taken down/corrected..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	431.4 KB 
ID:	337345
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Thread Information