Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Burt Munro Accommodation - any left?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    24th September 2008 - 01:32
    Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    3,627

    Burt Munro Accommodation - any left?

    someone posted a while ago about having accommodation available to share for the Burt.

    if that was you, I might know a bloke who's piss-poor at forward planning, and is in need of a place to rest his head for the burt

    so flick me a PM if it's still on offer,

    cheers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    2nd August 2008 - 08:57
    Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Location
    Morrinsville
    Posts
    2,414
    Surely you only need a cheap tent, inflatable mattress and a sleeping bag?
    I know I bring more, but the basic gear for that time of year is pretty cheap and easy to carry

    In my case it is more like hammock, hammock stand, tarp extensions for the hammock stand, tarp, underquilt, top quilt, pillow. poles for putting up tarp in porch mode and a whole bunch of other stuff. I do spend ~23 nights without sleeping indoors though (I do the Woodstock rally, Bike Week at Bannockburn, Vincent County rally and then the Burt Munro). At the end of it all is 3 days riding to get home to the Waikato.

    For a visual, from the 2020 Burt Munro:

    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    24th September 2008 - 01:32
    Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    3,627
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Surely you only need a cheap tent, inflatable mattress and a sleeping bag?
    I know I bring more, but the basic gear for that time of year is pretty cheap and easy to carry

    In my case it is more like hammock, hammock stand, tarp extensions for the hammock stand, tarp, underquilt, top quilt, pillow. poles for putting up tarp in porch mode and a whole bunch of other stuff. I do spend ~23 nights without sleeping indoors though (I do the Woodstock rally, Bike Week at Bannockburn, Vincent County rally and then the Burt Munro). At the end of it all is 3 days riding to get home to the Waikato.

    For a visual, from the 2020 Burt Munro:
    thats a good setup.
    Ill be competing as well so be carrying a bit more stuff

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2nd August 2008 - 08:57
    Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Location
    Morrinsville
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    thats a good setup.
    Ill be competing as well so be carrying a bit more stuff
    I do like to be comfortable. My bike does end up looking like a pack-mule though.

    What are you competing in? Hopefully I'll get some good photos of you having fun.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    24th September 2008 - 01:32
    Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    3,627
    depends on accommodation!

    I think the missus is working on something.

    Ideally Ill have a nudge at everything except maybe the street races and beach races

  6. #6
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    someone posted a while ago about having accommodation available to share for the Burt.

    if that was you, I might know a bloke who's piss-poor at forward planning, and is in need of a place to rest his head for the burt

    so flick me a PM if it's still on offer,

    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by my-bonaventure View Post
    Hi there people travelling to the deep south for the Burt Munro Rally. Anyone needing accomodation and a place to safely park there bike pm me or flick me a call or a message as I have beds and space available for fellow kb'ers close to Invercargill city

    Karen


    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130629890
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •