Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 811 of 812 FirstFirst ... 311711761801809810811812 LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 12173

Thread: Optimistic sellers

  1. #12151
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    4,818
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I nearly put one of these in the joke thread.
    24 HP or 128 HP for the same money.
    Childrens stuff is so expensive these days.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2175477746
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2174872403

    Everything that needed to be said abouit the bucket has been - but the 1100 is a potential can of worms.
    The 6 speed box caught ny eye, Been there, broken that, fixed that so it worked, went back to 5 speed...
    You don't need a 6 speed in a GSXR1100. Take Holden's word for it.
    In the immortal words of Scotty...."It'll ney take it, Captain"
    Reason is a tool - remember where you left it..... The late, great, John Clarke

  2. #12152
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    9,075
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    You don't need a 6 speed in a GSXR1100. Take Holden's word for it.
    Agree 100%

    And you really don't need a six speed on a friggen Harley.

    Trends are not always good.


    So the question is - why has the world stopped at six gears? Regulated by racing?

  3. #12153
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    4,818
    Basically, yes.

    But I'd argue that you may need a 6 speed on a tuned Harley...

    According to Jerry Branch's pamphlet on tuning the Evo, the hot ones start making serious power from about 2500rpm - and it's all over at 5800rpm....

    That's a pretty narrow powerband.
    Reason is a tool - remember where you left it..... The late, great, John Clarke

  4. #12154
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,703
    I did wonder about an early Mito gearbox for my 50. Bucket rules would allow 7 if it were road based.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  5. #12155
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,644
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I did wonder about an early Mito gearbox for my 50. Bucket rules would allow 7 if it were road based.
    A sachs mx bike had a seven speed as well. On both the 125 and 250's
    you could run 12 if you want of on a bucket.



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  6. #12156
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,703
    And the Sachs; does it use an mx gearbox? Oh look! That is actually excluded by the rules.

    Didn't know about it though.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  7. #12157
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,644
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    And the Sachs; does it use an mx gearbox? Oh look! That is actually excluded by the rules.

    Didn't know about it though.
    The AMA had different rules than the FIM for mx. The ama only had to use the same amount of gears as the homolgated bike.

    But yes its an MX bike and i think an enduro as well, but not a trail bike.



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  8. #12158
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,567
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    A sachs mx bike had a seven speed as well. On both the 125 and 250's
    you could run 12 if you want of on a bucket.
    Kreidler used to race 50s with 12 speeds: four speed foot change and a three position grip IIRC.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  9. #12159
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,644
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Kreidler used to race 50s with 12 speeds: four speed foot change and a three position grip IIRC.
    Suzuki were up to 18 sppeds but them the FIM brought in the rules in about 1968 limiting the classes to 6 speeds 4 cylinders for 500's and 350's twins for 250's and 125's and singles for 50's.

    This was later changed to up to 4 for 500 2 for 250 one for 125 and 50/80 in arround the early 80's. all with max 6 speeds.
    I have posted pics of the 12 speeds and accounts by Hugh Anderson of the Suzukis
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130412381
    Frits
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130196393
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130196393
    Suzuki
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130374843
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130412381
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130128384

    Wooley used this kart od box to double the speeds
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130910999

    They needed that many gears as the powerbands were less than 500RPM wide



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  10. #12160
    Join Date
    12th February 2004 - 10:29
    Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Location
    Henderson, Waitakere
    Posts
    3,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    But I'd argue that you may need a 6 speed on a tuned Harley...

    According to Jerry Branch's pamphlet on tuning the Evo, the hot ones start making serious power from about 2500rpm - and it's all over at 5800rpm....

    That's a pretty narrow powerband.
    Not really. It's exactly the same as a GSX1100 with power from 4500rpm to 9500rpm.

    Say you had the Harley geared for 80km/h at 2500rpm it would pull 160km/h at 5000rpm with 800rpm still to go. Seems like a decent spread to me.

  11. #12161
    Join Date
    20th December 2013 - 23:56
    Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Location
    Auckland, Waitakare
    Posts
    365
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...102732131f-003

    "Couple of little indents on either side of the tank"

    "Needs new tires"

    "Original MC was leaking so just replaced it with a nissin one"

    "Engine had to be replaced due to fault with the last chain tensioner"

    All for a "low" $12000......

  12. #12162
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,398
    I'd like one of these as a trackday toy.... but not that one.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  13. #12163
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    9,075
    Blog Entries
    8
    It appears to have a left side crankcase slider.

  14. #12164
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,703
    That one looks ideal. Suspension is a plus. Engine got lunched by tensioner but low mileage replacement.
    Bit expensive yeah but. . .
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  15. #12165
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...102732131f-003

    "Couple of little indents on either side of the tank"

    "Needs new tires"

    "Original MC was leaking so just replaced it with a nissin one"

    "Engine had to be replaced due to fault with the last chain tensioner"

    All for a "low" $12000......
    Was a race bike obviously....

    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    That one looks ideal. Suspension is a plus. Engine got lunched by tensioner but low mileage replacement.
    Bit expensive yeah but. . .
    But I cobbled this piece of shit together to try and sell.



    Didn't look at who is selling it, but sounds like the bike Rogan Chandler spent some time trying to destroy.
    Polemic....look it up

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •