Thread: Goldwing Grenade alert

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Goldwing Grenade alert

This came up in feed, interesting two seperate issues, later one fuel pump is the actual recall although the loose bolt one sounds worse.
    Met two Goldwings carving up South Island canyon last year on holiday coming other way, scary to think they were possible bunker buster demolition jobs coming at us….
    I know every bike has its issues posting for owners to be aware

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    This came up in feed, interesting two seperate issues, later one fuel pump is the actual recall although the loose bolt one sounds worse.
    Met two Goldwings carving up South Island canyon last year on holiday coming other way, scary to think they were possible bunker buster demolition jobs coming at us….
    I know every bike has its issues posting for owners to be aware
    There video on bmw s1000 rr
    Doing con rod bearing at 400 miles .bmw north America refused to replace the engine .

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    There video on bmw s1000 rr
    Doing con rod bearing at 400 miles .bmw north America refused to replace the engine .

The motomillion job? Watched that yesterday couple of red flags in there.
    Horrendous rattle at 9 miles!!!!
    Admits from there on bike never sounded right.
    Did first service themselves as they don’t like local agent.
    Did 400mes all up then thrashed it to redline on a dyno which is never same as real road load/cooling etc.
    Continues running bike after snorting run to listen to noise (damage).

There’s another guy with Hayabuda that drops a valve at 300k on clock from new who takes it on the chin as he’s using it for drag racing. He caught damage quick though and has ability to do all repair upgrades himself

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I did wonder about that seems bit mad put on Dyno
    At 400 miles .

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Yeah, you have to be nice to BMWs.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I believe everything on the interweb. Did you know there's no way ancient civilisations built the pyramids without help?
    I think it's a Scooby-Doo mystery.

Or
    B. J. and the Bear (stylized as B.J. and the Bear) was an American action comedy television series which aired on NBC from February 10, 1979, to May 9, 1981. Created by Glen A. Larson and Christopher Crowe, the series starred Greg Evigan. The series was produced when the CB radio and trucking craze had peaked in the United States, following the 1974–1976 television series Movin' On, the number one song "Convoy" (1975) by C. W. McCall, as well as the films White Line Fever (1975), Smokey and the Bandit (1977), Convoy (1978), and Every Which Way but Loose (1978).

Honk honk. Toot toot.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Not forgetting they removed the break-in rev limiter themselves too. Whether that had anything to do with the failure really is irrelevant, that action alone probably voids any claim.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It would seem that when buying a new bike as first owner there is an element of luck. There is a clip on YouTube, I've looked this morning but can't find it, a guy bought a new Harley M8. He thought it ran hot among other things, the dealer fobbed him off by telling him they're all like that. Over time he compared his M8 to others and came to realise his was not normal. Eventually he took it to another shop who stripped the engine completely and filmed it. He was fortunate, he had paid for the extended warranty.

The strip down revealed all the oil passages were jammed full of swarf. The cases had not been cleaned after machining. Nice one Harley.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information