Page 704 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706714754804 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 16020

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    . . .
    Trouble is the valves could/would touch the pistons . . . .
    That's Desmodronic but from the other side and without all that complex rockers and shimming. Clever use of parts that do more than one task.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    That's Desmodronic but from the other side and without all that complex rockers and shimming. Clever use of parts that do more than one task.
    GoogleBerg should be along any minute with a cut and past series of quotes on how that works

Actually Desmo's are only complicated for people who can't use tools and measuring equipment.

I've done my bevel a couple of times and a aircooled 900 once, not interested in liquid cooled 4 valve complexity.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

Actually Desmo's are only complicated for people who can't use tools and measuring equipment.

I've done my bevel a couple of times and a aircooled 900 once, not interested in liquid cooled 4 valve complexity.
    Which is it. Too complex for useless cunts, or too complex once decent flow is achieved?

They're needlessly difficult. Its surprising to me that it isnt Honda designed, given their penchant for over complicating....evrything

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I personally find Ducati servicing and internals to be a lot more straight forward than a lot of people who have never owned or worked on one have told me.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Clever design should achieve the design requirements without needless complications and expense.
    My ideal requirements are Small light and powerful.
    Maybe all that valve malarkey can be dispensed with entirely and replaced with some cleverly positioned holes in the cylinder and suitable tuned resonance extraction system.
    Think how much lighter that would be. Next thing is to question is why all the stuffing around waiting for the power Cycle every 4th stroke?

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That swingarm is factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Yip, looks absolutely standard, like every other Scorpio, with a loooooong chain
    What factory? Massey Ferguson?

Nah he's right, just silly seat and chunky wheels make it look over long.

Check out this pack of nice

https://bikebrewers.com/yamaha-scorpio-scrambler/
    Yeah ok ... sellar says otherwise ...

the extended swing arm with a bigger back tyre,

Just a muppet then ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Clever design should achieve the design requirements without needless complications and expense.
    My ideal requirements are Small light and powerful.
    Maybe all that valve malarkey can be dispensed with entirely and replaced with some cleverly positioned holes in the cylinder and suitable tuned resonance extraction system.
    Think how much lighter that would be. Next thing is to question is why all the stuffing around waiting for the power Cycle every 4th stroke?
    perfectly said. I say that to all my mates who like "false" (eg four) strokes and why do they need all that clutter and extra parts and still way off on the power production per cc. They try to deflect with either:

confuse the issue with power bands which is pointless as I'm usually making similar torque values with 60% or less of their capacity, and they separate the men from the boys anyway.....
    They then hit me with "but there's no engine braking". So I ask them so why do most modern bikes have slipper clutches......

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    perfectly said. I say that to all my mates who like "false" (eg four) strokes and why do they need all that clutter and extra parts and still way off on the power production per cc. They try to deflect with either:

confuse the issue with power bands which is pointless as I'm usually making similar torque values with 60% or less of their capacity, and they separate the men from the boys anyway.....
    They then hit me with "but there's no engine braking". So I ask them so why do most modern bikes have slipper clutches......
    I'd like efficient through a large percentage of rev range. Burning as much of the introduced mixture as practicable.

N/A two strokes are a dead tech. End of fucking story.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I personally find Ducati servicing and internals to be a lot more straight forward than a lot of people who have never owned or worked on one have told me.
    My 2015 has standard service intervals at 12,000 or annually - price no different to any other motorcycle I've owned. Usual stuff - oil/filters and too much oil applied to the chain!

Valve gear and belts at 24,000 or five years (belts). Going by indicated price it's about the price of the belts only more than the valve check on my old Honda Hornet at the same kms.

The newer Ducati engines have 15,000/30,000 intervals.

It will only get better and better with access to the VW Groups technology.

Tell you what though I'd not be keen on funding the valve servicing on the new V4.....

Do Suzuki NZ still mandate 6k servicing intervals?

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Yeah... it's all the ongoing repairs between the servicing that wears you down. Shuddering brake discs? Oh, they all do that! Reluctance to start, esp in winter? Welcome to the brotherhood, here is a red white and green t shirt!
    DAMHIK, but fun to ride and with an irresistable growl? You bet!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Shuddering brake discs? Oh, they all do that! Reluctance to start, esp in winter? Welcome to the brotherhood, here is a red white and green t shirt!
    DAMHIK, but fun to ride and with an irresistable growl? You bet!
    Turn over to start is fixed by decent sized cables apparently. Fucked if I know why the factory don't just upsize the cables - Jesus XXX thousand bikes at a extra 75c each or something.
    There is a crowd in the UK doing upgrade cable kits.
    That was one of the oddities I found after years of Jap bikes - I had a Honda Hornet 900 for eight years that I swear from cold fired up instantly on half depression of the starter switch. Hot you just had to tell it - "Honda start' and it ran. Ducati from cold - I can picture the crank doing a revolution and a half then it makes loud noises.
    No issues with the Brembo disks yet ..... I probably don't ride hard enough. I notice they are thinner from standard than the Honda ones - obsession with making things lighter?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    . . . . End of fucking story.
    Only to a closed mind.
    My dirt bike has a better spread of power than a mates WR450. People always think of small engines and say all 2 strokes are peaky. Bullshit.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Turn over to start is fixed by decent sized cables apparently. Fucked if I know why the factory don't just upsize the cables - Jesus XXX thousand bikes at a extra 75c each or something.
    There is a crowd in the UK doing upgrade cable kits.
    That was one of the oddities I found after years of Jap bikes - I had a Honda Hornet 900 for eight years that I swear from cold fired up instantly on half depression of the starter switch. Hot you just had to tell it - "Honda start' and it ran. Ducati from cold - I can picture the crank doing a revolution and a half then it makes loud noises.
    No issues with the Brembo disks yet ..... I probably don't ride hard enough. I notice they are thinner from standard than the Honda ones - obsession with making things lighter?
    Actually...thanks for that, I have ordered a kit for my frustratingly shit-starting bike!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    suzuki
    i had a darmah, bevel drive duke, time consuming to shim the closing rocker, i don't know why they just didn't have an ecentric pin through it that could be rotated to provide endles quick adjustment.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i had a darmah, bevel drive duke, time consuming to shim the closing rocker, i don't know why they just didn't have an ecentric pin through it that could be rotated to provide endles quick adjustment.
    You mean like a 1960's BSA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information