Page 805 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 305705755795803804805806807815855905 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 16020

Thread: Optimistic sellers

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Pink Floyd would like a word.
    Oh don't get me wrong, that 60's England (well, specifically London) scene in the 60's was happening. I don't follow it but I have read about it principally in stuff to do with DAvid Bowie, who basically spent the whole of the 60's on the back foot trying different stuff till he finally broke big as a one hit wonder in 68 with Space Oddity... then had to wait five years for the next (Ziggy Stardust). And yes, that prog scene, of which Pink Floyd were part was very interesting and new. It seems dated and lame now but it was truly groundbreaking at the time.

My personal preference from that era is the US underground out of New York - and the East Coast (Stooges, MC5 etc) but what I am really into is the Velvet Underground. Kinda sorta cut from the same cloth (bit proggy - 20 minute live version of Sister Ray anyone?) but well into the brutal slice of life ("Heroin" anyone? "waiting for the Man"?) not your hearts and flowers and stuff.

The thing is we all think music peaked when we were age 14 to 25. What came before is boring old shit, what came after is just fucking noise.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Popular music changes more often than my knickers do.
    Yeah but a once every ten year thing isn't something to be excited by.

I've never seen that photo of Paul Simonon without the LONDON CALLING on it. Its great.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    "chords" - just sayin'
    Chairs............
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    The thing is we all think music peaked when we were age 14 to 25. What came before is boring old shit, what came after is just fucking noise.
    Not entirely true.

I am very much liking digging around 90's indie music at present, which is well out of my age range and usual area of interest, not to mention the occasional gem that my kids (who's music taste I've mostly polluted) turn up with. Then again, I'll listen to pretty much anything once, and a lot of new fringe music I'm quite happy to go back for another look.

Pop music (and yes, that very much includes early beatles) is shit, has always been shit, will likely always be shit.

Of course, I still have my default, and they've made me a whole radio station.....https://thegarage961.co.nz/
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Exercycle
    My personal preference from that era is the US underground out of New York - and the East Coast (Stooges, MC5 etc) but what I am really into is the Velvet Underground. Kinda sorta cut from the same cloth (bit proggy - 20 minute live version of Sister Ray anyone?) but well into the brutal slice of life ("Heroin" anyone? "waiting for the Man"?) not your hearts and flowers and stuff.

You just fancied Nico...Watched the Stooges doco on Maori TV last night. Several LOL moments as you'd expect. MC5 featured too.
    When all that was happening, I had no space for music interests, all my spare cash went on racebikes.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    the beatles are overrated. All you pricks are old. Music started with the Sex Pistols.

You must spread rep around .....

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I once had an elderly neighbor sharing my latest batch of limoncello, at home. It prompted comparisons to his own, actual cello, and from that it became apparent that he'd at one time been a very very good cellist, until age crippled him.

A bit embarrassed, perhaps to be talking about himself, he asked me what I played on the piano in the corner. I denied any competence there whatsoever, pointing out that my music came from the far higher authority resident in the racks of CDs in the other corner.

On his third limoncello he wanted to listen to some of it. I played him Sorrow, from A Momentary Lapse of Reason. He cried. I wanted to give him the CD, but he had nothing to play it on.

So great music does transcend generations.

PS: just to keep it on topic: https://www.gearnews.com/david-gilmo...s-black-strat/ Apparently $150k isn't optimistic at all....
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link. A generous man. Has he stopping playing publicly now?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Thanks for the link. A generous man. Has he stopping playing publicly now?
    He's no as old as my neighbour was, and he was still only slightly less than his best a couple of years ago, but who knows?

Last public sighting of that particular axe was here:

Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I once had an elderly neighbor sharing my latest batch of limoncello, at home. It prompted comparisons to his own, actual cello, and from that it became apparent that he'd at one time been a very very good cellist, until age crippled him.

A bit embarrassed, perhaps to be talking about himself, he asked me what I played on the piano in the corner. I denied any competence there whatsoever, pointing out that my music came from the far higher authority resident in the racks of CDs in the other corner.

On his third limoncello he wanted to listen to some of it. I played him Sorrow, from A Momentary Lapse of Reason. He cried. I wanted to give him the CD, but he had nothing to play it on.

So great music does transcend generations.

PS: just to keep it on topic: https://www.gearnews.com/david-gilmo...s-black-strat/ Apparently $150k isn't optimistic at all....
    Anyone wanna go shares in it ?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I'm lucky enough to work with yoof and even luckier that they share their musical tastes with me. Well, sometimes I feel lucky.

Their is some brilliant music out there, I just struggle to recall the name of the bands.....
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I'm lucky enough to work with yoof and even luckier that they share their musical tastes with me. Well, sometimes I feel lucky.

Their is some brilliant music out there, I just struggle to recall the name of the bands.....
    Yes, similar.... I always try and give new stuff a go. I have really liked St Vincent, Silversun Pickups and Courtney Barnett. Not so much Bloc Party. Early Unknown Mortal Orchestra is good but I dont like their latest.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Carrying on with the music theme is this cooler than ....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-inst...2057670938.htm

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . . . " I understand replacement tuners, whammy bar and a case are available from "BFG's guitars" if needed."
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Carrying on with the music theme is this cooler than ....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-inst...2057670938.htm
    Surely it isnt solid fiberglass? and only 80+KG's? if solid it would be 300KGs?
    bloody impressive though
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information