Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 785 of 787 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787 LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 11798

Thread: Optimistic sellers

  1. #11761
    Join Date
    15th May 2008 - 19:13
    Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I am not 100% sure what the Cylinders are, reed valve 347cc TZ700?
    Not any TZ350 i ever seen was Reed Valves
    Swingarm looks G on TZ350 yet frame looks to be earlier
    Clutch is Wet so not TZ . Cover on left sider is early RDA/B
    That said wheels look to be Morris but as they not painted they will likely be un-serviceable.
    It says numbers matching i would say its a RD with very few Tz and some period bits
    Forks are RD as is calipers Rev counter is RD but yokes might be TZ or aftermarket top yoke
    Tank looks late TZ.

    Seller doesn’t know shit from chewed dates. The only things tz are the , shock, cylinder, head, water pump and rad. The cyl and head are 74/75 700 tz750. Swing arm is not tz350. Shock is C-e 76-78 250/350. The rest is some poor rd350. The most valuable item is the tz bits and the lectron carbs. 68hp/187mph go racer. Lol....

  2. #11762
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Seller doesn’t know shit from chewed dates. The only things tz are the , shock, cylinder, head, water pump and rad. The cyl and head are 74/75 700 tz750. Swing arm is not tz350. Shock is C-e 76-78 250/350. The rest is some poor rd350. The most valuable item is the tz bits and the lectron carbs. 68hp/187mph go racer. Lol....
    So what do you reckon the swingarm is I never noticed the round top tube, looks mabye TS125ER with a bit welded on top.
    The yokes although gull shaped still dont look righ to be TZ, t plus i think they were fatter forks on TZ than thr 34mm forks on the early RD, although i dont know what mm the TZ a/b Was



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  3. #11763
    Join Date
    15th May 2008 - 19:13
    Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    So what do you reckon the swingarm is I never noticed the round top tube, looks mabye TS125ER with a bit welded on top.
    The yokes although gull shaped still dont look righ to be TZ, t plus i think they were fatter forks on TZ than thr 34mm forks on the early RD, although i dont know what mm the TZ a/b Was
    TR3/TD3 and TZ250 through to B model 1975 were 35 upper, 34mm below the bottom triple clamp. The lower tripe clamp looked very RD in that it was steel. The upper was very steeply raked and alloy. Those look more RD with the handle bar mounts ground and filled. RD alloy legs quite often got used with a disc brake conversion, but they are specced for 267mm disc....That is a 298mm disc. Probably why the caliper is not bolted on....

    The yokes are not anything TZ from 1976 onwards. had enough of those in my hands over the years. The lower is alloy and 35mm through to 1980 when they went to 36mm legs (but tapered to 35mm at the top).

    This is a 250F/G or 350F/G/H swing arm.

    Mutton dressed as lamb...with extra mint sauce to hide it...

  4. #11764
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    TR3/TD3 and TZ250 through to B model 1975 were 35 upper, 34mm below the bottom triple clamp. The lower tripe clamp looked very RD in that it was steel. The upper was very steeply raked and alloy. Those look more RD with the handle bar mounts ground and filled. RD alloy legs quite often got used with a disc brake conversion, but they are specced for 267mm disc....That is a 298mm disc. Probably why the caliper is not bolted on....

    The yokes are not anything TZ from 1976 onwards. had enough of those in my hands over the years. The lower is alloy and 35mm through to 1980 when they went to 36mm legs (but tapered to 35mm at the top).

    This is a 250F/G or 350F/G/H swing arm.

    Mutton dressed as lamb...with extra mint sauce to hide it...
    Okay the RDs were 34mm A/B then 35mm the last 400 Daytona might have been thicker again they then thinned them on the LC.
    The yamaha twins book i have has the TZ growing nearly every 2 years.
    That said i have found some stuff wring in the twins book some of the suff like the chassis and the gear ratios they mention as only being on 400's were on the 250's as well.
    Some have said they used to use the Steel Early caliper on the TZs as they were stronger and flexed less the Early TZ750 looked Steel though.
    Pretty sure as long as its like for like 2 piston opposed A/B RD they bolt on to the TZ as the forks mounting were higher onthe TZ forks?
    RD C models on were silly slider calipers i actually think the are not even R and L handed or different front to rear.



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  5. #11765
    Join Date
    15th May 2008 - 19:13
    Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Okay the RDs were 34mm A/B then 35mm the last 400 Daytona might have been thicker again they then thinned them on the LC.
    The yamaha twins book i have has the TZ growing nearly every 2 years.
    That said i have found some stuff wring in the twins book some of the suff like the chassis and the gear ratios they mention as only being on 400's were on the 250's as well.
    Some have said they used to use the Steel Early caliper on the TZs as they were stronger and flexed less the Early TZ750 looked Steel though.
    Pretty sure as long as its like for like 2 piston opposed A/B RD they bolt on to the TZ as the forks mounting were higher onthe TZ forks?
    RD C models on were silly slider calipers i actually think the are not even R and L handed or different front to rear.
    TZ fork dia didn't change again until L model in 84 when they went from 36mm of the G / 1980 to 40mm
    C-E 76-78 TZ250/350 plus A-C 74-76 TZ750 had cast iron calipers identical to the RD two piston ones. People reckon there's a slight variation in a casting mark, but nothing really.
    79-80 TZ250/350 F-G and D model / 77 onwards TZ750's had the alloy ribbed calipers (plus also the TZ125G). They flexed and many riders took them off. Even Roberts did on his works 500 used the same RD style cast iron ones in 78!
    In 1981 with the new Powervalve TZ250H, they reverted to the cast iron black caliper and then in about 83 a new works style allow two piston caliper also found on the TZ500J.
    All these calipers are interchangeable with each other. Yes, the caliper mounts are higher on the TZ's than the RD's as these all used 298mm discs.
    Non of the TZ's ever used a sliding pin caliper.
    McKellars Factory road racer Yamaha book is full of inaccuracies, which have been repeated as fact for many years. E.g, TZ750C model (1976) he quotes 40 being made with the first one as 409-100101 frame / engine number. Mine was higher than 409-100160 (in fact the highest serial for that year that any one has ever seen)and I know others which were higher than 409-100141 that he would have you believe was the highest.

  6. #11766
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    TZ fork dia didn't change again until L model in 84 when they went from 36mm of the G / 1980 to 40mm
    C-E 76-78 TZ250/350 plus A-C 74-76 TZ750 had cast iron calipers identical to the RD two piston ones. People reckon there's a slight variation in a casting mark, but nothing really.
    79-80 TZ250/350 F-G and D model / 77 onwards TZ750's had the alloy ribbed calipers (plus also the TZ125G). They flexed and many riders took them off. Even Roberts did on his works 500 used the same RD style cast iron ones in 78!
    In 1981 with the new Powervalve TZ250H, they reverted to the cast iron black caliper and then in about 83 a new works style allow two piston caliper also found on the TZ500J.
    All these calipers are interchangeable with each other. Yes, the caliper mounts are higher on the TZ's than the RD's as these all used 298mm discs.
    Non of the TZ's ever used a sliding pin caliper.
    McKellars Factory road racer Yamaha book is full of inaccuracies, which have been repeated as fact for many years. E.g, TZ750C model (1976) he quotes 40 being made with the first one as 409-100101 frame / engine number. Mine was higher than 409-100160 (in fact the highest serial for that year that any one has ever seen)and I know others which were higher than 409-100141 that he would have you believe was the highest.
    My Mckellars one is just the Twins one.
    I think i posted all the TZ stuff ages ago
    link to follow
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...hmentid=327106
    it says thicker forks F on 350 then G 250
    Folder TZ
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...p?albumid=4882



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  7. #11767
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,356
    HOLD THE PHONE! I have the alltime winner! Out of Utah, united state of amazement!

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/82-KAWAS...YAAOSwoJZXRxE1
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  8. #11768
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,402
    Ha, but yeah it's just way to advertise he has all parts.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  9. #11769
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,299
    Just needs a few nuts & bolts to get it running. . . .. Oh, maybe a few other things.
    Call the scrap man.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...81d510bad307b0
    And no, it's not $200.

  10. #11770
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    6,507
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Just needs a few nuts & bolts to get it running. . . .. Oh, maybe a few other things.
    Call the scrap man.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...81d510bad307b0
    And no, it's not $200.
    i'm pretty sure this is an ex race bike as they have their instruments in upside down sometimes.....

  11. #11771
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    6,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    HOLD THE PHONE! I have the alltime winner! Out of Utah, united state of amazement!

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/82-KAWAS...YAAOSwoJZXRxE1
    if you have a close look it has a link to all the parts they have for the machine, on trade me often you get a bike and 'auction is for one bolt' scenrio, ebay have stomped on this.
    what is of concern is said bolt here is described to be in good condition though, not a great advert really

  12. #11772
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,402
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Just needs a few nuts & bolts to get it running. . . .. Oh, maybe a few other things.
    Call the scrap man.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...81d510bad307b0
    And no, it's not $200.
    " would suit someone who has the time . . . "

    What was Sean Connery's character in Highlander? He'd probably have the time.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  13. #11773
    Join Date
    23rd October 2013 - 18:30
    Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    1,245
    Oh boy instead of working on my fake classic I should let it sit in my garage and appreciate, which apparently it already has!!

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1945220311.htm

  14. #11774
    Join Date
    27th November 2012 - 11:25
    Bike
    '16 xtz125, '03 fireblade
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    853
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Oh boy instead of working on my fake classic I should let it sit in my garage and appreciate, which apparently it already has!!

    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1945220311.htm
    rediculous eh, when you can get the 800 with far less Ks - https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...da33ca5a59e2a8

  15. #11775
    Join Date
    16th July 2018 - 02:38
    Bike
    CX500
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i'm pretty sure this is an ex race bike as they have their instruments in upside down sometimes.....
    What? why?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •