Thread: Flood Damaged bikes, where did they all go?

Bike
    suzuki

Flood Damaged bikes, where did they all go?

So a year or so ago there were a shit load of Flood Damaged bikes hit the market, Cyclepsot in auckland must have had shit ton, and the hawkes bay.
    Deregistered bikes need a vast amount of money spent on them to get them back on the road, and prrof of origin of used components, and new ones. Pretty much all electrical components have to be replace, it doesn't matter where the water got to.

Natureally some people brought them and got stung, how many are lurking there waiting for people to forget about it all and buy a whole lot of heart ache??

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...are_attachment

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    And then get rereleased into market in 5-10 years as “unfinished projects” etc….
    Gotta be same with cars ex Japan too been lots of floods there and Fukushima contamination.
    Then there’s your big bore adventure market where expectations meet reality and quite a few get submarined in river crossings.
    It makes you wonder how many of the KTM790/890 camshaft failures are results of wet bikes being ridden home with oil contamination.
    Check out the public fakebook page to see the carnage.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    good to see they are all up front. Surpised not to see some bikes turn up as race bikes, especially one of the Indians would make an interesting Bears racers.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    good to see they are all up front. Surpised not to see some bikes turn up as race bikes, especially one of the Indians would make an interesting Bears racers.
    More interest in BEARS down here - but less money.

The RC30 that was being sold flood damaged I'd doubt will ever see the road again.
    Gone to a collector and possibly do the odd track day I'm picking.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

The RC30 that was being sold flood damaged I'd doubt will ever see the road again.
    https://iconicmotorbikeauctions.com/...y-jim-granger/

I thought this was good buying. Till I realised it was in USD.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Complete mixture, some were obviously stupid, didn't do their homework, paid too much, realised the extent of the work required, then tried to sell it off (unfinished project, exactly).

One that was rather entertaining was an S1000R, where the guy tries to say multiple things, like, the rules are being changed... then nothing to back up the claims in Q&A. Gets abusive with people questioning him, on the relist claims he was victimised, then TM pulls that listing (and possibly more). Nice to see them get their comeuppance trying to pull one...

Another tried to get a mechanic to "do some basic servicing, clear the error codes"... mech wonders why they keep coming back, finally the owner comes clean, gets told to come and collect it.

Unfortunately not all are that honest. An old bike of mine insurance wrote off for frame damage sold for crazy money (at least in my opinion), back on TM in a month with cosmetic stuff sorted. Claims the frame is fine (welcomes inspection), yet insurance was (as always) clear about the damage when the current seller bought it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post

there seemed to be quite a few big dollar toys at this years SOT.

Thread Information