Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember your first bike?

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Finally I have the internet back after it got knocked out a second time. Did the tail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 034.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	299302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 035.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	460.7 KB 
ID:	299303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 036.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	366.2 KB 
ID:	299304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 037.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	813.0 KB 
ID:	299305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 039.jpg 
Size:	270.6 KB 
ID:	299306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 040.jpg 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	299307  
    Skulls N Flames. Bye bye FZR may you have many more miles with your new owner. 600cc time soon!

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Painted the stripes. Then that storm came so I couldn't do anything for a bit.

Name:	Picture 041.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	301.6 KB 
ID:	299309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 042.jpg 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	299310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 044.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	299311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 048.jpg 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	299312  
    Skulls N Flames. Bye bye FZR may you have many more miles with your new owner. 600cc time soon!

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Then I did the seat cover. I don't see the point with it having a seat; its a 4 cylinder 250. I made my own tail tidy, painted the ninja mirrors white, got some aftermarket FZ6 indicators (led). This is how it looks currently. I'm fixing the primer side fairings, left one which had a chunk missing is nearly done, right one needs a quick plastic weld. I also got another headlight fairing which is broken. I have fixed it its also a work in progress. So this is how it is currently with back half pretty much finished aside from a cut and polish. Along with all the panel work I need to do do some maintenance; exup valve is rattling - I know its the collars, it will benefit from a valve clearance check and a full service - oil, filter, new plugs, fresh brake fluid and rear pads, fresh fork oil.

Name:	Picture 017.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	299315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 051.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	299316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 052.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	299317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 054.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	299318  
    Last edited by SNF; 20th July 2014 at 18:19. Reason: forgot the pictures!

Bike
    A black one
    That's starting to look pretty tidy!

The tail is looking a bit late 90s/early 2000s GSXR-ish.

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    That's starting to look pretty tidy!

The tail is looking a bit late 90s/early 2000s GSXR-ish.

I reckon the tail is awesome! Looks way better than factory. I changed the oil and filter, lubed the exup flap in the exhaust. Rattles a little now and then, better than before, nothing an adjustment of the cables won't fix. This is the latest. Adding some blue to offset the white on the sides I think its a bit too plain currently.

Name:	Picture 064.jpg 
Size:	273.9 KB 
ID:	299892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 065.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	269.9 KB 
ID:	299893  

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR250 View Post
    I reckon the tail is awesome! Looks way better than factory. I changed the oil and filter, lubed the exup flap in the exhaust. Rattles a little now and then, better than before, nothing an adjustment of the cables won't fix. This is the latest. Adding some blue to offset the white on the sides I think its a bit too plain currently.
    Bettererer and betterer, its coming along, nicely

you will have to get some techspan? for the tank. ask NZSPOKES where he got it

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Techspan? I'm going to cover the bike in paint protection film once I'm done painting it. Going to be doing the side fairings in blue stripes this week

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Techspan? I'm going to cover the bike in paint protection film once I'm done painting it. Going to be doing the side fairings in blue stripes this week
    I think its Techspan, not as aggressive on gear as the other material - Stompgrip = great for full time racers
    There is also a product called Easi-grip similar

blue strips = nice

I got some 3M paint protection film put on a new bike - expensive but they turned up with a premade kit.
    Cleaned the bike and applied it - very professional and made a great job
    Best thing not to try and remove the bubbles after applying
    you cant really see where they have applied it.
    Even put some on the rear of the tank to stop scratching via zips and bags etc.
    Did expect more in some places and less in others but great job.
    most areas required from stones etc from tyres

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    I think its Techspan, not as aggressive on gear as the other material - Stompgrip = great for full time racers
    There is also a product called Easi-grip similar

blue strips = nice

I got some 3M paint protection film put on a new bike - expensive but they turned up with a premade kit.
    Cleaned the bike and applied it - very professional and made a great job
    Best thing not to try and remove the bubbles after applying
    you cant really see where they have applied it.
    Even put some on the rear of the tank to stop scratching via zips and bags etc.
    Did expect more in some places and less in others but great job.
    most areas required from stones etc from tyres
    You mean Techspec.

http://techspec-usa.com/magento/

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    sorry got the name wrong - was doing it from memory.
    Techspec - does feel nice and isnt so aggressive on your gear. looks good too

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Painted the side fairings and shined up the tail. For spray cans its pretty damn good even if I do say so myself. Few imperfections as to be expected painting outside and with spray cans. I'm thinking of doing the tank but its 1k lacquer and petrol will ruin it then again the current one is freaking hideous; too poor/ tight to get a panelshop to spray it for me but why when I can spray it myself.

I flushed the cooling system and put in a new thermostat. Fiddled with the exup but it still rattles. Had to get a rear tire. Stupid 2kr can only fit a 120 wide rear tire which is a retarded size. Thinking of doing a 3LN swingarm swap can got to 130 wide like most 250cc bikes. Get some Ninja 250r rims - 5 spokes over ti-spokes! Its really quite tempting.

Name:	Picture 069.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	300607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 070.jpg 
Size:	348.1 KB 
ID:	300608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 071.jpg 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	300609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 072.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	300610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 073.jpg 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	300611  
    Last edited by SNF; 4th September 2014 at 02:02. Reason: pics

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Painted the side fairings and shined up the tail. For spray cans its pretty damn good even if I do say so myself. Few imperfections as to be expected painting outside and with spray cans. I'm thinking of doing the tank but its 1k lacquer and petrol will ruin it then again the current one is freaking hideous; too poor/ tight to get a panelshop to spray it for me but why when I can spray it myself.

I flushed the cooling system and put in a new thermostat. Fiddled with the exup but it still rattles. Had to get a rear tire. Stupid 2kr can only fit a 120 wide rear tire which is a retarded size. Thinking of doing a 3LN swingarm swap can got to 130 wide like most 250cc bikes. Get some Ninja 250r rims - 5 spokes over ti-spokes! Its really quite tempting.
    this is going to look cool

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    I'm trying to decide how far I go on this bike. It runs good - a good valve clearance/shim replacement carb clean and balance will do wonders for it. It doesn't seem to smoke much, a slight puff of white at the top of the rev range. The gaskets are past it - especially the rocker cover, which I'm going to be replacing. For an 80's bike with 51,200 kms I would call this maintenance. Its a bit overkill to go out and do a full rebuild on it. Oh the clutch. It needs replacing anything over 6,000 rpm taking off and it slips - on the replace list.

The forks. They look average - usual pits around the tripples. Head bearings could do with replacing. Thinking of getting a set of new fork tube inners,http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fork-...997712274.html fork oil (10w is considered an upgrade). I know the stock Yamaha fork springs are light and bouncy I reckon once it has fresh oil in there it'll feel a bit stiffer (I hope).

So pretty much:

valve clearance/shims (DIY with some mates)
    carb clean and balance (Easy as done it before)

New clutch (DIY with mates)
    Brake pads (squeaky, may as well replace them - piss easy)
    rebuilt forks (new inners, seals, oil, steering bearing. This Is out of my legau I reckon).
    Replace Exup collars so it stops rattling once and for all (easy as).

Waiting for some good weather over a week so I can do this in the garage and not get flooded.

And finish the tank and headlight/front fairing conversion, paint them both, then ride all summer if my sister hasn't buggered off on it.

I did have pics of it with all the fairings on but the camera is being stupid.

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Camera is behaving. How it is currently. Thinking about adding some white vinyl offcuts to make a checkered flag effect in the blue fade on the fairings - didn't think of that when painting or I'd have masked it all out. Upholstering another seat, been too wet lately for bodywork.

Name:	Picture 074.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	334.8 KB 
ID:	300903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 075.jpg 
Size:	310.2 KB 
ID:	300904  

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    $5 gloss white vinyl sheet and a few beers and a couple of hours and result. Not bad, the wrap on the screen is average and I messed up the skull logo but overall its okay. I want to stick an R6/R1 or even R125 04-08 headlight fairing and lights and subframe, bent is fine its gonna get welded to the stock one. Anyone got busted old fairings and or lights they can sell cheapish?

Thinking I might add some blue flaming skulls to the side fairings. I should stop being lazy and paint the other tank. Need more paint though.

Name:	Picture 076.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	300971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 077.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	297.1 KB 
ID:	300972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 078.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	300973  

Thread Information