Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating opportunities - Ninja 300 - Swan Series Australia

Bike
    BMW

Creating opportunities - Ninja 300 - Swan Series Australia

I am racing in the Australasian Superbike Championship this year. All the top Australian superbike riders have switched to this championship including Wayne Maxwell, Glen Allerton and Robbie Bugden. Infact the entire top 10...

http://www.fxsuperbikes.com.au/

I have access to a full team set up that is completely unused including workshop, with suspension clean room, milling machines, dyno, race truck/transporter and another VW van.

Its a bit of a waste if its only me that can take advantage of it so I want to take a young kid over to race the Ninja 300 cup and I can mentor them. I have a friend who is an air craft engineer that is organising logistics and will be able to help spanner, he is also very good with suspension. This series would be a great opportunity for a young kiwi kid to race, there is a huge amount of prizes including a brand new Kawasaki ZX6 for the Champion.

http://www.fxsuperbikes.com.au/?p=2914

I have a rider lined up for this year. I have organised free insurance, free entry and free garage hire thanks to Terry Oneil. He has flights paid for by a sponsor so all he has to come up with is some accommodation, fuel, tyres and crash damage so he only has to fund about $1000 per race weekend

What I want to do is try and come up with enough money to purchase a 300 and get it up to spec. I have estimated that if I can pick up a crash damaged 300 I will be able to get it on the track and competitive for $7000. I am looking for interested parties to donate money to purchase this bike.

I would like this opportunity to continue for at least another 2 years, so each year I would nominate another rider that may like to take advantage of the use of the bike for free and so on.

If your interested in helping please flick me a message

Bike
    BMW
    I have considered pledge me but ill try here first

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Fantastic Chopa, bloody good on you mate. Terry O is a top bloke also and that series will be brilliant.

For others that may miss out on this opportunity, entry fees are FREE for any Kiwis!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Shaun Harris; 7th February 2014 at 08:48.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    suzuki
    wasnt there a good south island rider going good at levels, ???????

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    wasnt there a good south island rider going good at levels, ???????
    Can't be true, surely not......

I'll be in to help Chop. A couple $ and some elbow grease.
    Would love to be involved somehow (coach, mechanic, etc).

Would really love to take the IMD250 to Oz to race it, but no class for it at FX unfortunately.

Steve
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Onya Choppa !
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    What I want to do is try and come up with enough money to purchase a 300 and get it up to spec. I have estimated that if I can pick up a crash damaged 300 I will be able to get it on the track and competitive for $7000. I am looking for interested parties to donate money to purchase this bike.
    what's required to get them up to spec Chop???

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Choppa, any road or race riders you can direct to me to set up there externall suspension for them for a reasnable fee of $???? I will donate the total amount to this cause man, I have no spare cash still so this is the best I can do and people on this site can speak up about my aabbillity to do this for them. I could also attend the final 2 nats rounds to do the same for races there if there are any that would like help or advice/guidance.

I would love to see Bailey over there doing it
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Yeah, Bailie'd be my pick, I'll put a hundy up if its him

Bike
    BMW
    Thanks guys! Yeah Shaun im in a similar position plus I have my own racing that I am trying to fund so the best I can do is offer services...

To get the bike to spec it needs race fairings, rear sets, full exhaust, rear shock, modified internals in the front and then things like chain and sprockets.

It could be a work in progress, it could be ridden standard for the short term untill more funds are raised.

I have found a road bike with low ks I could get for 4-4500au.

If someone is prepared to purchase this bike you will be the owner and all the parts that I fundraise and purchase for the bike will remain with the bike. The deal will be that the bike must be available for atleast another year but then it is yours to sell and recoup the costs.

Anyone keen???

Bike
    BMW

Bike
    suzuki
    what city is your helper in ?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Thanks guys! Yeah Shaun im in a similar position plus I have my own racing that I am trying to fund so the best I can do is offer services...

To get the bike to spec it needs race fairings, rear sets, full exhaust, rear shock, modified internals in the front and then things like chain and sprockets.

It could be a work in progress, it could be ridden standard for the short term untill more funds are raised.

I have found a road bike with low ks I could get for 4-4500au.

If someone is prepared to purchase this bike you will be the owner and all the parts that I fundraise and purchase for the bike will remain with the bike. The deal will be that the bike must be available for atleast another year but then it is yours to sell and recoup the costs.

Anyone keen???
    this sounds like an awesome idea choppa, hope you can get the right people on board.
    Surely some well-regarded businesses would be interested in donating a few parts and some labor hours in return for some signwriting on the end product too?

be awesome to provide some up and comers with a pathway to bigger things!

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    what city is your helper in ?
    He is in Melbourne mate, thats where we are going to be based

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    who on here reading this thread has an 07/08 GSXR1000 and is mechanical to fit a Leo Vince Exhaust system them self?

You would be helping this cause by fitting and taking photo's of it to sell it to donate the money to this cause, or you just buy it off me for $500-00 + freight and direct the money to Sloan for this cause. This is all I can put towards this effort apart from what I have already suggested.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Thread Information