Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha YDS3 information and parts?

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Ring ding ding ding......

Inspiration?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkxWsO4bD4U

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    kawasaki gpz500

Cog yds3

Hi. From the pic's I would say it is based on the YDS3. The left hand side of the motor shows a cavity where the autolube system sat under a cover. Autolube was introduced with the YDS# from eng No d9-9704. Definately a YDS3 modified frame and the forks are road based as well. Love the "Bacon slicer on the XS-1 front brake!!! My books say that a MIKUNI 276 carburettor used in conjunction with a TD1B cyl was the standard mod for racing back then. Good luck with this some engine parts are still available on E.Bay. I am at present restoring a 1966 YDS3 that I have owned since 1978 and it has sat in the shed a good time of this. If anyone knows of a seat base or right hand muffler give us yell ..

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by yowl66 View Post
    Hi. From the pic's I would say it is based on the YDS3. The left hand side of the motor shows a cavity where the autolube system sat under a cover. Autolube was introduced with the YDS# from eng No d9-9704. Definately a YDS3 modified frame and the forks are road based as well. Love the "Bacon slicer on the XS-1 front brake!!! My books say that a MIKUNI 276 carburettor used in conjunction with a TD1B cyl was the standard mod for racing back then. Good luck with this some engine parts are still available on E.Bay. I am at present restoring a 1966 YDS3 that I have owned since 1978 and it has sat in the shed a good time of this. If anyone knows of a seat base or right hand muffler give us yell ..
    Like an big jdiot I turned down a 1964 YDS3 about 10 years ago.
    It was even restored !!! priced at only 2 grand !!!!!! A mate didn't want to take it to Auckland with him.
    I'm in a very different position now and would grab it with both hands.There is a lesson for us all in that one.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information