Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Suzuki DL1000

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Yeah $13995.00 was a steal for sure.
    Not if you were the guy that paid full price...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    with a ABS Triumph 800 at $17995 I think the Dl is overpriced, with the dollar high I think the DL could be should be priced better.

Fact is Susuki do do it and do it regulary so its always a bit of pot luck, not good brand management.

Perhaps you can tell us what specifically the new model has to justify the higher price?that would be good.

For the record Bret...I have no prob or issue whatsoever answering proper posts or questions in threads I start. So...you wanna compare a 1000cc motorcycle with abs and traction control to an 800cc version from another brand? No worries. Then that 800cc model is surely over priced compared to our DL650 with abs then? It's only $14500.00.

And talking of discounting motorcycles...seeing as you're all of a sudden a Triumph fan...surely you've then notided that Triumph NZ are the kings of discounting motorcycles that are supposed to be a better investment that a Japanese equivilent?

The new DL has grown from 996cc to 1037cc, has abs and 3 way adjustable TC. Gone from pretty av brakes to radial mounted GSXR1000 calipers, conv forks to usd's, new frame, new twin plug heads, a slipper clutch etc etc. Def 3k better in my eyes. Go ride it.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Not if you were the guy that paid full price...
    Yeah used to get it in the neck all the time when Triumph used to drop their pants don't worry. But hey...hardly as bad as Honda when they do it eh? Fancy paying 28k for a Honda VTX1800 cruiser that went to 15k? What about a Can Am Spyder? What...30 something k to 18? So not really like Suzuki are the only peeps that do it eh?

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Yeah used to get it in the neck all the time when Triumph used to drop their pants don't worry. But hey...hardly as bad as Honda when they do it eh? Fancy paying 28k for a Honda VTX1800 cruiser that went to 15k? What about a Can Am Spyder? What...30 something k to 18? So not really like Suzuki are the only peeps that do it eh?
    No doubt others do it, but it must make your job hell.

Bike
    Thinking
    [QUOTE=Crasherfromwayback;1130688970]For the record Bret...I have no prob or issue whatsoever answering proper posts or questions in threads I start. So...you wanna compare a 1000cc motorcycle with abs and traction control to an 800cc version from another brand? No worries. Then that 800cc model is surely over priced compared to our DL650 with abs then? It's only $14500.00.

And talking of discounting motorcycles...seeing as you're all of a sudden a Triumph fan...surely you've then notided that Triumph NZ are the kings of discounting motorcycles that are supposed to be a better investment that a Japanese equivilent?

The new DL has grown from 996cc to 1037cc, has abs and 3 way adjustable TC. Gone from pretty av brakes to radial mounted GSXR1000 calipers, conv forks to usd's, new frame, new twin plug heads, a slipper clutch etc etc. Def 3k better in my eyes. Go ride it.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the good answer, btw Im a long time Triumph fan ]
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Various things
    I'd hardly describe it as the most pleasant part of my job...

Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    [Thanks for the good answer, btw Im a long time Triumph fan ]
    As am I. I have nothing but respect for them as a product. I personally think a triple is one of THE nicest engine layouts ever built. Hence my thread about the new Yamaha triple. Love to have a fang on it.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Not when he gets his commission on one he sold for full price

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I guess it won,t be long before it is available cheaper. i paid 15 k for mine new and that was the going rate at that time.
    I am also aware that it is a whole new bike and not just a facelift.
    Anyway, i am broke at the moment!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    To be fair I suspect Mr Wellington and mr motorcycles have a lot more control over setting the price than the salesperson.

I worked in a franchise dealership and I know for a fact the distributors discuss price with shop owners before they are released, and the sales guy rarely gets a say in that process
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    giz it. .

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer
    From what I gather the new 1000 has dropped a few kilos compared to the last model and could come with a full touring option? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Keen to try a low seat height one to see if it suits my short ass legs
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    Hodor
    Quote Originally Posted by Berg View Post
    From what I gather the new 1000 has dropped a few kilos compared to the last model and could come with a full touring option? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Or you could try wearing platform shoes/boots.

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    I am looking for a 2 up capable machine touring on road but one that is also at home on some reasonable gravel. I am in the market for one of these but the 150mm ground clearance with the oil filter hanging out in the breeze concerns me. I have a heavily farkled DR for the solo rough stuff but the DL underside still looks awful vulnerable to me. Lots of exposed wires and cables to hook up in the bushes too.
    There was one at Paeroa with many of the farkles including a lightweight bash plate which was not very securely mounted and really didn't offer a lot of protection. So still concerned.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Berg View Post
    MOst welcome to come and try it for size. But let me know if you do want to so I can make sure it's there and not muck you around. I'm not long in the leg (32" inseam in Levis) and can touch both feet flat when sitting on it. Bags etc etc at this stage are an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    I am looking for a 2 up capable machine touring on road but one that is also at home on some reasonable gravel. I am in the market for one of these but the 150mm ground clearance with the oil filter hanging out in the breeze concerns me. I have a heavily farkled DR for the solo rough stuff but the DL underside still looks awful vulnerable to me. Lots of exposed wires and cables to hook up in the bushes too.
    There was one at Paeroa with many of the farkles including a lightweight bash plate which was not very securely mounted and really didn't offer a lot of protection. So still concerned.
    I'm sure it's only a matter of time before some after market better bash plate becomes avail. But I do agree some parts look a lil vunerable.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    Maybe its different these days but back when i was selling em (7 years cars 2 years bikes) a sale was a sale,commision didnt change no matter what the unit sold for.Depending on the time of year Toyota would let a car go at a loss just to have another unit sold,still got my $200.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Thread Information