Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Suzuki DL1000

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    When is the suzi luggage available for the strom pete and does it clip right on, or does it need a rack fitted? My K7 has givi fitted and would prefer not to arse about with changing over if poss.
    Also, how many have you sold and have any been back in? Not being a smart coont, but I am one of those people that would rather wait until a couple of years have gone to sort out the gremlins. In this case I am prob not going to wait as it should be the mechanical equal of the previous model if not better and it has been getting mostly rave reviews. Cheers.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    When is the suzi luggage available for the strom pete and does it clip right on, or does it need a rack fitted? My K7 has givi fitted and would prefer not to arse about with changing over if poss.
    Also, how many have you sold and have any been back in? Not being a smart coont, but I am one of those people that would rather wait until a couple of years have gone to sort out the gremlins. In this case I am prob not going to wait as it should be the mechanical equal of the previous model if not better and it has been getting mostly rave reviews. Cheers.
    Think they're still a couple of months away mate. They need to have a lil panel fitted to the side of the bike with three docking *sockets* as such. Your old stuff won't fit the new bike unfortunately. I've only sold one so far...which I must say surprises me...but having said that...we're fucking quiet full stop. Think my coffee making is hurting my sales figures finally. God damn the internet. The thing has only done a couple of thousand km's...and we've only seen it back for it's first service. No probs with either that unit , or our own demo so far...which dare I say...has been ridden quite.....ummmm.....errrr....hard!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Mate, last time I was there you were a bit reluctant to serve us coffee, you were offering us a beer instead! Which to be honest, we should have taken you up on!
    So what do you think of the strom, assuming you are comparing it to the outgoing, and be brutal, I am interested.

Bike
    Various things
    Mate, last time I was there you were a bit reluctant to serve us coffee, you were offering us a beer instead! Which to be honest, we should have taken you up on!
    So what do you think of the strom, assuming you are comparing it to the outgoing, and be brutal, I am interested.
    Lol. Mate...I shit you not, and all salesmans bullshit aside...the two can't really be compared in my opinion. It now feels like a long legged sports bike...not a soft mushy couch and average brakes.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    I have four bikes to demo tomorrow back to back, the strom, ktm 1190, tiger sport and aprilia capo.they are in order, 20k, 27, 22 and 27. Be interesting to see how it goes.

Bike
    Various things
    I have four bikes to demo tomorrow back to back, the strom, ktm 1190, tiger sport and aprilia capo.they are in order, 20k, 27, 22 and 27. Be interesting to see how it goes.
    I'll be interested to see what you think after riding them all mate.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'll be interested to see what you think after riding them all mate.
    I rode the Strom and the 1190 on the same day.
    Basically you get what you pay for - both are great bikes, but the KTM is slightly better (7k better? probably).

I'm actually disappointed with KTM for joining the ADV Touring (i.e. BMW GS imitators) club.
    It's lost that hard core off road feel (in other words, it's in danger of being comfortable to ride). And yes, I know that's were the money is, but I'm still sad.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I rode the Strom and the 1190 on the same day.
    Basically you get what you pay for - both are great bikes, but the KTM is slightly better (7k better? probably).

I'm actually disappointed with KTM for joining the ADV Touring (i.e. BMW GS imitators) club.
    It's lost that hard core off road feel (in other words, it's in danger of being comfortable to ride). And yes, I know that's were the money is, but I'm still sad.
    Good to get your feedback Oscar. Only KTM adventure bike I've ever ridden was a 990...and I thought it was fuggin awesome!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    I ran out of day! Rode the strom first followed by the tiger and ktm.
    Very impressed with the strom. On the v strom site, it had one reviewer hate it saying it was let down by the engine. He also crapped on about the bicycle handle bars.
    Yes the handlebars looked piddly compared to the other two but is a cheap fix and to be honest, I think I would not have noticed if he hadn't drawn attn to it! I thought the console and dash area looked a little budget, not the cluster itself, just the whole assembly. I loved the bike, it is a massive step up from the outgoing.
    Then the tiger, it is more of a hoon bike and more like a sports bike than the strom. It made good power but I stalled it about three times! It seemed slightly heavier as well. Overall, it didn't do it for me but I can't put my finger on why.
    Then the ktm. WOW! A bmx with a motoX engine!
    I could not share this bike with a pillion so it is out for me! I reached behind me as I was riding along and there wasn't much seat left!
    It is a smile a mile. The power was phenominal and the suspension soaked up the road better than the other two. The brakes and handling were very similar on all three as far as I could tell, in fact I thought the strom brakes were the nicest.
    I will take the girl down for round two which will be two up on the strom and hopefully aprilia. One day!

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    I ran out of day! Rode the strom first followed by the tiger and ktm.
    Very impressed with the strom. On the v strom site, it had one reviewer hate it saying it was let down by the engine. He also crapped on about the bicycle handle bars.
    Yes the handlebars looked piddly compared to the other two but is a cheap fix and to be honest, I think I would not have noticed if he hadn't drawn attn to it! I thought the console and dash area looked a little budget, not the cluster itself, just the whole assembly. I loved the bike, it is a massive step up from the outgoing.
    Then the tiger, it is more of a hoon bike and more like a sports bike than the strom. It made good power but I stalled it about three times! It seemed slightly heavier as well. Overall, it didn't do it for me but I can't put my finger on why.
    Then the ktm. WOW! A bmx with a motoX engine!
    I could not share this bike with a pillion so it is out for me! I reached behind me as I was riding along and there wasn't much seat left!
    It is a smile a mile. The power was phenominal and the suspension soaked up the road better than the other two. The brakes and handling were very similar on all three as far as I could tell, in fact I thought the strom brakes were the nicest.
    I will take the girl down for round two which will be two up on the strom and hopefully aprilia. One day!
    The storm gets good press for it's brakes. Not ridden it yet myself.

Which tiger did you ride, the 800 or the 1050. Sounds like you tried the 1050 as that's what I recall. The 800 xc is better than the standard 800, tough both are yawn compared to the 1190. Not ridden the 1200 but it is a whale.

Agree regarding the 1190 pillion seat on the R. Number 2 spawn went on the bike to the Paeroa races this year and she could hardly walk when she got off the bike when we got home. Quote "pins and needles in my butt, numbing, had to keep moving to keep it alive". The standard and the R versions ride quite very differently. The standard is more sports bile and the R "rails". I'm guessing that the brakes appear similar for normal conditions, but in oh shit moments I must admit that the KTM brakes are in another planet. There are already a number of after market and custom seats for the KTM that allow the best of both worlds.

That piggy bank must be getting nervous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Triumph tiger sport 1050. The 1200 looks huge, like a bmw gs. I could not even bring myself to sit on it. The Ktm was pretty lofty as well. As was the price sticker incl the panniers.
    Piggy bank getting a belly rub only right at the moment!

Bike
    Various things
    bly. I loved the bike, it is a massive step up from the outgoing.
    !
    Yep. I honestly don't think you can compare the old one to the new one. Well obviously you can...but they ain't in the same ball park to ride.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    True Pete. The biggest difference was in the brakes. Hopping back on the K7 for the ride home was reluctance town! The engine was smoother but hard to really tell how much more power it had cos mine runs really sweet now after many modifications. But so much nicer to ride, first corner I got to was the motorway on ramp heading north and it is 270 degrees round. By the time I got thru I was mega impressed!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Have heard that the factory panniers are around $1500 and the topbox about $1000. Sound right to you Pete?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Have heard that the factory panniers are around $1500 and the topbox about $1000. Sound right to you Pete?
    If that's the case, provided they're functional, tis a good price. Factory panniers for my BMW are $2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information