Thread: Disappearing threads

Bike
    Depends on the ride.

Disappearing threads

I see a thread I started about a fatal motorcycle crash in Hawkes Bay has been removed.
    I made no comment on what had happened but reported the crash.
    The thread has been removed.
    No e-mail or message as to why.

I also made comment on something from KB admin on posts.
    Full of Gobbledegook and Jargon and acronyms'....I asked what they mean.
    Been removed.
    Again no reason.

I think if a post is removed there should be a reason supplied to the poster and not the Idi Amin type of behaviour.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Have a read of the site rules: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...358-Site-rules

Post within the rules, and there won't be a problem.

Select the right sub-forum for any thread as well, this one is being moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    Thanks for that.
    Just read those rules and I believe I complied.

Moved is better than flushed I guess.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Unless you have some sort of relation to the deceased, there is no point in posting a thread about it.

Almost without exception, they go sideways, with similar arguments in every one, pros, cons, so again, unless you have a relation to the deceased, it isn't your place to be posting about it.
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Unless you have some sort of relation to the deceased, there is no point in posting a thread about it.

Almost without exception, they go sideways, with similar arguments in every one, pros, cons, so again, unless you have a relation to the deceased, it isn't your place to be posting about it.

I have my settings on this site set to anyone can talk about me having a fatality if it occurs. Would that change whether a thread is removed?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I have my settings on this site set to anyone can talk about me having a fatality if it occurs. Would that change whether a thread is removed?
    That setting isn't visible to moderators, just administrators, and was also implemented years ago, likely when there was an older policy. Bike down threads are immediately dealt to, to save the inevitable pages of dribble.

Basically, that setting now would be more for post accident, any discussion on how it occurred, cause etc. Bearing in mind, that usually, these cases go before court to find fault, and can't be discussed then either, so it's a lengthy period of time before anything might eventuate.

Thread Information