Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Weekend Rides

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Good to have you back closer to town. Be good to have another bike on the rides. Seems most round here do there own thing and going out of town for a ride is just to much for them to handle. At least the Busa club have some really good rides.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by 200BUSA View Post
    ....Seems most round here do there own thing and going out of town for a ride is just to much for them to handle....
    I blame the woman for distracting me. I follow the thread and think I'd be up for that.... if I weren't doing other stuff
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    Yes was an excellent day out, I thought the Lewis Pass scenery was nice but around the Buller area takes it to a whole new level.

I found out Don has my PR4's at his shop so I'm off to get them fitted on Wednesday, yay more corners here I come
    Did ya get a 60 for the rear ?

Bike
    08 BMW F800ST
    Blog Entries
    Seems most round here do there own thing and going out of town for a ride is just to much for them to handle. At least the Busa club have some really good rides.
    Sorry, but don't include everyone in that. It's good the Busa bunch are great riding mates & get long so well, but you're riding style & life isn't for all (and that's a good thing, no one wants to be told how to do anything, right?)

Some have to organise with others, or have to justify the longer trips, or have a destination in mind, or a trip longer than a day. Some plain can't keep up with Busas (me ) or just don't want to ... Doubt you'd want to be held back by my stops to get rid of the old age creaks if I did come along, either. Didn't stop me doing almost 1000ks out of town in last month - but not with the Busa club, so it didn't count.

Cheers & good riding.

Max
    aka Captain Slow (was thinking of Mr Plod but then everyone would think I'm in the Police).
    He who shall go stately at the back and not stress out.
    So Gareth what was it you said about MaxF's "Funky ass curves"? - God, now I'm worried...

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Did ya get a 60 for the rear ?
    Not sure what tyre's are waiting for me, when I spoke with Don he said they had been waiting there with my name on them for a few months

Quote Originally Posted by maxf View Post
    Sorry, but don't include everyone in that. It's good the Busa bunch are great riding mates & get long so well, but you're riding style & life isn't for all (and that's a good thing, no one wants to be told how to do anything, right?)

Some have to organise with others, or have to justify the longer trips, or have a destination in mind, or a trip longer than a day. Some plain can't keep up with Busas (me ) or just don't want to ... Doubt you'd want to be held back by my stops to get rid of the old age creaks if I did come along, either. Didn't stop me doing almost 1000ks out of town in last month - but not with the Busa club, so it didn't count.
    You make it sound like we are putting on Power Ranger Suite's and acting like Rossi wannabes full throttle

Most of the weekend rides I have been doing have been on the DR and that isn't setup for open road speeds and I'm in no hurry to get there, I'm out to enjoy the scenery, company of my fellow riders and the ride itself, and if someone in the group wants to ride ahead that's fine I don't have a problem with that I know they will slow down and wait for me to catch back up with them.

I think you also would be surprised about how many stops we take also, just like you we are no longer in our 20's.

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Warm one tomorrow -so will head out for a ride somewhere.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Thinking about riding down to the Lake Tekapo this weekend if anyone is interested joining.

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about riding down to the Lake Tekapo this weekend if anyone is interested joining.
    Would love to go depending on what day, I have a shipment coming in and short of staff so may be working. Will let you know.

Bike
    KX500
    Most of the weekend rides I have been doing have been on the DR and that isn't setup for open road speeds and I'm in no hurry to get there.
    Curious why you take a DR for long open road riding when you own a busa ?

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Not all of our rides are long open road rides. Plenty of twisty roads close to home and the DR handles them well. Some of our rides a 250 would be fine. We ride a Busa but we dont do all our rides at 100mph.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by KX500 View Post
    Curious why you take a DR for long open road riding when you own a busa ?
    It really depends on the destination, but in general I don't do long open roads on the DR.

Would love to go depending on what day, I have a shipment coming in and short of staff so may be working. Will let you know.
    I was thinking about heading out Sunday morning and fuel up at Z pertol Yaldhust, weather looks better for the day.

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Meet about 10am then? Will text you if i get stuck at work.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Meet about 10am then? Will text you if i get stuck at work.
    10am sounds good, looks like the weather for Lake Tekapo will be nice high 27+

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Weather looks great, no work today so will be at the Z station Yaldhurst at 10:00am ready for a nice cruisy ride.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    We ended up going to Mt Cook National Park, the roads going down through the Inland Route were in good condition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150208_141311.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	308774 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150208_141256.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	308775 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150208_135224.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	308776 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150208_144329.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	308777

Thread Information