Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Weekend Rides

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Ride this weekend. Sat or Sun if weather good. ideas?

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by 200BUSA View Post
    Ride this weekend. Sat or Sun if weather good. ideas?
    I'm keen for Sunday, weather looks more promising for the day.
    Maybe another trip up to Kaikoura?
    Meet at the peg 10am, I'll try and have a full tank this time :-)

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good.

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    I'm keen for Sunday, weather looks more promising for the day.
    Maybe another trip up to Kaikoura?
    Meet at the peg 10am, I'll try and have a full tank this time :-)
    Time for another ride dude. im working through this year with just stat days off. so we will have to do a run round the block.

Bike
    2015, Yamaha R3
    Hi guys, I'd say I'm a new rider here.. But I don't have a bike yet, waiting on a vehicle to sell to fund a purchase.

Anyway, I see you all talking about routes such as 'The Block', I had a quick look but couldn't find much. Is there a listing/map of popular routes around Chch?

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    Anyway, I see you all talking about routes such as 'The Block', I had a quick look but couldn't find much. Is there a listing/map of popular routes around Chch?
    The Block is not one particular route there is a lot of different ways to travel, and it depends on who suggested the route.
    In short head towards Nelson via any number of routes then loop back to Christchurch or the Lower Block would be Hokitika, Wanaka then back to Christchurch, whatever way the ride goes it will be a day trip.

Bike
    2015, Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    The Block is not one particular route there is a lot of different ways to travel, and it depends on who suggested the route.
    In short head towards Nelson via any number of routes then loop back to Christchurch or the Lower Block would be Hokitika, Wanaka then back to Christchurch, whatever way the ride goes it will be a day trip.
    Oh, so.. Quite a distance then. I need to find some shorter rides to head out on, get some practice and more confidence before I take on anything that big!

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    Oh, so.. Quite a distance then. I need to find some shorter rides to head out on, get some practice and more confidence before I take on anything that big!
    There are quite a few good shorter rides. Akaroa of course, but best done on a weekday I think, it's a 2 hour ride depending on where you live. North through Waikari on some back roads to Culverden then right through Rotheram, Waiou, Leader Valley to Cheviot and home, 3 hrs, although the earthquakes may have damaged a bit of this route. Arthurs, Greymouth, Reefton, Lewis pass, home, about 6 hrs, better to go the other way around though since the Lewis is the good bit and you may be a little tired by the time you get there otherwise. A good short run is go towards Akaroa but take a left at the Blue Duck, or whatever it is called, through Gebbies pass, through Teddington to Governors Bay and then either Lyttleton and the tunnel or Dyers pass. I do this one on my way home from work sometimes. There are some flatter runs out Lincoln, Springfield, Motukara etc.

Cheers

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    If weather is good on Saturday 28-1-17 might go for a ride to Kaiteriteri. 846km return trip. Should be a good day ride. Will be leaving early.

Bike
    '99 Hayabusa
    If weather is good on Saturday 28-1-17 might go for a ride to Kaiteriteri. 846km return trip. Should be a good day ride. Will be leaving early.
    Day ride??? Are you completely mad or just young and full of motivation/energy?
    That is quite a ride for one day especially with the road works and trucks etc on the Lewis pass.
    If you want to go South, I'll be keen. I just went through Queenstown, Cromwell, Alexandra, Invercargill and Bluff, then back home through Dunedin, Oamaru, Timaru, Ashvegas etc. The roads down south are awesome and the traffic is quite light, very few cops as well. I'm riding a 99 Busa, so would be good to ride with another Busa too!

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoom950 View Post
    Day ride??? Are you completely mad or just young and full of motivation/energy?
    That is quite a ride for one day especially with the road works and trucks etc on the Lewis pass.
    If you want to go South, I'll be keen. I just went through Queenstown, Cromwell, Alexandra, Invercargill and Bluff, then back home through Dunedin, Oamaru, Timaru, Ashvegas etc. The roads down south are awesome and the traffic is quite light, very few cops as well. I'm riding a 99 Busa, so would be good to ride with another Busa too!
    Was going to see daughter. Easy day ride. About a ten hour trip. Only half of the big block ride. Shoshoni and i head out for rides so come along with the busa boys sometime for a ride

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Great ride on Saturday. Weather was awesome and the roads pretty good. Thanks for coming along Shoshoni. The road from Reefton to Springs Junction was perfect. Very little traffic on that section. Traffic to and from Nelson -busy. Road works a pain. Over all it was a great ride. Heading South for the next ride.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    This weekend ? what day..

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Great ride on Saturday. Weather was awesome and the roads pretty good. Thanks for coming along Shoshoni. The road from Reefton to Springs Junction was perfect. Very little traffic on that section. Traffic to and from Nelson -busy. Road works a pain. Over all it was a great ride. Heading South for the next ride.
    Yep had a blast, I do like that road from the Upper Buller Gorge back to Springs Junction.

Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    This weekend ? what day..
    I'm keen I haven't been south for awhile.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Tekapo - Mt Cook ?

Thread Information