Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Canterbury Weekend Rides

Bike
    DR650, Valkyrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshoni View Post
    Sounds good see at 12.
    Look out for me on a blue Blackbird at Shell in Amberley. If I can make it I will be there before you get there, if not have a good ride.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by bushy View Post
    Look out for me on a blue Blackbird at Shell in Amberley. If I can make it I will be there before you get there, if not have a good ride.
    It was a nice day for a ride, we took it quiet going through Scargill Valley I was expecting more grit on the road than there was.
    Stopped at Gretta Pub for some nourishment and a yarn then home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140629_131830.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	298440

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Apparently someone on a dual sport bike came off in Barry's Bay today. anyone we know? Hope they're ok!
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    It was a nice day for a ride, we took it quiet going through Scargill Valley I was expecting more grit on the road than there was.
    Stopped at Gretta Pub for some nourishment and a yarn then home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140629_131830.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	298440

It was a great day to be out for a ride. 3 Hayabusas - great company and a nice casual ride. Did get quite cool on the way home. Thanks guys.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Yep good ride and company yesterday cheers

Bike
    DR650, Valkyrie
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Yep good ride and company yesterday cheers
    Ran outta time yesterday to tag along but probably a good thing...the Blackbird may have felt a little intimidated in the given company

Nice looking bike you have there mulletman. Great colours. You enjoying the change from the SV?

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bushy View Post

Nice looking bike you have there mulletman. Great colours. You enjoying the change from the SV?
    Hey Bushman, cheers and yes i am enjoying the change, been a while since i last owned a bike with clip-ons so adjusting to the
    riding position is a small challenge more noticeable when going over to Akaroa as its giving me a bit of neck strain having to tilt
    my head up more especially when going uphill. Time in the seat and it'll be all good

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Hey Bushman, cheers and yes i am enjoying the change, been a while since i last owned a bike with clip-ons so adjusting to the
    riding position is a small challenge more noticeable when going over to Akaroa as its giving me a bit of neck strain having to tilt
    my head up more especially when going uphill. Time in the seat and it'll be all good

If i didnt have the radiator problem i was going to suggest a ride - but out of action till new one arrives.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by 200BUSA View Post
    If i didnt have the radiator problem i was going to suggest a ride - but out of action till new one arrives.
    What have you done?

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    What have you done?
    Stone hit the radiator - needs replacing.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Anyone going to go on the Avon City Suzuki ride tomorrow?
    The meet and greet is at the shop 9:30am and will be heading out North Canterbury.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I'm bailing, looks like a very windy day in the forecast so J has other things she thinks we'd be better doing.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Well as suspected we got up and finished breakfast a bit late but the weather looked so good we loaded up and rode out on our own on the same route and then... we found the wind, mostly head on but unpleasant enough when turned side on..
    Now having an early lunch at the Nor Wester in Amberley hoping to have a tail wind home.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Well as suspected we got up and finished breakfast a bit late but the weather looked so good we loaded up and rode out on our own on the same route and then... we found the wind, mostly head on but unpleasant enough when turned side on..
    Now having an early lunch at the Nor Wester in Amberley hoping to have a tail wind home.
    Glad I took the Busa and not the DR, I have to agree on the wind on the way to Waiau was bad on the way back from Cheviot was worse.
    I ended up as tail end charlie until we got to Cheviot, the group stopped at the pub and I stopped at our usually place for a quick bite before heading home.

Bike
    Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    New radiator in and bike back together. It is good to be back on the road. Now for next fine day for a decent ride.

Thread Information