Thread: Black Dog 1Dayer Australia

Bike
    BMW

Black Dog 1Dayer Australia

Sunday 23 March saw 31 coordinated rides across Australia to raise awareness of depression and suicide prevention.
    Approximately 6,500 bikes were on the rides.

These rides target country towns to open the discussion and then be aware that help is available. We also raise funds for LifeLine assisting it to proved counselling services. In 2009 BDR donated $370,000 to LifeLine enabling it to provide an additional four hours per day on line counselling services predominately used by young people and regional residents.

BDR FaceBook link

https://www.facebook.com/BlackDogRide?ref=ts&fref=ts

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Paid me money, but couldn't make the ride - a couple of days in hospital saw to that!

Next time Graeme!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Paid me money, but couldn't make the ride - a couple of days in hospital saw to that!

Next time Graeme!
    Hope you are better.

We have a State a Ride in August that will meet up for a few days with our Black Dog Around Australia Ride.
    10th to 17 August, you can ride one day, three days or the full seven.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Interesting, I used to speak online to one of the guys the started the Black Dog Foundation. Didnt know they did motorcycle stuff. Cant remember his name.

Bike
    2006 c50 uncle bully
    Been familiar with the black dog foundation for many years...different purpose but same great cause so to speak...
    Mr graelin...been watching online the progress of the bdr's and all i can say is wow....the stuff you guy's do collectively to raise awareness of the dangers that lie beneath the surface for those with depression and mental illness is awe inspiring...and to give so much time to the likes of lifeline to ensure they can offer the services they do is simply fantastic...i'm looking forward to the big one coming up and will quietly support the riders across the ditch from infront of my fireplace....
    Ride safe and keep up the awesome mahi(work)...

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Great cause. Big ups.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    God its bugging me now, the guy was a pro golf caddie. I hate forgetting names. Getting old.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    God its bugging me now, the guy was a pro golf caddie. I hate forgetting names. Getting old.
    Any of these name familiar?? http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/aboutus/whoswho.cfm
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Interesting, I used to speak online to one of the guys the started the Black Dog Foundation. Didnt know they did motorcycle stuff. Cant remember his name.
    Hi nz spokes, we have in the past raised funds for The Black a Dog Institute however we are not affiliated.

We were started by Steve Andrews who did a solo ride five years ago and have grown since then to what we are today.

Please see. www.blackdogride.com.au

We were close to doing a Black Dog NZ ride in 2013 I still have my return airfare to use up.

I am an ex NZ rider and it is my goal to get back for a ride before it's too late!

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    Hi nz spokes, we have in the past raised funds for The Black a Dog Institute however we are not affiliated.

We were started by Steve Andrews who did a solo ride five years ago and have grown since then to what we are today.

Please see. www.blackdogride.com.au

We were close to doing a Black Dog NZ ride in 2013 I still have my return airfare to use up.

I am an ex NZ rider and it is my goal to get back for a ride before it's too late!
    Cheers. I remembered his name. Dave Spindler. Great guy. I think he helped or did start Black Dog Foundation.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Theantidote View Post
    Been familiar with the black dog foundation for many years...different purpose but same great cause so to speak...
    Mr graelin...been watching online the progress of the bdr's and all i can say is wow....the stuff you guy's do collectively to raise awareness of the dangers that lie beneath the surface for those with depression and mental illness is awe inspiring...and to give so much time to the likes of lifeline to ensure they can offer the services they do is simply fantastic...i'm looking forward to the big one coming up and will quietly support the riders across the ditch from infront of my fireplace....
    Ride safe and keep up the awesome mahi(work)...
    Thanks for your on going support.

I have had some support in NZ trying to get this movement across the Tasman. We would love to involve NZ and need on the ground support if this is to happen.

This Around Australia ride will provide funds again for LifeLine OnLine chat service predominantly used by young people and rural people in crisis. The other fifty percent will go to Mental Health a First Aid to role out their Teen Mental Health First Aid course into Australian high schools.

We are the biggest non government contributer to LifeLine Australia now. We also gave the largest ever donation received by Mental Health First Aid last year of $180,000.

While the funds are very important our main aim is raising awareness and opening the discussion.

www.blackdogride.com.au

Check out my fundraising page here.
    https://blackdog-ridearoundaustralia...om/au/graeme-r

Thread Information