Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ATNR Junior (Auckland Thursday Night Ride- Junior)

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking so too.
    Pen pen would like that

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Pen pen would like that
    Pen Pen????
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Pen Pen????
    The penguin.....

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    The penguin.....
    Dude where'd you go?

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    The penguin.....
    We're off to Bar Africa if you would like to join.

Allergic to the rain lol

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Dude where'd you go?

Hey sorry about that.

Honestly?

I felt out of my depth riding with you guys (I still consider myself very much a learner rider, dispite having my full) and was very uncomfortable with my lack of skill taking corners like that going at those speeds. I am a very slow and sedate rider, and was expecting a whole bunch of leaner riders on 250s that I could just pottle along with. Definitely need to up my confidence and skill levels, so I'm looking forward to attending NASS next week on Wednesday.

Love your bike by the way! (Looks even better in person)

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Hey sorry about that.

Honestly?

I felt out of my depth riding with you guys (I still consider myself very much a learner rider, dispite having my full) and was very uncomfortable with my lack of skill taking corners like that going at those speeds. I am a very slow and sedate rider, and was expecting a whole bunch of leaner riders on 250s that I could just pottle along with. Definitely need to up my confidence and skill levels, so I'm looking forward to attending NASS next week on Wednesday.

Not being pressured to keep up and riding your own ride so you feel comfortable... nice work dude. Prehaps carry on with the ride til you catch up and let someone know you're leaving first, might be helpful.

Anyway nice work, ride your own ride.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Not being pressured to keep up and riding your own ride so you feel comfortable... nice work dude. Prehaps carry on with the ride til you catch up and let someone know you're leaving first, might be helpful.

Agreed. Good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Hey sorry about that.

Honestly?

Hey dude we're really sorry about that, that's not what ATNRJ was started for. As I could see you behind me I thought you were ok, but when we didnt see you after the intersection we all panicked and started checking everywhere for you.
    Luke said you were riding perfectly fine so we were really confused about why you left, that's what the TEC is for to make sure everyone is ok. And the Lead always stops at intersections to check that he can see all riders behind him.

We made the wrong assumption after seeing your awesome bike. It's not a mistake we will make again, I will go back to doing my original ATNRJ riding brief no matter which bike turns up.

Always ride your own ride. Please do feel free to come along next week, we are actually a bunch of supportive riders as we have all been in your shoes before, and that's why I started ATNRJ.

Personally in the past I have ended up in tears after having the same thing done to me, so you have no idea how bad I feel about this.
    I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Prehaps carry on with the ride til you catch up and let someone know you're leaving first, might be helpful.

Yeah sorry about that, I know I should have, and I felt like a dick for just turning off, but I felt that I tried to keep up, I probably would have crashed, so I made a decision to slow down, and turn off.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Hey dude we're really sorry about that, that's not what ATNRJ was started for. As I could see you behind me I thought you were ok, but when we didnt see you after the intersection we all panicked and started checking everywhere for you.
    Luke said you were riding perfectly fine so we were really confused about why you left, that's what the TEC is for to make sure everyone is ok. And the Lead always stops at intersections to check that he can see all riders behind him.

We made the wrong assumption after seeing your awesome bike. It's not a mistake we will make again, I will go back to doing my original ATNRJ riding brief no matter which bike turns up.

Always ride your own ride. Please do feel free to come along next week, we are actually a bunch of supportive riders as we have all been in your shoes before, and that's why I started ATNRJ.

Personally in the past I have ended up in tears after having the same thing done to me, so you have no idea how bad I feel about this.
    I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.
    Hey thanks so much Juniper!

Am very sorry for just turning off, but I really did feel the pressure to keep up, and just didn't feel good about taking anymore corners going at a speed above my skill level.
    I was actually in a situation like that when I lived in Hamilton a year ago on my Ninja. I had joined a group of local riders to go for a ride around rural Hamilton back roads, and they were going at a pace that was too much for me to handle, long story short, I almost didn't mange to negotiate a turn and nearly came off going 100kph.......... Needless to say, It scared the crap out of me!

From then on, I said to myself "Don't try and be a macho idiot and try to ride beyond your abilities and experience levels"

Since then, I've done quite a bit of reading about riding and the mental, and emotional side of things, and how we are all susceptible to peer pressure somewhat (Not a good thing when biking!) and I also attended and Ride safe bronze course and have since learned to try and not to put too much pressure on myself, because I know that if I do that it will lead to me having an accident sooner or later.

Anyway, I do hope you guys enjoyed the ride, and it was a pleasure to meet you all, you're certainly a warm and friendly bunch, with some sweet skills and bikes to match!

*In best Japanese accent*

FORGIVENESS PLEASE!

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Hey thanks so much Juniper! I really did feel the pressure to keep up, and just didn't feel good about taking anymore corners going at a speed above my skill level.
    That's a problem with joining a group ride.
    Everyone learns at a different pace and have varying skill levels.

You should go along next week, but ride at the level/speed that YOU feel comfortable with
    The others will follow

Put yourself behind the leader, great place to see what to look for and avoid.
    Let someone Rider in charge (RIC) or Tail End Charlie (TEC) know if you want to pull out

If your really unsure, tell the TEC that you will follow but may fall behind or stop and not to worry about you BEFORE you start.
    Is a great way to observe the riders in front and you can pull out no worries

You should go along next week, you will improve and look back in a few months at your improvement.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Bugger, looks like I missed out on a good ride. Didn't know this was still a thing.

I'll have to remember to visit KB more often so I don't miss out.

Bike
    2007 kawasaki gpx250
    Just out of curiosity, is this still happening? Just got my lisense and sounds like something I'd be keen on

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hokckeyholic View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is this still happening? Just got my lisense and sounds like something I'd be keen on
    Hey, It hasent been running in a while mainly due to weather and being winter. But now the sun is lasting longer in the evening we might start again.

There is NASS though that would be good if you have just got your licence. It starts out with an open road ride and then we practice slow speed carpark skills.

There is a Kiwibiker page for NASS but we have now moved to Facebook. Check us out here: https://www.facebook.com/NassNZ

Thread Information