Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Riding tired? Please don't

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    glad you agree some situations are outside of our control as I said there are some on here that believe there is no such thing.
    I doubt one person on here believes that. You assume way too much.

There is no guarantee that anyone no matter how skilled at riding they claim will be able to cope in any situation as some situations can happen faster than others. Those making such claims have possibly had a few close calls........
    There you again.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I doubt one person on here believes that. You assume way too much.

There you again.
    ahh yes, to assume is to make an Ass out of U and Me and remember, assumption is the mother of all fuckups,
    learned from experience

Bike

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    There was a dude on here who claimed every accident is avoidable including when animals run out. I replied back to him saying if that was the case there would be no road deaths. Maybe he was on herbal highs to have such a thought or he had been lucky every time he had come close to dropping his bike and just felt everyone else should be as lucky as him.
    Or maybe what he said was that you should try and avoid every accident, to be aware of your surroundings, because while every accident is avoidable, sometimes it is more practical to avoid being able to avoid every accident. Btw, your reply has a massive hole in its logic, as not all avoidable accidents are avoided.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    CB1300
    There was a dude on here who claimed every accident is avoidable including when animals run out. I replied back to him saying if that was the case there would be no road deaths. Maybe he was on herbal highs to have such a thought or he had been lucky every time he had come close to dropping his bike and just felt everyone else should be as lucky as him.
    All accidents are avoidable. Sometimes they are not avoidable in the given moment by the given rider on the bike. Eg. My second crash. If I had paid better attention to my maintenance or I had better skills to deal with a slide I might have saved it. If I had been going 10k slower or there was no diesel slick almost anyone could have avoided it.

It was avoidable. Just not by me on that day in that corner, in the rain, with a diesel spill, and the sudden failure of my rear bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CB1300
    Isn't retrospect beautiful?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    All accidents are avoidable. Sometimes they are not avoidable in the given moment by the given rider on the bike. Eg. My second crash. If I had paid better attention to my maintenance or I had better skills to deal with a slide I might have saved it. If I had been going 10k slower or there was no diesel slick almost anyone could have avoided it.

It was avoidable. Just not by me on that day in that corner, in the rain, with a diesel spill, and the sudden failure of my rear bearings.

This guy gets it.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Thread Information