Thread: Noise limit at track days

Bike
    2005 Yamaha R1 Raven

Noise limit at track days

Hey all, I am sure this has been discussed but I cannot find it on my phone. I am wondering what the heck they expect you to do when the limit is 95 db with one chance to come under the limit if your flagged and no chances if your over 100 db. My problem is my bike (Yamaha r1) is 97 db factory at 6250rpm and it now has race baffles. How can they enforce this limit when it is below the factory db rating of a machine! Shall I get a race scooter?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by R1de View Post
    Hey all, I am sure this has been discussed but I cannot find it on my phone. I am wondering what the heck they expect you to do when the limit is 95 db with one chance to come under the limit if your flagged and no chances if your over 100 db. My problem is my bike (Yamaha r1) is 97 db factory at 6250rpm and it now has race baffles. How can they enforce this limit when it is below the factory db rating of a machine! Shall I get a race scooter?
    You will be fine. Factory limit is at the bike, track limit is at the side of the track.

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Also, you can stick it on 2nd gear around the point where they measure it (for Pukekohe, it is the lefthand corner on the backstraight).
    You can also try to run through the furthest side of the track around that point.
    Or yes, you can try race scooter.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    My Kerker used to blow itself in half at most track days(if I didn't have any wire available) and they never used to worry about the horrendous noise, I'd pull in anyway cos the blown off bit would be nearly going through the back wheel :/
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Thread Information