Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1000cc bikes on tardme

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Mint example of the classic superbike - one careful owner, full service record. Many tasteful modifications. Be quick.
    It not be quick any more!

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    Maybe small bikes aren't heavy enough to do much damage?

My ex's scooter and my GN dropped several times, we picked them back up and they were fine.

My bandit has been knocked down three times by taxi drivers, just given enough of a bump to fall over, and it looks terrible. Taxi drivers won't admit fault either.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1991 View Post
    why is it that most of the newer liter bikes 2008+ for 10g have been dropped. seen i few that i like but get into the texts/phone calls and then you get the its been dropped by the owner before me shit.. maybe im looking in the wrong place but geez is annoying..
    Meh, the easy solution is just buy a new bike. That way you know the history...

Bike
    suzuki dr200 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Meh, the easy solution is just buy a new bike. That way you know the history...
    Hm if I had the dosh to spend on a brand new one I would not be looking on tradme...maybe sellers should put it in the add instead of hoping someone Wil buy it without asking..

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Mint example of the classic superbike - one careful owner, full service record. Many tasteful modifications. Be quick.
    Swap with a '94 Daihatsu good runner plus cash my way?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    I have dropped My St4s 3 times. Once from a stall while turning, once by putting my foot down on mud, once by stupid garage manoeuvre. Last one would have been 4 years ago. Its still what I would class as a mint condition bike, you would never know and doesn't matter as its not going to be sold in a hurry. The 999 was dropped by the first owner low speed low side. You would never tell.

Most bikes have been dropped as others have said. I would be concerned with bent frames or triples. How do they track when you take your hands off the bars. That's a good test.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    why is it that most of the newer liter bikes 2008+ for 10g have been dropped. seen i few that i like but get into the texts/phone calls and then you get the its been dropped by the owner before me shit.. maybe im looking in the wrong place but geez is annoying..
    I've noticed very few car sales advertisements for cars (2008+ or not) that list previous collision / engine repairs ... why would it be more important with motorbikes ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Its never the current owner.

Unless their name is DMNTD
    lol....it's been 5 years, let it go bro!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    lol....it's been 5 years,
    And probably 100 bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    And probably 100 bikes
    I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!

Bike
    CB1300
    Hm if I had the dosh to spend on a brand new one I would not be looking on tradme...maybe sellers should put it in the add instead of hoping someone Wil buy it without asking..
    I stated that my bike had marks consistent with age but waited until they made contact to explain it had been dropped from stationary. Seeing it in person or fully explained it was not likely to lose sale, but getting a sale is all about getting that first contact.

I also did not paint over the scratches so people could see it was genuine and make up their own minds re cover up or leave it alone.

When buying, I don't care if nothing is said before I get there about a couple of scrapes but some of the shit on trade me with awesome pics is rediculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse1 View Post
    Most bikes have been dropped as others have said. I would be concerned with bent frames or triples. How do they track when you take your hands off the bars. That's a good test.
    Sooo, you've ridden a bent bike and found it to be a problem this way?

I've currently got a little GL145, that is proper fucken bent. The front axle to swingarm pivot measurement is about 20mm too short, and the wheel sits off to the right a bit.

Take my hands off the bars all the time no worries. About the only thing I've ever noticed by taking my hands of the bars, is rooted or too tight steering head bearings.

Bent triple clamps, are usually accompanied by snapped forks. Though there are exceptions to that so not a hard and fast rule.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Sooo, you've ridden a bent bike and found it to be a problem this way?

I've currently got a little GL145, that is proper fucken bent. The front axle to swingarm pivot measurement is about 20mm too short, and the wheel sits off to the right a bit.
    Yes I have. It was a bike I bought. Also a friends bike he bought. One case had bent lower triple. The other had frame damage by the steering head.

Hey it's only a GL 145! If you know a bike has been dropped and it doesn't track straight it's cause for concern. All I'm saying.

Bike
    bandit
    So ??? What ??? You've never fallen off ???
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Bikes!
    Mine is a one owner 2009, and yup it has been dropped. I don't control earthquakes, what ya want me to do.... insurance replaced everything scratched (it only fell against my tool chests), but I still can't sell it as having never been dropped.

Just do what I do, buy them new. If you're too cheap for that, then it's just tough luck.

Thread Information