Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda NC750X

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    ..... to the point where I expect the ABS might even kick in, but it never does, and the bike always stops. So I guess there's not much 'feel' to be felt. Actually I've never felt the ABS kick in on the front, even when practising emergency braking, so I wonder sometimes if it's even working. Paranoia probably (hopefully, anyway.)
    The thing about ABS is if you are braking properly, it will never kick in.....
    It is only if you are braking across a slippery surface, or hit one while braking...
    Or just snatch the brake without loading the front tyre properly.

Hope this helps

As for Feel... I wonder if the ABS module takes some away? Not sure, will have to ride one to work that out.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    The thing about ABS is if you are braking properly, it will never kick in.....
    It is only if you are braking across a slippery surface, or hit one while braking...
    Or just snatch the brake without loading the front tyre properly.

Hope this helps

As for Feel... I wonder if the ABS module takes some away? Not sure, will have to ride one to work that out.
    I like that explanation, I must be braking properly then . Nah it probably doesn't, more likely I have about as much sensitivity as a block of wood. Still, there's a stiffness to the lever that comes and goes at low speed or when I'm stationery, and a distinct vibration when braking downhill and coming to a complete stop - but the CB500X I had did the vibration thing also, so at least that part is familiar.

Glad to see somebody else is happy with theirs!
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Boss has a 700X and yes, did find it a bit limiting 2up for touring. He's not large, neither is his partner, but it was still a little cramped, plus underpowered when hitting strong winds on the southern coast near Invercargill. He didn't want to go too large due to trying to handle it, but so far (along with the NC for the city) has enjoyed the low seat height of the new Multistrada and also likes the new Honda Crossrunner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Boss has a 700X and yes, did find it a bit limiting 2up for touring. He's not large, neither is his partner, but it was still a little cramped, plus underpowered when hitting strong winds on the southern coast near Invercargill. He didn't want to go too large due to trying to handle it, but so far (along with the NC for the city) has enjoyed the low seat height of the new Multistrada and also likes the new Honda Crossrunner.
    Yes. I can imagine it will be a little small and limited, but I am happy with that compromise.
    The 750 is actually 75cc bigger than the 700, so that should address a little bit of the power issues, although on paper it doesn't look like much.

The Crossrunner, well there is a very nice bike. Particularly the new one where they put the footpegs in the right place. Honda forgot about that on the first model.
    I loved the VTEC kicking in. My partner did get a little tired of me doing it though lol.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    And now the new 2016 model is here. Not keen on the silver fairing myself. ABS still not standard here though, wonder if the DCT version can be ordered now? (since the AT DCT is now available in NZ)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1086251301.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	321709  
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    can't help but think it'd look way better without the fat side fairings? they look bulbous and weird :| ?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    And a review of the new one:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/bike...-its-hair-down

Had my 2014 for a year now and getting more and more comfortable on it, barring anything unforeseen I may never buy another bike (thanks Honda for building the perfect bike for boring old me.)
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    And here we are again, another new model. Possibly the best looking version so far, and more updates than usual. Lighter, a bit more go, lower seat, some more electronics and a bit of a price bump. Still doesn’t look like the DCT is an option through Honda (maybe as a special order?)

https://www.hondamotorbikes.co.nz/ad...e-bikes/nc750x

I’m still riding my 2014, just clicked over 50,000kms and I continue to be very happy with it. Would love to take a new one for a test drive but not really a fiscally responsible option at the moment.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I did the TT2000 on one that I rented a couple of years back, as my bike was waiting on parts from overseas and wasn't able to be ridden. I was pleasantly surprised with the old model's handling. It certainly got put through its paces between Napier and Wairoa.

The DCT version does seem to be the way to go for that engine. Coming from a bike with a 13k red line, the number of times that I accidentally hit the limiter was far too many to remember.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    The DCT version does seem to be the way to go for that engine. Coming from a bike with a 13k red line, the number of times that I accidentally hit the limiter was far too many to remember.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Yes even I’ve managed that, apparently they’ve upped the redline on the new model a whole 500rpm to 7000!
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post

I’m still riding my 2014, just clicked over 50,000kms and I continue to be very happy with it. Would love to take a new one for a test drive but not really a fiscally responsible option at the moment.
    My 2015 has just done over 88000k. Got it when it was 6000k old. Did the clutch at 85000, as it was dragging since about 20000... Finally got sick of it being difficult to push it in gear with the lever travel where I like it...
    Anywho, bike still feels like new... Will probably replace with new model, eventually.... Or get the new one and keep the old one as a back-up. Not that it has ever let me down.

As for hitting rev limiter, only done that once... Thought I had hooked the gear, but had not! I grew up short-shifting the heck out of everything...

I use it for work. (Instructing).

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    My 2015 has just done over 88000k. Got it when it was 6000k old. Did the clutch at 85000, as it was dragging since about 20000... Finally got sick of it being difficult to push it in gear with the lever travel where I like it...
    Anywho, bike still feels like new... Will probably replace with new model, eventually.... Or get the new one and keep the old one as a back-up. Not that it has ever let me down.

As for hitting rev limiter, only done that once... Thought I had hooked the gear, but had not! I grew up short-shifting the heck out of everything...

I use it for work. (Instructing).
    That’s interesting, at my last service I asked about the clutch and turns out the plates are getting a bit worn and ‘sticky’ but there doesn’t seem to be any other symptoms once underway. I picked up mine at 2000kms and have ridden it in a lot of stop/start traffic as filtering with my 42L panniers can be a little challenging at times, so a fair bit of feathering the clutch happens…and I’m not the most coordinated of riders lol.

Pretty sure I’ve been on one of your ride forever courses too, they’re always good value. Haven’t done any for a while what with Covid and everything but used to do them regularly with Prorider.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information