Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda NC750X

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries

Honda NC750X

For those of us who liked the look of the NC700X, they're bringing in the updated version:

http://www.hondamotorbikes.co.nz/bik...e/2014-nc750x/

Not much different, new seat, revised dash (yawn), more cc and an extra balance shaft, scarily no mention of ABS in Honda's blurb (but it's supposed to be standard worldwide now - they wouldn't, would they?), also supposed to have adventure-ish tyres now (like the 500X). And it's the same price! (scratch that - might be an extra $500) Go Blue Wing! /sarcasm/.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Turns out Blue Wing has left off the ABS again. Maybe a nod to the fact they class it as an 'adventure' bike?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	325418090.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	299498  
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Turns out Blue Wing has left off the ABS again. Maybe a nod to the fact they class it as an 'adventure' bike?
    Yeah... I'm suuuuuure that's the primary reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Between bikes
    From 51hp to 54hp. One wonders why they bothered giving what is obviously a commuter bike an extra 3hp.

And since when is 3hp from a 75cc capacity increase anything to shout about...

I mean, I love the helmet storage and all that kinda guff. Just wish the thing wasn't so asthmatic.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Yeah... I'm suuuuuure that's the primary reason
    I know, I was trying to be charitable. I guess if it did have ABS they'd just price it higher. Might as well have gone for the 700x when I had the chance, my bad for wanting to wait and see. Or...wish the versys had been this price when I was looking:

http://www.kawasaki.co.nz/catalog/st...50DDF/overview
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    From 51hp to 54hp. One wonders why they bothered giving what is obviously a commuter bike an extra 3hp.

And since when is 3hp from a 75cc capacity increase anything to shout about...

I mean, I love the helmet storage and all that kinda guff. Just wish the thing wasn't so asthmatic.
    Should have made it smaller and lams legal.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    The CBR500x covers that market

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    CB1300 black and naked mmmmmmmmmm
    Big chance is the 6Nm more torque and if I am not having a senior moment I think they spaced the transmision ratios wider..........meh............ I have ridden and it is a NC700 with more........so imfomatave am I

I like them a lot they are not as bland as the article suggests YMMV
    Hey It's Mr Nice Guy

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    And now that you've sent me this, I don't think I care anymore.

- The Simpsons

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    I rode this machine today. Honda Hamilton have a whole stack of demonstrators available to test ride this week. I liked it. It would make an ideal commuter bike plus there is no problem taking it out for a Sunday spin. The twin cylinder power plant provides a nice beat to let you know it's alive.
    However it couldn't replace my ST.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    OK so it turns out you can order an ABS model through Honda NZ for $13995 - thanks to Peter from Honda Hamilton for following up on my enquiries.

All I need now is somebody to give me 10 grand for my 500...yeah right.

Also note that the 750S is on the Honda NZ website now.

http://www.hondamotorbikes.co.nz/bik.../naked/nc750s/
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Wait two years and a get a new/old stock ABS one for $10,995 inc. ORC.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    So I just couldn't let it go; signed on the dotted line today on a barely used Japanese import NC750X with ABS + sundry extras today, didn't even test ride it.

Right now the right side of my brain is smiling, while the left is looking at it ruefully and shaking it's head. Or the other way around, or neither...

Picking it up Thursday.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Good on you Rodney, sundry extras = luggage?

Thread Information