Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problem with expired temporary imported motorbike

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    That does not explain the logic why the NZTA considers no reg/wof a dangerous driving/riding offense.
    The NZTA only do what the gubbermint task them with by way of passing laws & regulations, oh and what the cat food people tell them to do as well. I get the feeling you're about to head off on another idiotic tangent.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Are you not aware that debate of laws is a common topic of discussion on this website? Just because you believe its wrong to question the logic of laws it does not mean everyone else feels the same way. You have never heard the saying the law is an ass I am guessing.
    Try to gain an understanding of the laws you're questioning first and you might seem (slightly) less of a pillock. Lots of laws don't make a lot of sense to me but then I read one of your posts and it all seems pretty sensible all of a sudden.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Is the bike still in the system overseas? Can a license (rego) be attained from there?

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Do it.
    But most of all - watch yourself. Don't look like a dick on the bike and the cops will leave you alone.
    Contrary to most beliefs - if your a good sort (don't speed etc) the cops generally leave you alone.

I once went through a compulsory check (alcohol) with no license, on a bike too big for me, with the girlfriend on the back, bike had no rego or wof but was clean and tidy.
    Cop told me to take it easy and to make sure I didn't attract any attention.

Other times I was being a dick, when the cop pulled me over I kept being a dick....end result was I got more than I deserved.

So take it easy, enjoy the scenery and have a great time.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post

Actions of the Highway Patrol Officer roadside rely a lot on his/her discretion at the time.

Highway patrol officer and discretion ?

Tui.............
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    ... Tui.............
    We don't much of the imported beers down here ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    I came across a Chassis number mismatch on my old Stag at the WOF.

A Triumph Stag has a chassis no. in the passenger door jam and a body number on a plate under the bonnet. The body number isn't even listed on the build documents - the body factory use it then forget it once everything is pressed.

I was in a hurry and hadn't remembered this when the WOF guy goes "hey - my system is flagging up an incorrect chassis number". I just went "dunno guv - it is pretty hard to read aye". He went "oh well, car is fine - she is all good. People are always misreading Ds for 0s and whatnots" and passed me.

Lol

Thread Information