Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ZXR250 vs GSX250 - Fight?

Bike
    zxr400 91
    your kidding you have to drive to the other side of Auckland to buy a bike the insanity of it .
    Id travel 3hrs or more to pick up a decent bike . The guys got good feed back the bike looks tidy low kms and if you worried if its been dropped in its life time and hasn't got genuine decals lmao

Bike
    FE701
    I want to ride everyday...... Fuck work

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by roy.nz View Post
    Good luck getting that one for $2g.

Quote Originally Posted by roy.nz View Post
    Lazy OP isn't even willing to make his way across Auckland to pick up a bike, don't tihnk he'll be too interested in putting this one back together.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
    There's a guy selling this ZXR250 saying he'd consider $2800

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=72...&pid=315138052

But he seems odd insists on me driving to otherside of auckland to pickup rather than meeting halfway even...

Plus new fairings no decals meaning what? Dropped?

I hate buying used -_-'
    No wonder your name is 'fatjoez'. It's not odd, it's just you being bloody lazy.

Otherwise, looks like a cool bike. Do eeeet!

Bike
    zxr400 91
    hi I cant believe the nerve of this guy on trademe not riding the zxr over to Fatjoez place to show the bike with a bag of pies to seal the deal

Bike
    Bikes!
    But he seems odd insists on me driving to otherside of auckland to pickup rather than meeting halfway even...
    Yep, I'd tell you to fuck off too you lazy cunt.

This your first time looking at learner bikes a few decades old? Of course it has been dropped.

I hate buying used -_-'
    So buy a new one you queer cunt, is that so fucking hard.

Bike
    Between bikes

I hate buying used -_-'
    I bet you hate not having a bike more.

Check it out, turn up with $2,6 in cash and nothing more and bargain up from 2,5.
    Shit, even take $2,8 if you're happy with buying it at that.
    Look after it, thrash it, then sell it in six months.

By the way... have you looked into/done CBTA?

Also consider GPX250 which is the twin-cyl 250cc 4stroke kwaka. Prolly inbetween the GSX and the ZXR in terms of fun factor, practicality, blah blah. Budget around the 2.5 mark too.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gauge View Post
    Id travel 3hrs or more to pick up a decent bike .
    I did recently. Christchurch to Dunedin and then back the next day with a shiny new(ish) red and silver bike. About 5 and a bit hours on the road each way I guess

I'd actually be concerned that the only bit of info about the bike in the advert was that it revs out to 18,000rpm. Sort of suggests the current owner went there pretty often. Hmm, pretty bike but 'not touching it with a barge-pole' would be my response (but then again I'm a soft-cock nana with a severe risk-aversion when it comes to money)
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    ducati 900ss f650
    It's a zxr if you don't rev the nuts off them they start to run like shit!

They are at 9000 rpm at 100 kph

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701

I hate buying used -_-'
    Most 250's have been dropped. I bought mine with the front fairing still unpainted by the previous owner who broke the fairing in a slow speed drop. I got is repainted etc and then proceeded to slide it down the road 3 times. Cosmetically it wasn't perfect, still tidy, but mechanically it was brilliant. If it is mechanically tidy - then go for it. I find bikes that are not mint and which the owner doesn't feel like he has to 'baby' to be more fun to ride.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gauge View Post
    your kidding you have to drive to the other side of Auckland to buy a bike the insanity of it .
    Id travel 3hrs or more to pick up a decent bike . The guys got good feed back the bike looks tidy low kms and if you worried if its been dropped in its life time and hasn't got genuine decals lmao
    I bought my 2011 CBR1000rr unseen from a bloke in Christchurch based on his trademe ad and a few text messages. I paid him his $$ by DD and he chucked it on a truck for me the next day. I got lucky, it was even tidier than he described - like as new. Guess it worked our for me...but yeah, you take your chances in any transaction.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post

Also consider GPX250 which is the twin-cyl 250cc 4stroke kwaka. Prolly inbetween the GSX and the ZXR in terms of fun factor, practicality, blah blah. Budget around the 2.5 mark too.
    GPX250 is one of the worst 250cc 'sports' bikes that I have ridden. I hate the F&%cken things.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    I did recently. Christchurch to Dunedin and then back the next day with a shiny new(ish) red and silver bike. About 5 and a bit hours on the road each way I guess

I'd actually be concerned that the only bit of info about the bike in the advert was that it revs out to 18,000rpm. Sort of suggests the current owner went there pretty often. Hmm, pretty bike but 'not touching it with a barge-pole' would be my response (but then again I'm a soft-cock nana with a severe risk-aversion when it comes to money)
    I used to have to chase fast boys on 600's and 1000's on my ZXR250c...it spend a large portion of it's time very near to the redline. regular oil changes with filters, never missed a beat.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Yes there are prob better options now with LAMS bikes like DR650 but OP prob got eyes for a race replica like when I was young.
    The FZR250 often gets overlooked. Mine had the EXUP exhaust and used to smoke all the local GSXR250 and GPX. The GPX can sound a bit hoady but good off the line with parallel twin.
    I did fish and chip delivery on mine 18000 rpm everywhere about four nights a week, few missed gears stratospheric over revs like you do and no engine trouble.
    Can consume a bit of oil on long trips with the high revs.
    The FZR model I had was fitted with the big floating single front disc, much better than the GSXR twin discs which look good but are bit lacking in brakes compared to FZR.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    GPX250 is one of the worst 250cc 'sports' bikes that I have ridden. I hate the F&%cken things.
    I had one for a few years. Loved it. Not a sports bike though. Excellent commuter and learner bike!

Thread Information