Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yamaha SR400 reborn

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    What does the Matchy poke out Nev?
    ENUF ! Never had it on a dyno...never felt it necessary, but when it gets beaten in its class I'll then deem it necessary to make more

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Haha...yes I actually DO geddit. None of my 10 bikes make any more than about 75 HP and all of them are spirited rides on the right roads. but I really think the GT could have made more than a poultry 29 HP. Even the older Indian RE's made less than the original Bullets due to tiny wee carbs and ports. Torquey yes...but not much go. I know several people that own or owned them, that sorted them out a bit in the power dept and they were then quite good rides. I'd still rather ride my Velo Thruxton tho!
    I think ACE engineering (UK) will soon come up with a head job/tune up kit for the GT, like they did for the pre injection motor. I'm guessing the bigger bore and injection will need a bit of thought? Dont think EJK or Dynajet have brought out a fueller for it yet either.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Thread Information