Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The cheater MX85 argument. I might be changing my mind.

Bike
    GPR150
    for everyone at 19 year old starting buckets at 17 my tf 100 witch i have not touched for 20 years put 22.5 hp on my dyno which i never ever had on a dyno !!!!! if mine dyno is reading right or wrong mine 4 stroke on average puts out 3 hp more max max on the best of days ...after the gp 23.5 hp with shit loads of time working on it!!!! most cases im lucky to make 2 more hp on a dyno than the seat of the pants tuning . i'm am dumb . never past a exzam in my life ...as you can see i can't fucken speelll so why the fuck you can't build any thing is god oney knows , i have athistis which is now my main promblem (i can't even walk 30 seconds up a hill and be to stuffed its not funny !!! sort your shit out guys ! don't comet on this because i get sick when peolpe atacck me , i just get on and do my best now days ( and like helping people)

Bike
    GPR150
    last post . have fun which is what i thought bucket was about

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    I'm not attacking you. We all have skills in different areas. I want to build and ride a two stroke. I don't like asking for help as I have little to offer in return.
    I just think the two strokes have been left behind since the factories have stopped building them whereas four strokes are getting fancy (fuel injection, multi valves etc).
    The MX85 engine could be what's needed.

If it ain't smokin', it's broken.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Ok. Maybe a slightly different angle.

There have been conversations around junior rider development program's (at MNZ level).
    If they set up a class for 8-13 yo (sub contracting engine and frame development or aligning with MetraKit etc).
    With the ideal engine size 50-85cc, likely using mx engines due to availability and reliability.

Would you guys:
    A) support and allow them to race with you (or B/C Grade etc), track time depended.
    And help perants sort out bikes / tuning etc. to ensure the most fun is had...
    Or
    B) would you say nope go away (race at the MNZ organised events only)....??

Also I'd love to see more of a demographic breakdown of the poll. time involved in the sport & current bike (2 or 4 stroke)...

Mr. Bucketracer, other than me, I don't think anyone is attacking you.
    Everyone is sharing their views on the topic. It was always going to be a heated topic.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Option .....A....

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Fuck, I don't want to be beaten by a kid!

Hang on... I already am.

Option A

If it ain't smokin', it's broken.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Ok. Maybe a slightly different approach.

There have been conversations around junior rider development program's (at MNZ level).
    If they set up a class for 8-13 yo (sub contracting engine and frame development or aligning with MetraKit etc).
    With the ideal engine size 50-85cc.
    Its a great idea
    The older KTMs would be a great motor in either 50cc Auto or 65cc six speed form.(beta)
    They have been made uncompetitive due to the later models. They are also unsuitable for playbikes
    although the 50 and 65 is still used by Huskvana.
    The remaining parts could be fogged of to pitbikes owners.
    Also new chinese copy engines and parts are available
    http://www.motomx.com/ktm50_engine.html
    , plus these
    http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engines.htm

http://www.denardisengines.com/50cc.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    85 2t should be quieter than any 150 4t, so should help with access to tracks.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Ok. Maybe a slightly different angle.

With the ideal engine size 50-85cc, likely using mx engines due to availability and reliability.

Would you guys:
    A) support and allow them to race with you (or B/C Grade etc), track time depended.
    And help perants sort out bikes / tuning etc. to ensure the most fun is had...
    Or
    B) would you say nope go away (race at the MNZ organised events only)....??

Also I'd love to see more of a demographic breakdown of the poll. time involved in the sport & current bike (2 or 4 stroke)...

Mr. Bucketracer, other than me, I don't think anyone is attacking you.
    Everyone is sharing their views on the topic. It was always going to be a heated topic.
    Could be something we all agree on!

Worthy of another thread really...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Good idea, different thread likely^

I've thought long on this, and even voted no in the poll but like F5 Dave when he started this thread I've hit refresh and have gone the other way.

Really when you look at the current rules:
    125 air cooled 2 strokes
    100 other cooling 2 strokes

It seems fair to allow:
    85 MX engine

On the basis that there is a capacity reduction/limit for a newer engine with better parts availability, better gearbox etc. It clearly seems to work well in Australia and I think it's reasonable to allow here in NZ too.

As Richban has pointed out many times before, the power potential between a 100cc water cooled 2T and a 150 4T is potentially/maybe/probably giving the 2T an advantage (not that I believe it has had a huge impact on the bucket field so far).

Previously I was thinking along the lines of being able to big bore an 85 and get a 100 in line with the current rules (which is harder to agree on) but I would vote yes on whether 85cc MX engines are allowed in with the normal % bore allowance.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Just had a look on TM for a laugh, even stuffed 85s ain't cheap. I still have a road legal FXR for sale is anyone wants one
    Stock is best

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Personally I think the ruling to allow 85s to enter buckets at a mid level without taking over the class is fairly simple, as long as they are restricted to their manufactured spec of 85cc the power potentiial is going to be much the same as the the other 2T configurations except that they are new, reliable and easily available.

As for it being a gateway to junior riders. Who knows? It would be great if it did but only time will tell.

I believe that there needs to be a change in the way we think about rules as well, I think that it is important to keep rule changes dynamic and have them changed to suit the classes current state. Example, if 85s were let in with no restriction apart from 85cc and they started to clearly take over in power output and make other motors redundant, then ruling should be adjusted to curb the development and pull them back with use of a carb restriction for example. There is no need to make a rule that has to be so robust that it doesn't need to be changed for 10 years.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Just had a look on TM for a laugh, even stuffed 85s ain't cheap. I still have a road legal FXR for sale is anyone wants one
    How much????

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    How much????
    It's ugly but make me an offer.
    Stock is best

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    For once this might have proved useful living in the boon docks. Big cities provide more opportunity for one to obtain FXR/CBR city commuters and mates rates. Us rural hillbillies would have had a better chance sourcing MX engines...

Thread Information