Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The cheater MX85 argument. I might be changing my mind.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Allow the 85's without restrictions but the riders must consume 2x pies and 4x beers before each race.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Allow the 85's without restrictions but the riders must consume 2x pies and 4x beers before each race.
    http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer

"The roots of the beer mile family tree can accurately be traced back to parts of Florida and New England college campuses in the U.S., Hash House Harrier events in Indonesia, and to many places (most notably Ontario) in Canada. The earliest documented races (whose records still exist today) occurred in the late 1980's and early 1990's."

Fucking amateurs, any Vic graduate could tell 'em a few much older stories involving flat warm DB and cold railways pies...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by seymour14 View Post
    No reason it can't be both, everybody is having fun out there, regardless what Grade or experience they have. There is a sharp end and a tail end, just like in every form of racing.

I like it because it has retained a deep appreciation of the home grown talent in this country, and the chance to try different things in a practical engineering way.
    Too true I guess. And fer sure...there are some incredibly talented people out there building shit.

Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    have you not ready the thread where someone is building their own supercharger for a bucket, i think compared to that, a frame change is easy
    Lol. Guess so mate!

Bike
    BMW
    Im keen to build one, been waiting for a slight change in peoples opinion...

The new KX85 and KTM engines would be pretty smokin so could be good to have a rule of say pre 2005 engines or something

Ill build one, I dont really care if I dont get points etc but atleast with this perceived change of opinion towards them I wont feel like im gonna be burnt on a stake

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Piss off, like you need an advantage. Eat some more you skinny prick.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I wont feel like im gonna be burnt on a stake
    We may still do that anyway
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Ill build one,
    I'd like to take you on on a stock 85cc KX with sticky tyres. Be fun as fuck.

Bike
    Yo momma
    What could this rule change lead to? 150MX engines would be the next step http://www.usgpru.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11432

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    What could this rule change lead to? 150MX engines would be the next step http://www.usgpru.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11432
    If you allow 85's MX engine's you have to allow 150's They make the same power. And both capable of 30hp. Portland rules Jason. But they also run the bikes with slicks. No big deal really. It would also allow kids that want to step up to development class to run at the front on there bucket. Win win. Lets get it done. Move the sport forward and maybe we will see more young ones take it up.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

Standardise

If we took on the same rules as across the ditch it could set up a new series, Anzac day races?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    If we took on the same rules as across the ditch it could set up a new series, Anzac day races?
    Realisticly how many people would travel back and forth for something like that?

I haven't looked lately but last time I checked (few years back now) their rules were a lot less open than ours and costs seem to be considerably higher
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Realisticly how many people would travel back and forth for something like that?

I haven't looked lately but last time I checked (few years back now) their rules were a lot less open than ours and costs seem to be considerably higher
    But, as the Americans would say, we would have access to a World Title...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    If you allow 85's MX engine's you have to allow 150's They make the same power. And both capable of 30hp. Portland rules Jason. But they also run the bikes with slicks. No big deal really. It would also allow kids that want to step up to development class to run at the front on there bucket. Win win. Lets get it done. Move the sport forward and maybe we will see more young ones take it up.
    You can counter peak hp with spread. You know that. The dyno curves Kyle posted of the KX are a bit higher than I was lead to believe, but there are dynos and dynos. We'd have to see a few charts. If you are selling aftermarket bolt ons you have to show similar starting numbers to those quoted, play the same game as the manufacturers.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    You can counter peak hp with spread. You know that. The dyno curves Kyle posted of the KX are a bit higher than I was lead to believe, but there are dynos and dynos. We'd have to see a few charts. If you are selling aftermarket bolt ons you have to show similar starting numbers to those quoted, play the same game as the manufacturers.
    yes issue i see putting aside costs etc is it escalates buckets out of a tuner class based on commuter bikes.....
    Which i think was the original point of the class...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    yes issue i see putting aside costs etc is it escalates buckets out of a tuner class based on commuter bikes.....
    Which i think was the original point of the class...........
    Yes, reality with GPR's point of view too, their are plenty of Lifans, FXR's and the likes, and will be for years, as soon as we push past these there will be more expense for the average person, not less.

This kind of thinking ruined the F3 class, suddenly your exciting development of 400's gave way to an off the shelf 650 that put everyone else in the weeds. Buy a bike and win the class. No real development or pushing the limits of what you could do. Just chequebook racing.

Buckets at the moment can be anything you are prepared to invest into it. Cheap, and go have some fun, or more expensive and you get to throw some engineering skills into the mix.

If it aint broken, don't fix it...

Thread Information